Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More leaks are under way!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More leaks are under way!  (Read 52347 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2006, 04:57:40 AM »

LRs come on you think he is going to scrap his life's work because some people heard unfinished versions of possibly 5 year old demos?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2006, 04:59:48 AM »

for those of you who know me, you know how I feel about Axl dicking around and cancelling shows and not releasing the album.  I have been frustrated with him and his bullshit for too long....

but I think at this point I can honestly say I feel bad for the guy.  I think it is because I actually see that he has an album that he is going to release.  I have said for the longest time that he would never release this album.  Now that I see what he has done on it and how much I like some of the songs (TWAT is great) I actually sympathize with him.

I am sure he had a big plan on how to release Chinese Democracy to the public and that plan has gone to shit.  I never thought I would say I feel bad for Axl Rose, but right now I really do.  I DO want to hear these new songs, and if they are leaked I will listen to them.... but I cant believe I am saying this, I DON'T WANT THEM LEAKED

not that it will matter what I think.... wow I cant believe I just admitted that.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2006, 05:04:59 AM »

WHOOOOAAAAAA.... alot of posts are being deleted right now.  This is quite interesting
Olorin
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2006, 05:06:21 AM »

I dont think the leaks will screw anything really, if anything screws it, it will be sub-par material.

I am glad to hear the leaks as they have disolved this fantasy I had in my head of how unbeleivably fantastic the new material will be.

If this is the best he has got, then it is a good way to soften up the fans by giving them a better idea of what to expect. And really it is only 5 or 6 songs, according to them they have a mountain of material stockpiled. These song titles were touted back in 2000, surely he cant have been working on the same songs all these years, there should be material we have know idea about.

If management dont really seem over-concerned about the leaks, don't anybody else get their knickers in a twist about them and get all moralistic, just enjoy it, fuck sake you might get hit by a bus today. Live life and enjoy what you can, cause most of it sucks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 05:15:10 AM by Olorin » Logged
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2006, 05:09:37 AM »

WTF??? more leaks?? how many songs are we talking about here/??
Well the names Catcher In The Rye, This I Love, The General, Prostitute, Thyme and a few other names flying around. This is not good no

I agree. I don't have any of those clips and I wish they wouldn't get leaked to the net. I can't really see much of positiveness that the album is getting leaked this way.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2006, 05:11:21 AM »

any1 have an nano ipod and know how to organize the osngs so i can go thru them when browsing the ipod and organizing it thank u

rename the files in Itunes so theyre all Guns n' Roses not Axl Rose etc.. as well as album etc..

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2006, 05:12:04 AM »

Don't get me wrong ppl: The first leaks were alright and GOOD. Good for us, to restore our faith, good for the PR, good for Axl, good for the radio stations - therefore good for all sides.

I don't bash anyone for this. Better and TWAT were a good combination for some cheap PR. A cool rocker, a good ballad, but "hey, just demos". That was good.

I'm just annoyed by the spin things begin to take NOW.

Restraint is for suckers.
Olorin
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2006, 05:18:14 AM »

The worst thing about it is the fact that people seem to be making money out of it. That might change managements laid back attitude about it.
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2006, 05:21:38 AM »

I was very exciting in the beginning of this buzz , but now it's just boring!
The more songs will be leaked , the less we'll have the chance to hold CD in our hands!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2006, 05:24:31 AM »

It will be a little disappointing if all of CD is leaked, at the very least, I hope 5 songs are new to us on release day

but in saying that, I think its unreasonable for anyone to expect loyal fans of this band not to listen to the demos

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2006, 05:25:20 AM »

I was very exciting in the beginning of this buzz , but now it's just boring!
The more songs will be leaked , the less we'll have the chance to hold CD in our hands!

I agree I am bored... It was exciting... The part of the leaks that was exciting was you started thinking wow the album is going to be announced soon, then the tour dates... Now I just feel the entire album could leak and the album still wouldn't be anywhere in sight..

I don't care though if the album leaks because they are demos not the actual album..
Spoonz
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »

if you think about it though, eventually they will release the cd..... in doing that people will get their hands on it before its released, in return IT WILL GET ON THE INTERNET!!! there is nothing anyone can do about it. so its only a matter of time.... beer
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2006, 06:11:46 AM »

so its only a matter of time.... beer

And THAT is the point that should scare every veteran.  Undecided

Spoonz
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2006, 06:16:20 AM »

I dont think that it should scare anyone. its beyond us all. every disk that is released is put on the internet months before it hits the racks at Best Buy. I dont think itll hurt sales at all. people that are going to buy it will buy it regardless.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2006, 06:19:18 AM »

I dont mean the sales numbers. I mean the time factor. "A matter of time" can take enormous dimensions in the GNR universe, as we all know.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #215 on: February 25, 2006, 06:21:22 AM »

I dont think that it should scare anyone. its beyond us all. every disk that is released is put on the internet months before it hits the racks at Best Buy. I dont think itll hurt sales at all. people that are going to buy it will buy it regardless.

people that are going to buy will, people that are going to steal are going to.. if you are a fan you buy, if not you won't... It's the way life is today with this technology
Spoonz
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2006, 06:24:21 AM »

people that are going to buy will, people that are going to steal are going to.. if you are a fan you buy, if not you won't... It's the way life is today with this technology

exactly, so i hope it doesnt affect anything in releasing this very anticipated album!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2006, 06:27:42 AM »

the thing is the people who are listening tot eh leaks are the people who are going to buy the album.. That is the gnr communities, the links are spreading and being heard by new people because our community spreads these links all over the place asking for opinions or flocking to radio stations.. if we as the gnr community just listened to the demos and left it like that only we would hear them so there'd be no worries since we are all buying it anyways..

I want to hear demos so we can see how much teh songs changed over the years

I sometimes hear twat and wonder if it's a demo
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2006, 06:52:18 AM »

sweet more leaks! peace

Chinese Democracy!
88 Days
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2006, 06:53:38 AM »

it always struck me as funny that all the leaks that are appearently circulating are all known or rumoured song titles...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: