Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:02:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31905 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2006, 03:53:50 PM »

think about this.

There are billions of people in the world.

Great Cd's sell 10 million.....

do the math

no matter how great u are billions of people arent gonna like u.

One reporter not liking them means nothing.

More than likely he listened one time and its been pretty much established that with these complex GNR songs, it takes way more than one listen to fully understand the melodies and the intricacies involved.

U'd have to see what kind of music this guy listens to evaluate that.  opinions mean nothing.

For every person who loves a song there are probably 10,000 who dont.

No song will ever be loved by all so its pointless to even get upset by a bad review.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2006, 04:08:09 PM »

omg this is sorediculous. instead of wasting your time by sueing people for criticizing an unfinished product, please concentrate on getting the finished product out there.. i don't fucking get it.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2006, 04:15:24 PM »

I agree with what SLC is saying. (Side note I got your messages but the thread was already deleted sorry)

The person has a right to think the stuff is shit. I'm a fan but you know what, I ain't obsessed or you know totally offended.

Personally Mysteron you have some nerve, to tell fans to respond to this Boston Globe or what not[/color].

I mean sure you might send messages confirming or not stuff. Like yes Axl Rose and so and so was their at what not but who actually gives a shit about those messages.

If you want your fans to respect the artist they should show some respect back, they will. Instead of posting these vague one liner messages such "as I believe so" or the classic "thats is correct".

Some people here bleed G & R and thats fine. But I have an open mind, sure I would like this album to do good but you know what if Guns N' Roses management is that pathetic that it can't issue a simple statement like numerous other bands do, then well tough out of luck.

They can't give the fans a response, yet you want us to battle some Boston Globes editioral.

I say tough shit.

I have the mentality that this is the Vietnam War, it was a war that shouldn't be fought. If management can give us a statement and Axl can give the fans something he will get something in return. The blind loyalty at all costs is bullshit. Thats when the world and people run into problems. When they trust that so and so no matter what and believe they will do the right thing which is not always the case.

Checks and Balances.

So in conclusion, I find the vague comments to be counterproductive and personally if I actually posted regularly I wouldn't want to read it. You give a false sense of hope to some of these fans when you make some of your questionable responses to them. The band members, should not respond to fans requests as well if they have no idea what is going on, if you don't have a 99.9% accurate answer then don't answer the question or simply state sorry I don't know what is up with the blank, you will know when its announced.

- Jimmy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:20:22 PM by Jimmer Jammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »

Before I'm deemed a sheep, I DO feel it's important the public gets the real story.? I doubt they'll print it, but here's my letter to the editor:

Dear Boston Herald,

? I find it very disappointing that after waiting many, many years to hear new Guns N' Roses music, one of the first things I read in the newspaper is a poorly-written review of leaked demo tracks by Mr. Blagg.? Mr. Blagg didn't explain to the general readership that the leaked demos are just that...LEAKED DEMOS!? Has Mr. Blagg ever heard demo tracks before?? ?We live in a digital age where leaks are inevitable.? All I ask is that your readership be told the full truth about what is being reviewed...illegally played demo tracks on the radio.?
? Can I make a request that Mr. Blagg's articles all be printed straight from his rough-drafts?? No editing.? No spell-check.? Then, PLEASE allow me to review his articles.? Smiley
? One last thing...these new songs are amazing!? Axl Rose has proven himself a great musical artist once again.? Guns N' Roses has truly taken it to the next level.?

Sincerely,
Brian

Nice letter. I hope it rubs them the wrong way. hihi

think about this.

There are billions of people in the world.

Great Cd's sell 10 million.....

do the math

no matter how great u are billions of people arent gonna like u.

For every person who loves a song there are probably 10,000 who dont.

No song will ever be loved by all so its pointless to even get upset by a bad review.

Good point D.? beer

I've never read the Boston Herald and after reading their article on GN'R, I definitely won't ever read it again. I think it's irresponsible and cheap to review an unfinished product, and then tell the world that it's not good enough.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »

Thanks Journey, I do too.   Smiley  Let's review those rough-drafts and brain-storming papers.

D, I hear ya, and I agree 100%. ?But I still think the word demos should be used. ?I don't care if he called the demos steaming dog crap...as long as he called them demos. ?

All will go well. ?Look ahead. ?I'm looking forward to the cover of Rolling Fucking Stone. ?An album release date WILL be announced in the next few days/weeks. ?We are days/weeks away from news that we thought was months/years away. ?That's uplifting to a veteran of this board like me!!! ?Dammit, Axl's just got to get out there! ?CD has to be out before Lisbon. ? ?peace

Axl should bring along Buckethead to the interviews...
REPORTER: ?"Do you really think you can be just as good without Slash?"
AXL: ?"Fuck yeah, what do you want to hear? ?Yo Bucket, give him a taste."
(Buckethead proceeds to play a killer solo."
REPORTER: ?"What can I say, the guy is talented, but it'll be hard to replace..." (he's interrupted by Bucket's guitar)
BUCKET: (plays a couple Slash solos in a row)
AXL: ?"Any more questions?" ?(smiles)

This is going to be a fun year...I just know it! ? ?beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
RichardNixon
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

How many letters do you think the Herald will get?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »

i think one.. from merck, saying: "we will sue you soon"

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2006, 04:57:09 PM »

This whole thing is not going to go anywhere if Axl gets "offended" everytime some jacka$$ music critic disses the new music. Newsflash to the band, management and Axl...

Wow, another strange development in the on-going soap opera, The Guns and the Roses. It isn't really fair to criticize Axl folks, we have no idea if he's even read this article. It is entirely possible that someone from Sanctuary or the management team mentioned to Mysteron that they don't like that article, he mentioned it here, yada yada yada.

That being said, I still fail to see exactly what the point of this is. Other than not mentioning these are demos, that article really wasn't that bad. But whatever.

Can I make a request that Mr. Blagg's articles all be printed straight from his rough-drafts?? No editing.? No spell-check.? Then, PLEASE allow me to review his articles.

Now that's good stuff!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2006, 05:06:46 PM »

Axl could silence all his harsh critics not by releasing the CD, but by releasing an amazing single and press release. He doesn't need us.

I'm not saying anything but what if the cd isn't finished..did that cross your mind?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2006, 05:08:25 PM »

I'm not saying anything but what if the cd isn't finished..did that cross your mind?

It probably isn't. I'm saying it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »

Can I make a request that Mr. Blagg's articles all be printed straight from his rough-drafts?  No editing.  No spell-check.  Then, PLEASE allow me to review his articles.  Smiley

Dude, seriously.

That's quality.  Grin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »

Personally Mysteron you have some nerve, to tell fans to respond to this Boston Globe or what not[/color].

we have got much good info from mysteron in the past years. Sure it's been frustrating time in the gnr world, no doubt about that but starting to give lines like the red one above is a thing that I don't understand. what was the time when mysteron started to be the bad cop here...?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2006, 05:20:22 PM »

Really though, why would FANS want to bother defending something they are not allowed to hear, and to a lesser degree, not allowed to talk about?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2006, 05:22:20 PM »

I never miss the opportunity to correct a person who insists on baselessly criticizing the new gnr, underestimating the quality of their work with unreasonable expectation. 

It is my pleasure to write back.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

I'm willing to bet if the author had praised the demo's & said they will more than likely end hunger & bring about world peace you all would be saying what a good man he is. Instead it's all, but they're not finished, they're only demo's. GNR should change their name to Lame Excuses & Roses.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2006, 05:28:17 PM »

Instead it's all, but they're not finished, they're only demo's.

But of course. That's the sheild that a demo can offer.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »

I'm willing to bet if the author had praised the demo's & said they will more than likely end hunger & bring about world peace you all would be saying what a good man he is. Instead it's all, but they're not finished, they're only demo's. GNR should change their name to Lame Excuses & Roses.

Okay, I'll get Axl to do that, but only if you change yours to Rubbish Jokes.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »

Mysteron, could you do us a favor, and help out Axl at the same? Can you just let Merck know how much we like the new songs that leaked. And have him tell Axl that. Thats all that really matters. Just let him know how we are really excited to be so close to having the album, how we are excited about the new shows, and how we are really digging the new songs, and how what one piece of shit at the Boston Herald doesnt matter. We the fans matter, and we are digging the new songs, and thats all that matters. We cant wait for the final product.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2006, 07:04:35 PM »

we have got much good info from mysteron in the past years. Sure it's been frustrating time in the gnr world, no doubt about that but starting to give lines like the red one above is a thing that I don't understand. what was the time when mysteron started to be the bad cop here...?

we have?

Yeah that street team thing he started 3 years ago really panned out. Roll Eyes

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2006, 08:21:51 PM »

I dont think it's fair to bash mysteron, if you wanna email the paper then do so, if not then dont . I personally dont think the guy has much more pull then the rest off us, but he has some sort of contact and for now that willl do for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: