Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:11:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31746 times)
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »

you know, at least gnr gets some publicity. who cares if it's good or bad publicity.

that's just childish

Exactly.  There is no bad publicity, and the best publicity is free publicity.

I for one, will write the Boston Herald a letter...as soon as I see Chinese Democracy sitting in my local record shop.  I'm starting to lose all hope of it coming out this year, even.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »

HellRevisited I beg to differ.  It's not about modern or not, which the writer doesn't get.

sandman, No one is criticizing anyone for giving their opinion here. Angry

Are you telling us to shut up while a heckwriter can say anything?

The world where 95% or more people say only one thing would be boring enough.

That's why we better voice our opinions too, when and where necessary.  And not only in the fan board.

Democracy encourages dissent.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:07:28 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2006, 11:39:55 AM »

This is hilarious.
A legendary rock band gets mildly criticized for "demos" that were played on radio, and this rock band can't handle the criticism and needs it's fanbase to defend them?
Please.....if their going to be sensitive to every review and criticism they get from a journalist, then they should either stop reading their own press, or find a different job.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »

Having read everyone's responses I want to clarify my original post.

Merck sent me an email asking me to rally the GN'R supporters against a paper / article that was being unfairly negative and he felt GN"R fans might want to do something about it. It was no big deal and it had nothing to do with Axl or the rest of the band.

If I made it seem like it was some official big deal I am sorry but I must say I am surprised that you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »

All we want to hear is an announcment, nothing else.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Origen
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2006, 12:14:15 PM »

Merck sent me an email asking me to rally the GN'R supporters against a paper / article that was being unfairly negative and he felt GN"R fans might want to do something about it. It was no big deal and it had nothing to do with Axl or the rest of the band.

If I made it seem like it was some official big deal I am sorry but I must say I am surprised that you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.

How is the paper biased.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »

why isn`t merck/ axl just making an announcement?

by the way, i don?t care about this boston herald thing.... but i think it`s stupid to complain about mysteron because of this... 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2006, 01:03:06 PM »

I think I speak for the majority of Guns fans when I say this...

We'll rally behind an album and a tour.  We'll rally behind the band when they give us something to support.  The last Guns album was released in what - '93??  This band hasnt shown us anything to rally behind.

You can only patiently wait so long before you get fed up.  Alot of us are getting to that point.

Perhaps you should let Merck know that, or I'd be more than happy to do it myself.

Dittohead213@gmail.com

-jay.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2006, 01:23:36 PM »

^^ I think that's one of the best posts I've read

there hasn't been original material in 15 years to get excited about
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2006, 01:29:31 PM »

you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.
That is the most moronic thing you have ever said.

How many times does this guy have to insult our intelligence before what he says is deemed worthless?

WARose
Legend

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »

you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.
That is the most moronic thing you have ever said.

How many times does this guy have to insult our intelligence before what he says is deemed worthless?

what he says isn`t worthless actually. he IS in contect with merck and shot down many rumours....   it`s not his decision which information we get or not at all ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2006, 01:33:54 PM »

I think I speak for the majority of Guns fans when I say this...

We'll rally behind an album and a tour.  We'll rally behind the band when they give us something to support.  The last Guns album was released in what - '93??  This band hasnt shown us anything to rally behind.

You can only patiently wait so long before you get fed up.  Alot of us are getting to that point.

Perhaps you should let Merck know that, or I'd be more than happy to do it myself.

Dittohead213@gmail.com

-jay.

Perfect.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »

firstly, it was a mistake to say "GnR took offense". that implies it was the bandmembers. but now it sounds like you're saying that isn't the case? so that was misleading?

secondly, it was a mistake to say this paper is "biased against" GnR. there is NO BIAS...the guy gave his fucking OPINION.

thirdly, how UN-rock n roll is it to worry about what some douche-bag newspaper writer has to say anyway! he doesn't like the songs - so what! here's a newsflash....alot of people don't like the songs.

fourthly, i'm writing this guy to THANK HIM for reviewing the demos. cause i appreciate anyone taking the time to give GnR free press.

and finally, the guy went out of his way to say the public's reaction is POSITIVE!!!! so anyone reading this story has two opinions to consider - ONE from a writer, and SEVERAL from the general public. which is more important??

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »

what he says isn`t worthless actually. he IS in contect with merck and shot down many rumours....? ?it`s not his decision which information we get or not at all ok
What has he told us thats credible? Seriously, I would like to know. Have you ever read any parts of his post history? It consists of woulda coulda shoulda's with vague shit spread in between. And to top it off, he's now claiming that WE, loyal fans through all these years, are "attacking the band we're supposed to love".

Merck needs a new lapdog.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2006, 01:52:49 PM »

what he says isn`t worthless actually. he IS in contect with merck and shot down many rumours....   it`s not his decision which information we get or not at all ok
What has he told us thats credible? Seriously, I would like to know. Have you ever read any parts of his post history? It consists of woulda coulda shoulda's with vague shit spread in between. And to top it off, he's now claiming that WE, loyal fans through all these years, are "attacking the band we're supposed to love".

Merck needs a new lapdog.

no, i don?t read people`s posting history actually.....

but from what i can say he`s credible... the only post of him that was proven wrong since i`m visiting this board, was when buckethead left and he said he was still in the band... but i guess that wasn`t his fault, but management`s.  if mysteron was indeed a bullshitter, jarmo would`ve put an end on his bullshitting a long time ago....

but i agree, it`s lame from the management to ask us to respond to this article. give us an announcement/statement/comment/whatever instead of playing a game with all the fans that are supporting gnr for that long.... i know that everything is axl`s decision, but giving fuckin`puzzle responses isn?t that noble either....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:02:18 PM by WARose » Logged

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2006, 01:53:54 PM »

it took 7 pages for Mysteron to finally answer the question whether or not Axl / Guns N' roses was really offended by the article...........Ofcourse axl or other members aren't crying over such a worthless article......ofcourse they are not upset........no.... 7 pages later........we find out that Merck didn't quite liked the article and thought it was a little harsh......well....I pretty much figured out that the article contained shitty journalism myself...... It's not even worth sending a reply too....Like someone else already said "there are much greater battles to be fought" wouldn't we all agree...........wrong timing mysteron......wrong wording......wrong out of place comments....

and we are not attacking the band.....never....we did question your original / initial post.....Cause it didn't quite make sense at all........... you took 7 pages to confirm us answers to the questions raised after your post......

...don't question our intelligence......you made a wrong call to ask us this....not on the subject.....but on the way how you asked us.....not a big deal...but you? could've cleared the path in your first post......now there's misunderstanding......aint that cute?

other then that there's nothing but love for Guns N' Roses and every fan on this board.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:00:36 PM by Mr. Moodswing (Dont Try Me) » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »

I too am surprised with the reaction--in light of the well documented bias against the band found in that newspaper (which is part of one of the largest worldwide media/print conglomerate). ?GNR rocked Boston in 2002, and that same critic panned the show. ?I think he slipped up, printing the wrong sequence of the set-list, and was exposed for possibly writing a canned negative story when he was only at half of the show.

Regarding some of the reactions here, the bad attitude comes from a select few, who seem to think that now that they have a leak, they have some sort of bargaining chip with the band. ?It's a weird, new 21st century, where kid's on message boards' ego's run unchecked, and their ego's take on tone's of hubristic mania. ?Strange Day's indeed! ?I think some of you guy's need to take it down a notch, and look inward for ten minutes a day away from the computer, t.v., etc. ?

It is not only a good excercise in many avenues of life, to voice one's opinion, but also to police the press. ?I think that in this instance, it was a very simple note, to ensure that the writer know's people are paying attention to what he is writing. ?This will ensure that he stay's on his toes in the future, and is accurate in his assessment. ?For instance, it should be noted, that this writer seemed fairly unfamiliar with the leaks--I don't know if he heard them, or just assumed it was the song Chinese Democracy he heard four years ago, and made up a quick quote for the article ? ?He may have PM'd another self absorbed rock critic--who as a rule of thumb hate's anything to do with band's who sell more than 100,000 album's--and was told that the music was forgettable and then, justified in his hatred of the band, reported that the song's were "forgettable." ? Moroever, I have a feeling that mgt. also want's to ensure that this critic does not pan the album when it comes out without a listen--which tell's me that GNR is very confident in the material, and know that if listened to with open ear's, it will be tough to write it off as "forgettable." ?It really seems to me, that making the paper issue a correction, noting the song's were unfinished demo's was the main reason we were asked to write in. ?I think it was a good idea, and was happy to help out, at the same time, I was stunned/frightened by the megalomania shown by some. ?Write in and ask for a correction, noting the song's are demo's, at least.

http://www.thecobrasnake.com/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:19:32 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2006, 01:58:43 PM »

I think this idea came from Axl not Merck. Axl supposedly hates bad reveiws.
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »

jamesloften what is your problem?Huh
all mysteron was asking us to do was to defend our band are u a fan or not???
the problem with the arcticle was that he didnt say they were demo's.
i for one have appreciated the info that mysteron has gave us over the years.mybe he should pass on no info is that what u want???
we will find out whats happening soon enough hell we've waited this long,it amazes me we get free demos of a few songs and now all of a sudden people are pissed because they want more.....GROW UP.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2006, 02:02:29 PM »

a bully at home, a coward outside.... Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: