Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Download Festival - June 11 (Donington Park, UK)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11 (Donington Park, UK)  (Read 111611 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 21, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »

Web site: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/

Sunday June 11th

Board members attending the show: 33, al3x, Alan, anythinggoes, Arron, babydolls, blaqtiger, BUMBLEHEAD, Chris Misfit, ckgent, cyllan, DazRose01, Decadence, Ducks, Evolution, Festah_GT, fieldsy, Graciela, GUNNERMAD, Jarmo, Jim, MR W,AXL ROSE, Shirell, Stoned, wadey9

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:03:12 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CoMa UK
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:25:15 PM »

They are headlining the final day Smiley
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »

It's my birthday on the 12th. It's amazing to think i'll turn 18 as my favourite band play  Cheesy
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:00:39 PM »

can't fucking wait for this Cheesy

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 01:50:16 AM »

You think they will really be there?  You think Axl will do it, without cancelling beforehand?  We'll see.......     
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 06:22:46 AM »

i really wanna go to this - never seen GNR before, had a couple of near misses with the cancelled london shows! - but i'm really not interested in seeing metallica or anyone else on the download bill so ?115 for a ticket seems a bit much and i can't really afford that.  just really hope they put on some other individual UK shows and i don't miss another chance to see them just cos i don't wanna pay to go to Download!
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:01:57 AM »

metallica on 10, gnr on 11?

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 08:05:45 AM »

i really wanna go to this - never seen GNR before, had a couple of near misses with the cancelled london shows! - but i'm really not interested in seeing metallica or anyone else on the download bill so ?115 for a ticket seems a bit much and i can't really afford that.? just really hope they put on some other individual UK shows and i don't miss another chance to see them just cos i don't wanna pay to go to Download!

day tickets will be on sale at some point for around ?70-?80 i am in same boat as you only really want to see GNR and Prodigy
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »

They are not certain about day tickets.

So i'm gonna buy A weekend ticket and just go on the Sunday. So what if I lose money.. it's GN'R!!!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 03:43:35 PM »

Two best things in my Life? F1 and Guns n' Roses. What date is Donnington? Thats right....the same weekend as the British Grand Prix, which, incidentally I already have paid for a granstand weekend seat.................Absolutey gutted

Easyjet and a european destination are my only hope if download is the only UK date. Would have done dublin, but is on the friday before. What bad luck.....
November Pain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 07:40:10 AM »

I too would of loved to of seen them. But it's right in the middle of my GCSE'S. Cant belive it! :crying:But i have faith that they'll do a UK tour. Anyway i'd rather go to somewhere like Sheffield cos atleast you'll be able to see them. At download it's gonna be crazy.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 09:44:40 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has commented on the band's upcoming appearance at the Download 2006 festival, set to take place June 9-11 at Donington Park in England.

The band will join the already announced METALLICA at the top of the bill for the summer event, which will provide the only U.K. shows for the two groups.

GUNS N' ROSES will take to the stage on the Sunday (June 11), while METALLICA will play the previous night.

The last time Axl Rose and co. graced Donington was in 1988, where they played in front of over 100,000 fans following the release of their seminal album "Appetite for Destruction".

According to NME.com, Rose said of the appearance: "The U.K. and Europe have always been special for me. After our last great shows there, we are all very excited and looking forward to getting back over there and in front of such great audiences."

He added: "Donington has always meant a lot to me personally, way before I ever played there. To be asked to headline is for me an honour and a privilege that none of us take for granted. We look forward to seeing all of you at Download!"

GUNS N' ROSES are expected to showcase new songs from their long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album, which has been over ten years in the making.

As well as the two confirmed headliners, the bill for Download 2006 now includes KORN, THE PRODIGY, DEFTONES, CLUTCH, TRIVIUM, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, LUCUNA COIL, INME, HATEBREED and WITHIN TEMPTATION.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 09:45:20 AM »

In the middle of GCSE's?

I wonder if it clashes with my exams...

To be honest, I don't care.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »

I would like a day ticket too but I'm not gonna take the risk of it selling out so looks like I'm gonna be spending a weekend in a field with a load of dirty metallers Wink 

That's providing I get the time off work.  Do you think prospective employers would be understanding if under 'why did you quit your last job?' I put 'To see GnR, of course!'? 
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 10:32:43 PM »

when do the day tickets usually go on sale.whats the chance of getting one when they do go on sale.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 05:17:29 PM »

can someone explain these diffrences in traintickets(and i don't mean the prices Wink)?:
London to Derby
Single Fares
You can choose a different ticket for your outward and return trip, to suit your journey requirements.
MML ADVANCE C
?6.00

MML ADVANCE D
?8.00

MML ADVANCE E
?9.00

MML 1ST ADVANCE A
?10.00

VALUE ADVANCE SINGLE C
?10.50

MML ADVANCE F
?11.00

VALUE ADVANCE SINGLE B
?13.50

MML ADVANCE G
?14.00

MML 1ST ADVANCE B
?15.00

VALUE ADVANCE SINGLE A
?16.00

MML ADVANCE H
?17.00

MML 1ST ADVANCE C
?20.00

MML ADVANCE I
?21.00

MML 1ST ADVANCE D
?25.00 

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »

:rant:WHY THE FUK DONT THEY SELL DAY TICKETS TO THIS FROM THE BEGGINING rant :rant:ITS STUPID THAT THEY DONT.MONEY GRABBING MUTHA FUKERS rant rant

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Jonathan
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »

Two Guns N' Roses shows for me this summer, heaven!

anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 07:42:09 AM »

im in a dilema i dont want to buy a festival ticket just in case GNR announce another show on the FRI or SAT but i dont want to risk not getting a day ticket oh what the fuck to do. what are the possibilities of another UK show being announced ??

EDIT wanker just worked  out they are doing Dublin on the Fri
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:10:02 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 09:18:26 AM »

im in a dilema i dont want to buy a festival ticket just in case GNR announce another show on the FRI or SAT but i dont want to risk not getting a day ticket oh what the fuck to do. what are the possibilities of another UK show being announced ??

Aye, I'm in the same boat as you.  I think I'm going to end up buying weekend tickets but I'll be gutted if they do announce another date in the UK.  I'm not overly keen on the rest of Download's lineup so ?135 just for a ticket is pricy even for GnR!  I will pay it, but if they'd have released the day tickets or GnR announced another UK date, I'd go for either of those options instead. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: