Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What has been the most negative influence on today's youth, Hip hop,video games?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What has been the most negative influence on today's youth, Hip hop,video games?  (Read 24927 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2006, 12:46:39 AM »

In ten years kids will be even worse than they are now.
Unless something is done about it.

Sodom and Gomorrah baby!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2006, 06:10:32 AM »

Do you think older folks say this about teens for every generation.

Without a doubt.

Everyone rebels a bit when they're young, it's perfectly natural. ?At the time it's a lot of fun and you don't see it as a bad thing at all. ?I reakon people forget that when they get older, they just look bitterly down at the younger generation and mutter things like "something needs to be done".

I think society in England is great, to be honest. ?The only people dragging it down are the working classes - they're the ones who produce the dangrous kids who could very well stab you for refusing to hand over your phone.  And they're always breeding!  They barely have any money and yet they're constantly getting pregnant.  Condoms are free, goddammit!  Retards.

So...yeah.  Hope no-one gets offended by that. Undecided
avesia
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2006, 06:19:22 AM »

In ten years kids will be even worse than they are now.
Unless something is done about it.

Nobody cares...Everybody complains, because it's easyer to sit back and do nothing about it. It's a matter of education. Hip hop is all you can see on tv, and kids like it because they haven't seen anything else. They think women are sex objects and big, large clothes are hip because this is what they see every day
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2006, 07:38:23 AM »

i agree whoever mentioned sports. The problem is chavs. They support all the sports facilities and treat rockers n stuff like shit. As a result, rockers get put off sports because sports it now a chav label (in UK). I only enjoy some sports now, i'm put off football (soccer), and hockey. the only games i enjoy now are cricket and tennis, basketball and volleyball. It used to be more but ive been put off. I joined my school sports teams and it was full of chavish bastards who never gave me opportunities.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2006, 05:29:46 PM »

Except for the occasional good movies and video games, the entertianment industry has become generic. Now cable TV does have solid programming, but otherwise modern entertianment is pretty much shit. I do like the internet because i enjoy reading alot though. The information you learn online can be? invaluable to your health and well-being. About blaming Grunge on culture, i was 13 when Teen Spirit video went into rotation, and it was a huge hit almost instantly. My older brother in high school said everyone he knew liked Nirvana. It wasnt forced down anyones throat. Grunge was basically metal without the spandex.

Modern culture's problems come from parenting or lack of and possibly bad messeges from Rap. Black people as a whole definitely suffer from the culture they chose to live in.

My older brother has three kids all under 4 years of age, but one has been in the hospital, but does he spend any time with them? Fuck no! they all stay at my moms as much as possible, going to the other grandparents house on the weekends, because my brothers too busy from his 40 hour per week job. He lives 3 miles away hihi His girlfriend has been living at the hospital with the baby for the past few months, and visits her other kids maybe once per week. But she wont change diapers, feed them or anything like that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:39:38 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »

I joined my school sports teams and it was full of chavish bastards who never gave me opportunities.

Rockers aren't meant to join school teams, we're usually just not motivated enough!? There's nothing stopping you playing football down the park with your mates - that's much more social, less competative and still gets you lots of excorsise.? Who cares about getting recognition from a PE Teacher? Tongue

Except for the occasional good movies and video games, the entertianment industry has become generic. Now cable TV does have solid programming, but otherwise modern entertianment is pretty much shit.

WRONG.? People have been saying that every day for the past twenty years, and probably longer.  It seems to be a natural human characteristic to believe that life was much, much better in the past and that the modern world couldn't possibly compete with it.? The truth is modern entertainment has never been better, there are more options now in films and music than ever before, with all kinds of genres and ideas arriving from all over the world.? The film industry has never been stronger - In recent years we have been given the likes of Sin City, Oldboy, Batman Begins, Kill Bill, Hero, Blow and Downfall.? These are all great films.? NOT generic at all.? And the anime!? If you want quality modern entertainment, grab some fucking anime off the shelf and you'll remember that life is awesome again.

Old people sit around in chairs complaining that they'll never make films as good as they did in the 50s.? Do you know how much corruption there was in Hollywood in the 50s??? Pretty much every female star slept their way to the top back then.? Marylin Munroe was a hooker just like the rest of em'.? These days there is real freedom in the market - anyone can have a crack at being a director if they want to and the sky's the limit on what they can make their film about.? They can even make a film saying the government is evil, that is total creative freedom.

How did I get so off-topic?? Whatever, I have one last thing to say.

Black people as a whole definitely suffer from the culture they chose to live in.

They aren't suffering!? They like their culture.? You don't understand why they like it because it's alien to you, just like Michael Caine didn't understand why the Zulus liked running around in rags waving sticks in the air.? I can't believe you think they're suffering!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:48:11 AM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »

Black people as a whole definitely suffer from the culture they chose to live in.

They aren't suffering!? They like their culture.? You don't understand why they like it because it's alien to you, just like Michael Caine didn't understand why the Zulus liked running around in rags waving sticks in the air.? I can't believe you think they're suffering!

Its a very negative, expensive, tax burdening culture that de-emphesizes education and community, and promotes violence and hoes. Not all black communitys are like this but a large percentage of them are. They also dont like to police themselves.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2006, 07:01:44 PM »

nazi propaganda..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sandman
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »

black communities are suffering. anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't live near a big US city, that's for sure.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2006, 08:03:48 AM »

black communities are suffering. anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't live near a big US city, that's for sure.

good call, us suffered under nazi regime long after WWII.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2006, 09:42:43 AM »

I joined my school sports teams and it was full of chavish bastards who never gave me opportunities.

Rockers aren't meant to join school teams, we're usually just not motivated enough!? There's nothing stopping you playing football down the park with your mates - that's much more social, less competative and still gets you lots of excorsise.? Who cares about getting recognition from a PE Teacher? Tongue

Dude, I'm trying to tell you that we get put off this way.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »

Okay you're right, it's totally unfair that school teams are dominated by townies.  I used to play for my school but I hated most of the players - I stuck it out for a while but did quit eventually just to see the back of them.  I can totally see where you're coming from there and I do sympothise.

Have you tried joining a local team?

I don't live near any US city, I was talking about England only.  I couldn't comment on anywhere else.
conny
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »

what do u think has had the greatest negative impact on todays youth?

television / mass media

hip hop and video games are harmless compared to how hard talk shows, mtv and other shit fucks people into their bloody minds

ban hip hop and video games forever and nothing will change

ban television and mass media for only 4 weeks and the world will be a better place

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

Hip hop and video games are a form of media.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »

Hip-hop

Videogames encourage kids to stay off the streets, while Hip-hop encourages kids to live on the streets.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »

AxlRoseVen....   hihi hihi rofl
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »

Hip hop is all you can see on tv, and kids like it because they haven't seen anything else. They think women are sex objects and big, large clothes are hip because this is what they see every day

Uh huh, and hair metal used to be all you could see on tv, and kids liked it because they didn't see anything else.  They thought women were sex objects and big, large hair and ripped jeans were hip because that is what they saw everyday.  My the times have changed since these black artists became successful  Roll Eyes

Blaming hip hop is a joke.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2006, 06:10:56 AM »

Hip hop is all you can see on tv, and kids like it because they haven't seen anything else. They think women are sex objects and big, large clothes are hip because this is what they see every day

Uh huh, and hair metal used to be all you could see on tv, and kids liked it because they didn't see anything else.? They thought women were sex objects and big, large hair and ripped jeans were hip because that is what they saw everyday.? My the times have changed since these black artists became successful? Roll Eyes

Blaming hip hop is a joke.

being 15 years old, i disagree that Hair Metal treated women as objects. Seems far to nice.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2006, 06:12:51 AM »

Okay you're right, it's totally unfair that school teams are dominated by townies.? I used to play for my school but I hated most of the players - I stuck it out for a while but did quit eventually just to see the back of them.? I can totally see where you're coming from there and I do sympothise.

Have you tried joining a local team?

I don't live near any US city, I was talking about England only.? I couldn't comment on anywhere else.

i've tried 3 local teams. the local teams are just as bad as the school teams.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2006, 09:42:32 AM »

Being 15, you don't know what you're talking about.  Rap is very similar to what bands like Warrent, Poison, Motley Crue, etc. did in the 80s. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: