Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  THE GNR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD COMMUNITY SHOULD SHUT DOWN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE GNR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD COMMUNITY SHOULD SHUT DOWN  (Read 19191 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: February 25, 2006, 01:30:05 AM »

YEa thats right. Fuck these leaks. Fuk the peopel that are leaking it. No more. W ehave enough to hold us over. Your not cool because you have the tracks. GOod for you your special. Enjoy them on your own. Get the fuk outta here

ALL GNR MESSAGE BOARDS SHOULD SHUT DOWN FOR A WEEK OR 2 UNTIL THERES A PRESS RELEASE.
no need for this nonsense. i want the album the way the band wants me to hear it when they want me to hear it....shut them down if it gets out of control

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 01:31:43 AM »

dude another lame topic that should be merged in another thread. dont listen to them if you want to be loyal to axl

stop insulting the leaks like that
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 01:32:17 AM »

all caps, lol
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 01:32:43 AM »

YEa thats right. Fuck these leaks. Fuk the peopel that are leaking it. No more. W ehave enough to hold us over. Your not cool because you have the tracks. GOod for you your special. Enjoy them on your own. Get the fuk outta here

ALL GNR MESSAGE BOARDS SHOULD SHUT DOWN FOR A WEEK OR 2 UNTIL THERES A PRESS RELEASE.
no need for this nonsense. i want the album the way the band wants me to hear it when they want me to hear it....shut them down if it gets out of control

its being talked about.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 01:33:11 AM »

I agree. Whats leaked has already been leaked.. and thats great.. but don't get damn greedy.

This is Axl's album, and no matter how "unfair" the wait has been, we have NO right to leak it. Don't be pricks.

I 100% advocate the self-destruction of GN'R massage boards. But even then.. things will be leaked.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 01:33:27 AM »

man,expect an ear bashing for this thread ?peace.i do agree with you but at the same time,they will leak on a NIN board or a METALLICA board.what can we do except have an official announcement and release date which takes the interest of the demos peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 01:34:17 AM »

If it's not leaked here, it'll get leaked somewhere else.  You guys need to get in touch with reality.  I'm not trying to be a dick, but no matter what anyone does albums will be leaked before they're released
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 01:35:14 AM »

I never seen a whinier fanbase. ?Leaks happen all of the time and fans of other bands embrace them because they just want to hear music but GNR fans just whine. ?Roll Eyes
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 01:35:49 AM »

Yeah, because everyone else won't go elsewhere.

It's out there guys, there is no getting the cat back in the bag.

GNR and its management need to come up with a cohesive plan to move forward, because they can't shut down the entire internet, so to think shutting down MY GNR and HTGTH is going to put a lid on it is being incredibly naive.

That will kill the buzz about the band more than anything, as don't think there will be some negative publicity associated with such a move. But hey, they have never been very business saavy anyway so why stop now.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 01:36:36 AM »

An interesting idea, but it can't be stopped. Damn strippers.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 01:36:49 AM »

Guess what happens when you shut down the forums?? They leak on Limewire, giving millions of people access to the songs, compared to the few thousand that frequent the forums.

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 01:37:36 AM »

If it's not leaked here, it'll get leaked somewhere else.? You guys need to get in touch with reality.? I'm not trying to be a dick, but no matter what anyone does albums will be leaked before they're released

Yeah seriously lets recognize the simple fact that if its not done here, it will be somewhere else. ?I'm sick of reading the same bullshit in 15 different threads. ?Most of us have brains and can figure out both schools of thought on our own. ?Quit spelling it out - you're wasting your own time and ours. ?When the mods see this shit, they're going to freak.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 01:38:26 AM »

Here are younggunners thoughts of the leaks (another hypocrite who can't help himself)

We all thought it was going to be a standard rock song..{a great one}...but it surprised us...and thats the beauty of this band and direction. Its gonan be unique not the run of the mill rock song. It would have been a great standard modern rock song but they put their spin on it.

And to me thats balls. Thats taking a sure hit and making it what you want it to be...And isnt that the spirit of GNR? Doing things their way? It needs a final production. And it will get that. These are demos. Demos that are pleasantly surprising most people....

The only thing left for Axl is to make sure the production of the album doesn tget fucked up and ruin these songs. If they nail the production, everything will "make sense" and sound less chaotic...But I want chaos...thats gnr baby
 ? ?

12 ? Guns N' Roses / Guns N' Roses / Re: Guitar playing on new tracks - your opinion? ?on: Yesterday at 04:41:33 PM ?
these songs are loaded with guiatars...am i the only who has heard the extended version of TWAT?
I just dont know what you people are expecting with this new band. Its not gonna be AFD all over again. Theres not gonan be any double talkin jive type solo or some simple song liek u aint the first...its just not that type of album or band....

TWAT,The Blues, and IRS all have old gnr type structureds and guitars....

CD is the simplest of the rock songs so far.

And Better is something fresh and new.

So far we have heard half the album and have been given a littl ebit of everything. And thats a GNr thing to do. A littl ebit of everything. And it all works in a weird, special way. Thats what GNr is all about post AFD.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 01:40:39 AM »

Here are younggunners thoughts of the leaks (another hypocrite who can't help himself)

Do you not understand the concept of not wanting the entire album to leak out? Or is that too big of a though to be processed in your puny little brain? Jesus christ you people are morons.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 01:41:34 AM »

There would not be nearly the hysteria there is to leak these if the general public knew what was going on with the album.

I am not saying its right, or that management and the band shouldn't be allowed to operate as they wish, but in a digital age this happens to EVERY BAND. GNR is not exempt from the other thousands of artists who release albums each year and have to deal with them being leaked early.

Instead of trying to fight an unwinable war they should be using this to their advantage. That would require common sense though, something severely lacking in the GNR braintrust.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 01:41:42 AM »

My opinion is that this is one HUGE marketing ploy by Axl and his management. I think the leaks are intentional given the fact that ?he has recently made appearances in the Tri-State area. ?You really have to question why are the leaks happening now. There has to be a reason. If the leaks are not intentional then I think this will force Axl to release the album FINALLY! I don't think any message boards should be shut down as a result. Things happen. Now ?this ?whole thing is in Axl's court. ?
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 01:42:15 AM »

release the fucking album then
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 01:44:15 AM »

We all thought it was going to be a standard rock song..{a great one}...but it surprised us...and thats the beauty of this band and direction. Its gonan be unique not the run of the mill rock song. It would have been a great standard modern rock song but they put their spin on it.

And to me thats balls. Thats taking a sure hit and making it what you want it to be...And isnt that the spirit of GNR? Doing things their way? It needs a final production. And it will get that. These are demos. Demos that are pleasantly surprising most people....

The only thing left for Axl is to make sure the production of the album doesn tget fucked up and ruin these songs. If they nail the production, everything will "make sense" and sound less chaotic...But I want chaos...thats gnr baby
 ? ?

12 ? Guns N' Roses / Guns N' Roses / Re: Guitar playing on new tracks - your opinion? ?on: Yesterday at 04:41:33 PM ?
these songs are loaded with guiatars...am i the only who has heard the extended version of TWAT?
I just dont know what you people are expecting with this new band. Its not gonna be AFD all over again. Theres not gonan be any double talkin jive type solo or some simple song liek u aint the first...its just not that type of album or band....

TWAT,The Blues, and IRS all have old gnr type structureds and guitars....

CD is the simplest of the rock songs so far.

And Better is something fresh and new.

So far we have heard half the album and have been given a littl ebit of everything. And thats a GNr thing to do. A littl ebit of everything. And it all works in a weird, special way. Thats what GNr is all about post AFD.

yeah,seems like younggunner was happy with the 3 demos that leaked,which he thought were the only leaks and maybe leaked by GNR.EXACTLY HOW I THOUGHT.BUT NOW THERE IS A CHANCE OF THE WHOLE ALBUM LEAKING HE IS PISSED JUST LIKE ME.THIS DOESNT MAKE HIM OR ME A HYPOCRIT ?rant.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 01:44:22 AM »

Do you not understand the concept of not wanting the entire album to leak out? Or is that too big of a though to be processed in your puny little brain? Jesus christ you people are morons.

How is it that Axl Rose is above having an album leak when every single artist that records music deals with the same problems?

We have all known this was going to happen at some point. Looking at some of the reactions on this board you'd think this scenario has never happened before.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 01:44:56 AM »

I never seen a whinier fanbase. ?Leaks happen all of the time and fans of other bands embrace them because they just want to hear music but GNR fans just whine. ?Roll Eyes

Really guys, lets have some fun with this. The album will be different beer

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: