Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  THE GNR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD COMMUNITY SHOULD SHUT DOWN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE GNR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD COMMUNITY SHOULD SHUT DOWN  (Read 19186 times)
gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 02:13:03 AM »

I think they have been working on photo touch ups for the inner sleeve.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 02:13:22 AM »

? It seems like they should be pretty damn close to finishing the album, if it hasn't been finished already
Its irrelevant now whether it is finished or not. Its coming out one way or the other. The only question that remains is if Axl and Merck want to make any money off of it.

benchiefjr
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 02:14:53 AM »

You dont seem to understand. If this stuff gets out its only going to turn out bad for everyone. I really really think it will Drive Axl back underground again.  Sad
I feel your pain... no
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 02:15:18 AM »

It seems like they should be pretty damn close to finishing the album, if it hasn't been finished already
Its irrelevant now whether it is finished or not. Its coming out one way or the other. The only question that remains is if Axl and Merck want to make any money off of it.

That's what I'm getting at.  It can't be that far from finished anyway, just release the thing and capitalize off the hype.  I'm still wondering where Slash got strong enough word that it was coming out next month to mention it on two different occasions, after claiming he knew nothing about the album up until now
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 02:19:19 AM »

^mtual friends/contacts in the business, from Geffen?  I mean, i'm sure he still knows people that are in the know
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 02:22:21 AM »

? It seems like they should be pretty damn close to finishing the album, if it hasn't been finished already

That's what I'm getting at.? It can't be that far from finished anyway, just release the thing and capitalize off the hype.? I'm still wondering where Slash got strong enough word that it was coming out next month to mention it on two different occasions, after claiming he knew nothing about the album up until now
Maybe Slash got word that a couple of cds are now in circulation, and knew an obvious response by Axl/Merck would be a quick release date for CD, so he said March. But with the way the GNR machine works, we'll be rocking out to the trilogy while Axl is still doing finishing touches on the first album.

gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 02:24:15 AM »

Did VR leak?
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 02:24:39 AM »

That's what I'm getting at.? It can't be that far from finished anyway, just release the thing and capitalize off the hype.? I'm still wondering where Slash got strong enough word that it was coming out next month to mention it on two different occasions, after claiming he knew nothing about the album up until now
Maybe Slash got word that a couple of cds are now in circulation, and knew an obvious response by Axl/Merck would be a quick release date for CD, so he said March. But with the way the GNR machine works, we'll be rocking out to the trilogy while Axl is still doing finishing touches on the first album.

second consective great post in less than a minte....go to the beadheading one rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2006, 02:25:02 AM »

Did VR leak?

yea i heard contraband leaked, you better hurry though before the mods delete it
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2006, 02:26:27 AM »

Did VR leak?

I heard their new song with Pharrell is out there, but people are still trying to make trades so they won't leak it yet  ok
gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2006, 02:27:42 AM »

I was talking about before contraband was released.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2006, 02:28:23 AM »

Yeah, it got leaked.  I don't remember how long before the release, I don't think it was too long
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2006, 02:31:29 AM »

my 2 cents:

try actually looking around the net on other forums, non-gnr enen, look on various different trackers and shit, that are not just gnr based, from what I have heard some of the leaks are even making it onto Kazaa and Napster and shit like that, it's just going to be leaked, there is no stop to it.

obviously the leakers don't give a shit and are going to leak the songs, they haven't gotten into big shit other than a little slap on the wrist saying "oh please don't post links to the leaks on the forums" but honestly will that stop them from leaking shit, no...

imo the leaks prolly came from management somehow, as in one guy took it home, shared it with a friend, and that friend shares it with a few and soon enough it gets around and eventually someone takes the leap and puts it on the net, I mean what they hell do they have to loose, they got it 500 times down the line and the worst that will happen is what has happened with Merch saying nothing more than a request to not leak them

even if GNR forums are shut down for a week or so, the shit is still going to be released, so let them release the shit, it is going to be anyway as they are already doing it

yeah, Merch has requested for the leaks not to be posted on the forums, but seriously is that going to stop someone from posting the leaks everywhere the leakers want to, admit it, the admins of all the forums are not going to be able to stop it, yeah they can be here 24/7 and delete threads as soon as they are made, but sooner or later 1 other person will get the leak, then they send it to a few who are looking for it, then a few more and then a few more, and soon enough pretty much everyone that is interested in the shit has it and is listening to it.

my view, you dont want anything to do with the leaks, don;t read anything about them or download the damn things and shit, it is as simple as either ignoring it when you are here or on any other gnr forum, or simply get off the damn net and go watch a damn movie or something

I will admit I am downloading these leaks and am very much enjoying them, I see nothing wrong with it as the shit is gonna happen one way or another and this is one hell of a hyped and very anticipated album, everyone wants to hear what the hype is about. on another point, who the hell really knows if the album will ever come out, honestly. As much as from shit I have heard for the longest time that Spring '06 is the time, who truely knows for sure. On another note, imo these demos are prolly rough demos from back in '02 when buckethead was in the band, and from shit I have heard the album has pretty much been completely re-done since then, which could either mean these songs were are listening to were completely remixed and sound a lot different or even that these songs are not even going to be on the new album. who really knows with all this shit, come on this is Axl we are all talking about.

pretty much my whole point, you don't want to hear this shit, dont read the threads dont download it, it is pretty simple, if you think otherwise, create your own free forum and have others who don;t want to hear the leaks join up and you can talk about all the shit you want to and not have to worry about all of us bad people who want to hear what the album might hold for us

as for those who are enjoying the leaks, nothing really to say, we all know we want to hear the shit so we are gonna download it and talk about it.

and with that, let the bashing continue Smiley

Briggsy

PS, for those really interested in a very well thought out theory on a bunch of recent shit and a little bit of past shit check out my forum, BriggsyGNR, and look for the 'Briggsy Bros Theory' more or less for a good laugh at how me and my brother can think into shit too much and make sense out of shit that doesnt make any sense at all Tongue

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2006, 02:32:12 AM »

Yeah, it got leaked.? I don't remember how long before the release, I don't think it was too long

I know MTV or VH1had it on there website for a day or two b4 hand, and i had it on the whole fucking time......and I still bought the CD Shocked Roll Eyes

and saw them 3 times in concert, and above all odds, they showed up every time yes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2006, 02:40:48 AM »

Yeah, it got leaked.  I don't remember how long before the release, I don't think it was too long

I know MTV or VH1had it on there website for a day or two b4 hand, and i had it on the whole fucking time......and I still bought the CD Shocked Roll Eyes

and saw them 3 times in concert, and above all odds, they showed up every time yes

How was the quality of the Contraband leaks compared to these?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 02:42:13 AM »

Yeah, it got leaked.? I don't remember how long before the release, I don't think it was too long

How was the quality of the Contraband leaks compared to these?
Sounded even better than the real thing. hihi

gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 02:43:12 AM »

My point being is that I bought VR the first day it came out and didn't even know it leaked.  I heard the soundtrack stuff before hand but that is it.  The majority of the people buying CD will have only heard the first single that is released and none of these demo leaks.
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2006, 02:44:37 AM »

YEa thats right. Fuck these leaks. Fuk the peopel that are leaking it. No more. W ehave enough to hold us over. Your not cool because you have the tracks. GOod for you your special. Enjoy them on your own. Get the fuk outta here

ALL GNR MESSAGE BOARDS SHOULD SHUT DOWN FOR A WEEK OR 2 UNTIL THERES A PRESS RELEASE.
no need for this nonsense. i want the album the way the band wants me to hear it when they want me to hear it....shut them down if it gets out of control

Axl is the one doing this, why would we deny him of this?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2006, 02:55:08 AM »

Axl is the one doing this, why would we deny him of this?
Axl is NOT the one doing this. If he were, there wouldnt be all these "summits" going on through the PM systems of the forums.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2006, 02:55:45 AM »

In response to Briggsy's post, I just wanted to add that on my end, I happen to be a fan of all things Bucket....If these demos happen to be the only documents I ever have of his contribution to GNR, well then I'd prefer to have them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: