Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31548 times)
Olorin
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 08:16:02 AM »

There is nothing fucking wrong with that article.
So someone wasnt keen on the new songs - boo fucking hoo!!

Does that mean axls whole world will come crashing down because someone didnt really like the songs and the gnr community wont chastise them for giving their honest opinion?

There will be a hell of a lot more savage articles in times to come.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »

Fact of the matter i sthe article was spot on.  The only thing left out is that they are unfinished.  Axl should just send an email to them stating the songs are unfinished.  Why are we getting involved.

I'll tell you what, if Axl tells me when the album will be released, I'll send an email to the Herald.  This needs to be give and take.   hihi
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 08:22:05 AM »

Just mailed them now,  yes  give them a earfull.

Bow!
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 08:22:18 AM »

I have every right, it is my opinion. It doesn't refer to everyone, but I am disappointed with alot of peopel

We are disappointed as well that you don't respond to our questions. You should know already we would gladly defend the band. Do you think I would update my site almost every day and invest so much of my time for more than 6 years if I didn't feel like supporting the band?

I just think there's something wrong in this picture.

Management defend the band and defend Axl, that is what they do. However, if Axl isn't wanting to do or say anything publicly then they are limited as to what they can say and do.

I've tried to bridge a gap but it's hard when you guys keep criticising everything

We all want something more official. We still waiting,and waiting and waiting.
We can support the band,and especially Axl and i think most of us would do that,but we are now
tired of waiting. I know if Axl wan't do this then managment can't tell or make anything so i know
that is a hard situation to the managment,to the band and to us. We all know,that leaks were demos,
and we like them as we know that album versions of this songs are better.But some stupid journalist don't know
that and they can say that Axl play music for kids. We shall support band and we do this,as much,as we can.But we are just tired of waiting,and waiting.Axl sang :All we need is just a little patience" We Gn'r fans have patience,but we can't wait until the world end. Please bring us something more official. Some of us think's that Axl and managment don't care about us,so why we shall care about Gn'r,or managment?
I send my opinion to this journal soon. We wait still...

Sorry for my bad english
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 08:30:12 AM »

The problem is lack of any official news.
I agree that the Boston article is not the most well written article, there based on demo's vs well known songs.
sooner or later this was going to happen, people make up their mind based on what we've got, and what we've got is demo's from a couple of years back and nothing else.
A little bit of official news would help.

Mysteron, don't take it personally, people are a bit irritated, can't blame them after all those years.
We (atleast I) appreciate your postings here  ok

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
madagas
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 08:34:13 AM »

I appreciate you to Mysty... beer Still feel the only way to shut up the bastards is to release a kick ass single and album. Proof is in the pudding. hihi
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 08:39:48 AM »

Tell management it's time to start playing ball, respect and allegiance is earned both ways.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 08:42:47 AM »

Proof is in the pudding. hihi
I like pudding that leaks from the plastic container. hihi

How can they release a 'kick ass single and album' when they're too busy playing games? They should be 'wrapping this baby up' instead of worrying about what one reporter says.

zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2006, 08:48:09 AM »

I just sent a email to Boston Herald and i think we can all do this for support Gn'r.If you don't want do this ok.I just sent it. I have faith that Gn'r make annocement soon and i be waiting... I don't know how long,but i trust in Gn'r i trust in Axl so i can wait.I know that everything what Axl doin is good,so i have patience. And i don't want to more leaks,i don't hear them now.I wait  to release CHD.All i know we should support the band,even that we feel,that managment,or band don't care about as.I have hope they working very hard to make our lovely band big once again in these hard times.I just wait.An i'll be waiting. Sorry again about my  weak english writing.I have hope you can understand me.
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2006, 09:06:33 AM »

If some of us don't send it to radiostations then they must expect that radiostations and journals would make noise about that. We know that these songs are old demos,but if some person hear that in radio he can think :It sucks. Journalist and radiostations don't talking that these songs are unfinished demos.People can hear that and says:That is a new Gn'r? I don't like that, and  when they read in some journals that these songs are weak(journalist usually don't tell they hear just demos) when  Chinese Demokracy would be released some people don't buy that,because they would be still thinkin' that they previously hear album versions. So please if another leak would to come as much as you love Gn'r i beg you don't send it to journals and radiostations. Leave them to us fans.Or better don't make leaks more,just wait.

Some of us have questions to Mysteron:Why we should defend Gn'r if the Gn'r don't care about us. I'll tell you.Sooner or later band would care about us.Now some of us who send these leaks to radiostations or journals must take responsibility for for that think,if they would never sent it to radiostations journalist never can't make opinion that the song are weak,or boring.That's your responsibility fans and i think we all should defend the band. If you don't wan't don't do this.  Dont ask what Gn'r can make to you,ask what you can make for Gn'r:)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:22:45 AM by zqyx79 » Logged
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2006, 09:15:19 AM »

End of the day this is a music album thats all, anyone would think it was the first album ever to be released, its been done before the beatles, stones , queen and the list goes on, you make the music and release it, im not emailing some paper to tell them there wrong, release the album first and prove them wrong axl.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2006, 09:43:31 AM »

bad press is better than no press at all.

i'm not angry at all with someone expressing their opinion about what they've heard.

just like i wasn't angry when all the DJ's PRAISED the songs, or when kurt loder PRAISED madagascar after RIR.

so good or bad, i'm happy to see someone take time to write/talk about what's been going on.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2006, 09:53:41 AM »

I, for one, didn't criticize. I was just questioning. You/ they have to understand us too: we would gladly defend the new tracks if they want us too (well for those of us who like them), but we just think it's weird to ask us to do that a week after asking us to remove all links and forget about these tracks. I will contact this newspaper though, to tell them it's not really fair to judge a demo.

I do hope there won't be more full leaks though.

preach on, brother will!

Sanctuary and all those affiliated:

Look, it's all simple really. Give the release date and you will see a swing both in terms of the willingness for people to share leaked demos and and to defend the band to the press. give us something tangible. dont treat us like children-telling us 'no you cant listen to this' and then tell us to do our chores and call the press to defend the very leaks you say we oughtnt download!!!

I think you guys have a bigger crisis coming if there are more leaks out there, might be nice to have the fans on your side.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:02:26 AM by NickNasty06: Vengeance » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »

GN'R have taken offence at a recent article by the Boston Herald criticising the songs that were recently leaked. Considering they were unfinished products, their article was a little harsh.

no offense dude. i respect you and all of that... but what a bunch of fucking cry babies. you included on this one.

ok so somebody in the press gives a band a bad review. now the band is like "that hurts our feelings... c'mon fans, let them know they are wrong and will pay for this". are you fucking kidding me??!!?? shit happens dude. not everyone will like it, and not everyone understands these are just demos. axl and his staff of pussy management need to set the fucking record straight and release the fucking album. this is the only way to stop all the petty bullshit.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »

The problem is lack of any official news.
I agree that the Boston article is not the most well written article, there based on demo's vs well known songs.
sooner or later this was going to happen, people make up their mind based on what we've got, and what we've got is demo's from a couple of years back and nothing else.
A little bit of official news would help.

Mysteron, don't take it personally, people are a bit irritated, can't blame them after all those years.
We (atleast I) appreciate your postings here? ok

I'm not taking it personally, don't worry  hihi.

People are misunderstanding what I said and that is probably my fault. 

It doesn't matter though  beer
sandman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 10:11:09 AM »

i took mysteron's original post to mean GnR are upset that someone is reviewing DEMOs, without mentioning the fact that they are NOT finished tracks. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 10:12:04 AM »

stop being bitches and write in.   Axl gets dicked by the press all the time for no reason.  I wrote in.  Axl's also getting dicked by these leaks.  Give the guy a fuckin break.  Support him.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2006, 10:12:44 AM »

It doesn't matter though? beer
Then why post it?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2006, 10:23:35 AM »

I emailed the editor,

Quote from: me
I am writing in response to the article "Guns N? Roses fires early-warning shot" By Christopher Blagg. It was brought to my attention online in the GnR community and would like to say that I'm not too happy with it.

While Christopher Blagg is entitled to his opinion, I don't think it's really called for to state it out for everyone to see, I though as media you were supposed to remain impartial? Furthermore, Christopher failed to mention that the Guns N Roses songs he heard were rough, unmastered demos with a Drum machine to keep time.

WAAF's Ron Valeri's comments point to something positive for GnR, but the writer brings it down saying that as far as he's concerned, Axl is washed up and the songs are garbage.

Please, in the Future, try to keep your opinions to yourselves and let the fans decide what's good and what's not.

Thankyou,
An Online reader

anythinggoes
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2006, 10:28:38 AM »

GN'R have taken offence at a recent article by the Boston Herald criticising the songs that were recently leaked. Considering they were unfinished products, their article was a little harsh.

Alot of you seemed to have enjoyed the recent songs (even though no-one should have really heard them in the first place? hihi). You have given opinions but at the same time said that you will not judge them completely until the final versions are released.

If you want to express an opinion to the Boston Herald, you can email them here;

letterstoeditor@bostonherald.com

a bit late here but here we go

Mysteron

what has managemnets response been to the positive feedback from the GNR messageboards and has this been passed on to the band. At the end of the day the band shouldnt care what the ctitics have to say its the fans that will make there own decissions and i believe out of many articles this was one of the few poorer ones. At the end of the day we 95% of us come here because we love Axl, Guns and the music not to be put off by one shitty report. From what we have heard this will be the Abum its hyped up to be. ?peace And thanks again for what you do for this board it is apprieciated
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: