Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will you still love these songs if...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will you still love these songs if...  (Read 6903 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: February 18, 2006, 10:48:50 AM »

weren?t Axl singing? ( talking abour IRS , BETTER, TWAT )
same melody, same lyrics, same vocal tempo, same EVERYTHING.... but not Axl singing.
imagine another singer, let?s say, the lead singer from Darkness, or Fred Durst, or Mike Patton, or Scott Weiland, Sammy Haggar... anyone

will you keep saying "holly shit, CD will be the best album ever!" ??

just a question

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:50:16 AM »

I would. TWAT and IRS are great songs in the making. If done right I would. Better isn't GnR and im sorry cause everyone seems to love it.. But im starting to dislike it more and more.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 10:51:30 AM »

better is the bomb its the best so far
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 10:52:03 AM »

of course not!!!!!!!!!!!

its all about Axl Rose......your question cannot be serious??!??

its his voice, his phrasing, his long notes, his....his....his.......everything!!!!

the new bands today wish they could live in Axl's world for half a day, and then maybe feel like a true rock star. everyone today is a poser....i feel bad for them, b/c even they know the truth, and even they know they are the sum of a corporation's idea.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:52:37 AM »

Too each their own.. I want dirty bluesy Rock... TWAT is the closest to that so Id have to say thats the best.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 10:53:07 AM »

Better is the best IMO, its actually has the potential to be an ALL TIME GnR HIT!!!!!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:54:45 AM »

The casual fan will spit its face and turn their back.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
damnsmooth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:02:22 AM »

of course not!!!!!!!!!!!

its all about Axl Rose......your question cannot be serious??!??

its his voice, his phrasing, his long notes, his....his....his.......everything!!!!

the new bands today wish they could live in Axl's world for half a day, and then maybe feel like a true rock star. everyone today is a poser....i feel bad for them, b/c even they know the truth, and even they know they are the sum of a corporation's idea.

You hit that nail right on the head.
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 11:13:08 AM »

Better is the best IMO, its actually has the potential to be an ALL TIME GnR HIT!!!!!

Really?

I don't know about that.  Will people still be talking about Better 20 years from now?  Will they be playing it at every sports arena and stadium during time-outs and half times.  Guess that all remains to be seen...

All the songs are good.  But none have that amazing opening riff GnR were always known for.

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 11:17:53 AM »

I don't like any of those vocals/bands anyway, but I can imagine mick jagger, freddy mercury, alice cooper singing them

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »

No, it wouldn't be the same.  Axl is a instrument.  The Axlmonica.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

The same question should be asked about all of GNR's work. There is no denying what makes GNR music that special something is the voice.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 12:10:06 PM »

if axl wasn't singing these tunes no one would be on their thousandth listen that is quite obvious.. Songs these same people bash would get instant classic radio friendly hit status if axl sung them.. You don't really expect honest opinions here...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 12:11:10 PM »

alot of you people must have missed the first time gnr came around with afd..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »

I don't like any of those vocals/bands anyway, but I can imagine mick jagger, freddy mercury, alice cooper singing them

Man, you picked three outstanding frontmen on that one.  You are right, if they sang this song, it would still rock.  I would love to hear Jagger's expression of these songs. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 12:22:14 PM »

the estrogen levels on this board are through the roof with all the timberlake like loving, it's like a bunch of 12 year olds saw their first boob on an R rated film...

We all love songs and we all enjoy music but turn it down a notch, most people here are like starving people shown a piece of ground beef acting like it was the best steak ever..

It's easy to see most people aren't gnr fans but axl rose fans and whatever he sings is great regardless of what it is especially since it took so long and everyone convinced themselves cd was the best album ever without hearing most of the tunes
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »

and a thread can easily be made saying if slash was on these songs would u have an orgasm liek the rest of us...so it goes both ways...the differece is no1 cares anymore to start threads like that...we are sitting back and enjoying some hits

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Steel_Angel
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »

its all about axl's voice..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 12:29:58 PM »

and a thread can easily be made saying if slash was on these songs would u have an orgasm liek the rest of us...so it goes both ways...the differece is no1 cares anymore to start threads like that...we are sitting back and enjoying some hits

Not really being I said that bucket's solo in IRS was the highlight of the song....  People are doing a little more then enjoying the songs man... Cd best album ever, will it break the all time sales record, instant classic, instant hit, most radio friendly song, best gnr song ever etc.. I mean come on man people are going over board here..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »

Not really being I said that bucket's solo in IRS was the highlight of the song....? People are doing a little more then enjoying the songs man... Cd best album ever, will it break the all time sales record, instant classic, instant hit, most radio friendly song, best gnr song ever etc.. I mean come on man people are going over board here..

People are going crazy cuz it's finally something...I mean this is more then we have gotten ever and people are expressing all their feelings on the songs.   IRS was great at the time when it was first leaked on the forums.   This is like so much more then that...it's a better version of IRS plus 2 other songs.
I am excited too so yeah...we are all baking in it right now.    While I get your point, it's just great to have so much buzz here, finally feeling that posting about the same shit year after year...this is like our payoff hihi   Until CD actually gets releases peace   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: