Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:39:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  THE GNR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD COMMUNITY SHOULD SHUT DOWN
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE GNR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD COMMUNITY SHOULD SHUT DOWN  (Read 19189 times)
rainX
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 01:45:26 AM »

Do you not understand the concept of not wanting the entire album to leak out? Or is that too big of a though to be processed in your puny little brain? Jesus christ you people are morons.

How is it that Axl Rose is above having an album leak when every single artist that records music deals with the same problems?

We have all known this was going to happen at some point. Looking at some of the reactions on this board you'd think this scenario has never happened before.

Yeah, but it shouldn't get fucking leaked in DEMO stage by his own fucking fans man
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 01:46:13 AM »

Do you not understand the concept of not wanting the entire album to leak out? Or is that too big of a though to be processed in your puny little brain? Jesus christ you people are morons.

How is it that Axl Rose is above having an album leak when every single artist that records music deals with the same problems?

We have all known this was going to happen at some point. Looking at some of the reactions on this board you'd think this scenario has never happened before.

Yeah, but it shouldn't get fucking leaked in DEMO stage by his own fucking fans man

Yes it should Smiley

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 01:46:36 AM »

These are demos man, its not the finished product. These arent the best quality and they arent the best representation of what the finished songs are going to be. Its not right, Im sure you knwo it just as well as I do.
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 01:47:11 AM »

When the MOD's come back on what do you think is going to happen on here?

Think people will be booted, links deleted, etc?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 01:47:53 AM »

My opinion is that this is one HUGE marketing ploy by Axl and his management. I think the leaks are intentional given the fact that  he has recently made appearances in the Tri-State area.  You really have to question why are the leaks happening now. There has to be a reason. If the leaks are not intentional then I think this will force Axl to release the album FINALLY! I don't think any message boards should be shut down as a result. Things happen. Now  this  whole thing is in Axl's court. 

If it were one or two, I would agree with you.

But today I learned for real how extensive these leaks are.

We are talking about TWO cds of material-ten songs on each. Probably all of C.D. and most of the follow up. This isn't Axl. And definately not the label lest they have designs to cut their own Achilles.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 01:49:52 AM »

Well, then maybe Axl needs to take better security precautions. This was inevitable, so I just don't see the point of people getting their panties all in a twist over it.

If people don't want to hear the leaks don't download them. They aren't going to play them all over the radio, so you don't have to hear them unless you actively seek them out. That way the day the album is released you will be hearing the material for the first time and have the orgasm you have all envisioned.

On the flip side, there are some of us who would like to hear the stuff now. Which really isn't a problem because me or anyone else listening to the leaks doesn't impact those who don't want to hear them.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 01:52:26 AM »

Well, then maybe Axl needs to take better security precautions. This was inevitable, so I just don't see the point of people getting their panties all in a twist over it.

If people don't want to hear the leaks don't download them. They aren't going to play them all over the radio, so you don't have to hear them unless you actively seek them out. That way the day the album is released you will be hearing the material for the first time and have the orgasm you have all envisioned.

On the flip side, there are some of us who would like to hear the stuff now. Which really isn't a problem because me or anyone else listening to the leaks doesn't impact those who don't want to hear them.

Oh yeah becasue they didnt play IRS, better and TWAT all over the radio did they?  Roll Eyes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 01:53:35 AM »

My opinion is that this is one HUGE marketing ploy by Axl and his management. I think the leaks are intentional given the fact that  he has recently made appearances in the Tri-State area.  You really have to question why are the leaks happening now. There has to be a reason. If the leaks are not intentional then I think this will force Axl to release the album FINALLY! I don't think any message boards should be shut down as a result. Things happen. Now  this  whole thing is in Axl's court. 

We are talking about TWO cds of material-ten songs on each. Probably all of C.D. and most of the follow up. This isn't Axl. And definately not the label lest they have designs to cut their own Achilles.

I don't know what your source is, but if this is true, then it's the CDs Axl played at the nightclub a couple weeks back, in which case the blame for the leaks falls squarely on his shoulders.  But that's only if what you're saying is accurate
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 01:54:25 AM »

You're not kidding. This album needs a release date FAST. Like an announcement monday. If not, we will likely have both of those albums on our computers before Rio.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 01:56:40 AM »

You're not kidding. This album needs a release date FAST. Like an announcement monday. If not, we will likely have both of those albums on our computers before Rio.

This sort of thing has happened to 50 cent and Eminem in the past, and they responded by moving up the release date to do damage control.

That is what normal artists do when confronted with this sort of problem.

GNR will most likely whine and stew about it instead of taking proactive measures to minimize the damage and maximize the hype.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 01:58:18 AM »

I don't know what your source is, but if this is true, then it's the CDs Axl played at the nightclub a couple weeks back, in which case the blame for the leaks falls squarely on his shoulders.  But that's only if what you're saying is accurate

NO this is apparently from his visit to Crazy Horse Too from what i've heard.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 02:00:22 AM »

You dont seem to understand. If this stuff gets out its only going to turn out bad for everyone. I really really think it will Drive Axl back underground again.  Sad
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 02:00:52 AM »

NO this is apparently from his visit to Crazy Horse Too from what i've heard.

That was in 2003, right?  Good point, I actually didn't think about that, but that's much more likely.  Because if it were from last week the songs would probably be more polished.  But all the same, if that's where it came from the blame falls squarely on Axl
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2006, 02:01:04 AM »

This sort of thing has happened to 50 cent and Eminem in the past, and they responded by moving up the release date to do damage control.

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, these albums were already finished with release dates and the finished product leaked close to the release dates. They moved the release dates so the illegal downloads wouldn't hurt sales.

This is a different situation because it is demos that are leaking and CD is unfinished.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2006, 02:03:16 AM »

Who leaked it to the fans though?

What do you expect a group of people to do that come to the internet everyday looking for news? Not listen? Only listen to some?

I don't agree or disagree, but I'm asking you to be realistic here bro.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2006, 02:03:22 AM »

You dont seem to understand. If this stuff gets out its only going to turn out bad for everyone. I really really think it will Drive Axl back underground again.  Sad

I hope that's not the case.  But if what killingvector has heard is accurate, Axl has no one to blame but himself for this.  It's not like the DJ in a strip club won't have the means to copy the CDs, especially if there were two of them, he could copy one while playing the other without anyone even noticing
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2006, 02:06:04 AM »

You dont seem to understand. If this stuff gets out its only going to turn out bad for everyone. I really really think it will Drive Axl back underground again.

Axl is so fickle that the wind blowing the wrong way could drive him back underground again. All the more reason we should get whatever we can right now to insure ourselves of hearing something in case he has another breakdown like he did in decemeber of 02 and doesn't come out for another couple of years. We all thought we were really close then, and no one would have believed it would be almost another 3.5 years with nothing new. So downloading some demos now is about the best way we have had to hear anything.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2006, 02:08:40 AM »

How much more work can possibly be done on the album?  The band hasn't even made new recordings since 2004, this has been confirmed by both Dizzy and Tommy, so the actual music's been done for quite some time.  It seems like they should be pretty damn close to finishing the album, if it hasn't been finished already
breakonthrough
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2006, 02:11:26 AM »

Listening to the demos is like taking a Picasso painting in the middle of Picasso painting it and putting it in a gallery. It looks like nothing but a half finished peice with little to no real meaning. Axl could have changed the entire song from that demo.

Also, what kind of idiot would bring a CD full of DEMOS to a club? A perfectionist like Axl.. if his shit was done, he would have taken a full mix and it wouldn't sound like this so it can't be that DJ leaking it.
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2006, 02:12:35 AM »

I never seen a whinier fanbase. ?Leaks happen all of the time and fans of other bands embrace them because they just want to hear music but GNR fans just whine. ?Roll Eyes

yea there wasn't all this fuss about VR's contraband when more than half of the album was played on a radiostation before teh release
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: