Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  XX Olympic Winter Games 10-26 February 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: XX Olympic Winter Games 10-26 February 2006  (Read 19535 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 05, 2006, 12:50:36 PM »

This is the thread for all the action from the Winter Olympics!

Official site: http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/OlympicGames/home/index.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 06:54:15 PM »

I've never been a big winter olympics fan, but I read somewhere that Michelle Kwan was making a comeback and is gonna try and win a gold medal. So I guess I'll watch the figure skating event at least.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 11:41:08 PM »

As an American, I hate Michelle Kwan's guts.?
Why would you say that? I'm an american, and I dont see the point you are trying to make with that statement. Do you not know a talented and hot piece of ass when you see one? hihi In the 98 Olympics, I was glad Tara Lipinski won the gold medal. But i think its cool that Michelle is attempting a comeback for one last shot at glory, and I dont understand why you would judge her so harshly.

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 06:32:25 AM »

I want to say congrats to chemi Alcott for finishing 11th in the skiing yesterday

Good on you Girl!! Smiley

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 08:58:41 AM »

Canada had a pretty good start in the Mens hockey beating Italy 7-2..The women are on a roll to

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

We (Estonia) got our second gold today  Smiley

This   is   Democracy!!!
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 08:19:58 AM »

The only Winter Olympics sport I love is Hockey. I've been waiting 4 years for this moment, the chance to watch some quality Hockey. The NHL doesn't do it for me, the skating rink is too damn small, things are happening too fast. In the international games, they have a traditional rink, and it rules!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 10:41:34 AM »

3rd gold for estonia Veerpalu rules  Cool

This   is   Democracy!!!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »

As a North America hockey viewer, wake me up when the REAL game comes back.  Oh wait, even the NHL isn't real hockey anymore.  Never mind.

I don't know what it is about curling that makes me like it so much.  It's boring, and yet I can't look away.  Kinda like televised billiards.

Speed skating is the best event, especially the short-track stuff.  Luge too.  Hell, the only things I don't pay much attention to are cross country skiing, figure skating (oh wait, I already said I don't watch international hockey Cheesy ), and a few others.  It sucks though, I don't have cable right now, so I only see what NBC gives me.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 03:38:27 PM »

DAMN!!!!! rant rant

Who the fuck do the swiss think they are?

Beat the Czechs yesterday in hockey and My country CANADA today!!!! Shocked

Damnnn!!! good work by Switzerland!!! ok my hat is off to you.

The Canadians, Czechs and the States (after losing to Latvia Shocked ) better get their shit together or it'll be a short, dissapointing tourney for all three countries, fuck Canada hasn't even played a contender yet and Finland looks good this year
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 09:48:44 PM by Neemo » Logged

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 06:30:51 AM »

The Swiss have been a huge surprise in hockey. We've been pretty good. Our first real game was yesterday against the Czechs... The game took a bit of a nasty turn when Ruutu checked Jagr into the boards with Jagr's head down. The ref handled the situation really well. I feel bad for Jagr. In Ruutu's defence though Jagr put his head down at almost the last second, and that really isn't a good idea if you're playing with a 1970's helmet. But he shouldn't have checked him like that.

We'll see how mad the Canada got from their loss to the Swiss.. We have to start getting more goals from our 2-4 lines and stop solely depending on the first.. Though Sel?nne and Lehtinen have been great so far and Sel?nne said something like "I've had a good night sleep now, but I'm still waiting to my legs in the action.." Jokinen and Koivu have been good too. I'm hoping that the rest of the team will pick up their level a bit. And that Niittym?ki continues to play confident in goal. That way we'll have a chance tonight.

But: Curling!! Curling fucking rocks!! Uusipaavalniemi rules! We just won Italy, and are now in the semi's! Tonight we play GBR, but the outcome of that doesn't really matter all that much.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 12:41:04 PM »

Alright, I usually don't have much to say on International hockey, especially the European teams, but being half-Finnish and kinda pulling for them from the beginning of this, I gotta be the first to chime in...

HOLY LIVING FUCK, FINLAND BEAT CANADA!!!!!!

And in regards to the hit on Jagr, that was a clean hit.  If you want to wear a cheap helmet, you get what you deserve.  At the same time, you should be allowed to wear a cheap helmet if you want.  But if you get hurt from it, don't cry about it.  We'll see if this causes anything in the NHL regular season.  Do the Rangers and Canucks play at all?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »

I don't think it'll cause anything over there. I heard Jagr had to sign an agreement that IIHF isn't responsible for his injuries caused by him wearing an old helmet.

We played well for the first perioid. The 2nd and 3rd were not as good, but Niitym?ki was there when we needed him.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 03:09:31 PM »

The Canadian and Sweedish ladies just began their gold medal hockey match now ok

And as I typed the previous, Apps just scored for Canada beer

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »

I don't even know why Women's hockey is an event at the games. Canada is still lightyears ahead of everyone else. But I guess others are coming closer..

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 05:47:46 PM »

I guess they have the women's hockey since they have men's hockey. Canada and the US have always dominated women's hockey but Sweden's victory over the US was huge for the sport.

As for men's hockey, I'm cheering for Finland all the way since I don't think the US will go far. I really want to see Niittymaki win the gold. It was a disgrace he wasn't selected originally.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 06:02:50 PM »

As for men's hockey, I'm cheering for Finland all the way since I don't think the US will go far. I really want to see Niittymaki win the gold. It was a disgrace he wasn't selected originally.

You have good taste.  Grin

Unfortunately, I don't think Finland will go that far. They always seem to have at least one really bad period in the tournaments.... That's usually enough.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »

Norway, on the other hand...is doing spectacular.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 07:21:42 PM »

You have good taste.? Grin

Unfortunately, I don't think Finland will go that far. They always seem to have at least one really bad period in the tournaments.... That's usually enough.

/jarmo

My three favorite NHLers are Finns (Niittymaki is one of them) so I can't help but cheer them on! Being a Niittymaki fan, I think he can carry Finland far.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 02:23:50 AM »

Hopefully they'll have a great game today....  nervous

How about those Swedes losing yesterday so they'll play against the Swiss today. How conveniant....

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: