Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ONE BIG NEGATIVE-WHERES THE ROCK???  (Read 13827 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 12:23:23 AM »

The song as a whole is DEFINITELY lacking the AFD/UYI attitude
Is it lacking or is it not supposed to be that?

If your looking to hear an AFD feel from this band and album...guess what...your DEFINITELY NOT GONNA GET IT...get it? That snot what this band is about or wanting to do. Case Closed

As for the Illusions... The Blues, IRS, and TWAT are Illusionesque as your gonnan get. So in reality so far we have 3 songs out of 6 that are gonna appear ont he album can be classified as old Gnr type songs. Then you have stuff like Madagascar,Cd and Better for a more modern and new direction feel. And as a fan of this band. Its exactely what I want from this album. I want a little mix of both. I want some songs that are new and fresh and soemthing I wouldnt expect from GNr and I also want the classic ballad/Illusion rocker....

Until you and any other person out there realizes that we are not gonna hear an all out simple AFD slezy rock song with that kind of vibe I guess youll never get over it...

what you will get is a new gnr type rock song. Might sound like somrthing old gnr might never do but will have the same spirit and intentions of any old sleazy gnr song...This band is gonna make music the way they want to...whether you agree or like it or not...if you cant accept that theres always another band...

and thats always been the gnr way...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 12:30:45 AM »

Axl has aged. His sense of self expression through music is different than it was when they wrote 'Appetite'. He's an aged, somber, more mature artist, not a starving, alcoholic, ?rock'n'roll rageaholic like he was back then. You have to move with the times. I don't think Axl, at this point in time, with this group of people, is interested in recording "Anything Goes" or "Pretty Tied Up" again (not that those aren't great songs). That's why he's said that people will say some of this doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »

IRS rocks hard, so does the second half of Better, so does Chinese Democracy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 01:08:23 AM »

This reminds of the stupid fuckers who bitched and fucking moaned that there wasn't enough Suited Vader in Revenge of the Sith. There were 3 fucking movies already with him if thats all you want to see.

I already have Appetite and Appetite music if thats what I want to hear. Now...I just want more of this new shit...which is so very fucking satisfying.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 01:10:23 AM »

I think Axl is past the stage in his life where we are going to get stuff like "It's so easy", "nightrain", "paradise city", etc.... he has evolved over the years. Also, it seems he wants to let us into his soul on some of these new tracks, and I don't think a lot of hard rock would co-incide with the lyrics. Although during "better" when the lyrics get more aggressive, the music also turns more agressive and it is almost perfect when that happens. It is my guess the transition will be more smoother on the finished product.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 01:14:12 AM »

This is most certainly going to be a soul-bearing album.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 02:51:32 AM »

I think axl's songs have their moments, especially the seconds part of better but I also believe there is that rocker vibe missing.. I have a feeling CD will be a lot of ballads in the november rain estranged type of way ( not saying as long or good)

Well the band did break up a good deal because of musical difference at that time so maybe this was part of the reason..

But it's definetly not like afd where song after song blew the doors off the place
SLCPUNK
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 03:08:59 AM »

Don't expect a rocker.

That thing (AFD) happened when it happened: Young, broke, angry, boozed up, on the street. It is a one time deal that kicked ass and changed rock n roll history.

Is anybody here the same they were 2,5,10,15 years ago? If you said yea, then you aren't doing too well. I am light years away from who I was 18 yrs ago, and  I'm sure Axl is too. One thing is for sure in life: Change. It will change, and so will you.

The music is almost ready to drop I think. I also think if anybody is holding their breath for some AFD part II, they will be holding it for a while. It ain't gonna happen.

The leaks I have heard have gotten me excited again, and I think there is going to be some great music. It may not be for all of us. If you don't like it, you can always keep listening to the old stuff, it holds up pretty darn well.

badapple81
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 03:18:11 AM »

SLC.. said perfectly!  ok
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:34 AM »

This thread should be in the Dead Horse section...

Good fuckin GOD. Go buy contraband or the new L.A guns if you want that kind of Rock, cause Axl is NOT doing that Recycled genre anymore, and THANK GOD !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2006, 05:25:47 AM »

Good fuckin GOD. Go buy contraband or the new L.A guns if you want that kind of Rock, cause Axl is NOT doing that Recycled genre anymore, and THANK GOD !

why do people act like axl rose is the only man that does anything new?  Gnr's influences were older bands like aerosmith so does that make afd recycled rock.. Putting sound effects into the music or keyboards or piano or whatever else isn't anything new or inovative.. it's all been done before.. Anyways if axl had done a afdish type album you'd all be loving it  anyways so no sence of even debating what way he goes..

What's fair is fair whatever type of record axl put out the gnr internet community would love it.. yes

I guess ac/dc is just some crappy ban dthen that doesn't want to change.. yet their fan following and constant radio played songs are huge..

it's really amazing how everyone puts axl rose on top of eevryone else like he's the only one with an idea of what is right.. he makes great music, but others do too, it may not be what axl is doing but that doesn't change the fact..

Axl kept evolving but by the tour after get in the ring the evolution was one big bloated mess..

I'll never forget the basic quote of the keyboard or drummer who was opening for gnr (faith no more) who said I don't know who's in gnr, dizzy tizzy tiddy horn section back up singers basketball coach a pilot and 2-3 mechanics..  I know the quote is fucked up but anyone who remembers it knows what I mean.. So advancing isn't always better...

Again I love the songs, but people should respect other's feelings, people here were into gnr before this so they expect a certain sound as well..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2006, 05:37:43 AM »

why do people act like axl rose is the only man that does anything new?? Gnr's influences were older bands like aerosmith so does that make afd recycled rock.. Putting sound effects into the music or keyboards or piano or whatever else isn't anything new or inovative.. it's all been done before.. Anyways if axl had done a afdish type album you'd all be loving it? anyways so no sence of even debating what way he goes..

What's fair is fair whatever type of record axl put out the gnr internet community would love it.. yes

I guess ac/dc is just some crappy ban dthen that doesn't want to change.. yet their fan following and constant radio played songs are huge..

it's really amazing how everyone puts axl rose on top of eevryone else like he's the only one with an idea of what is right.. he makes great music, but others do too, it may not be what axl is doing but that doesn't change the fact..

Axl kept evolving but by the tour after get in the ring the evolution was one big bloated mess..

I'll never forget the basic quote of the keyboard or drummer who was opening for gnr (faith no more) who said I don't know who's in gnr, dizzy tizzy tiddy horn section back up singers basketball coach a pilot and 2-3 mechanics..? I know the quote is fucked up but anyone who remembers it knows what I mean.. So advancing isn't always better...

Again I love the songs, but people should respect other's feelings, people here were into gnr before this so they expect a certain sound as well..

did I say Axl was the only one making a new sound ?or even new music ? Nope... I got 4985 songs on my hard drive right now (not counting the extra cds)  , is the genre recycled, Yup. Just listen to L.A. Guns they have used the same tool once too many times, AC/DC? Perfect example now that you mention ! boring ? yes, successful? yes, one does not mean the other.
You say If Axl was doing the same Kind of AFD rock we would all love it... but you don't get it, there is no IF, axl would never do that. It wouldn't be Axl. You are confusing recycled with influenced music. There is a difference.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2006, 05:45:17 AM »

i would hardly call a band with tons of anthems and guitar anthems "boring"

my other thing was no matter what axl puts out people will like it on these forums

Look at the replies people make, best album ever, the best guitar solos ever, 325 on the 1-10 scale..  These are not evaluations of songs they are devote followers of someone.. It's like when your friend gets a new girlfriend and can't see her any other way then perfect, everything revolves around her.. People here just act lik ehte never heard a solo before or a good tune before..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006, 05:57:20 AM »

i would hardly call a band with tons of anthems and guitar anthems "boring"

I was talking about present day Ac/Dc

my other thing was no matter what axl puts out people will like it on these forums

Look at the replies people make, best album ever, the best guitar solos ever, 325 on the 1-10 scale..? These are not evaluations of songs they are devote followers of someone.. It's like when your friend gets a new girlfriend and can't see her any other way then perfect, everything revolves around her.. People here just act lik ehte never heard a solo before or a good tune before..

ok, but don't put that sticker on me. Plus, even if people often exagerate they only do so because they are excited,and? if you've noticed, the entire fan base is not 100% blind, a lot of people don't like silkworms, ohmygod and Rhyad (I love rhyad)

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006, 06:08:06 AM »

I wasn't trying to put the label on you, and I understand people are excited.. trust me so am I... As for ac/dc like many other bands I grew up with I don't even follow them anymore, I tend to just stick to the classics tunes

Silkworms I agree most don't like, as for oh my god I think people say the end of days was bad but love the rio one..

I just feel people aren't as judgemental or honest and they would be with someone elses work, or anyone else for that matter...

It would be nice to see some more mixed opinions on these tunes that's all..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 06:17:05 AM »

It's crazy to expect another AFD from Axl. First, he didn't have too much musical input into that record, Second maybe AFD wasn't his true style, Third he aged and cannot even perform the old songs. You can't expect Finck, Fortus, Stinson, Dizzy etc. to write AFD part 2. Remeber what Halfin said: CD will have 4 rockers, the rest is ballads and 'experimental stuff'. So we have 3 rockers (CD, Better, IRS) and the forth is Prostitute I think.

I'm more concerned if the music will be good enough. There are different types of music which are all good. AFD is not for Axl anymore and I'm glad he realized this. No need to sweat to make a rock album. He can't. Make the best album he can make in a year and release it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 06:27:03 AM »

Axl was never one to repeat the same thing over and over again. Look at his style, it always changes. Same thing with music. He said it right from the beginning, 1987, that he wanted to evolve and do all types of music. This isn't something that just popped out of the blue. Watch the CBGB interview. Why would he make another Appetite anyway, if you want to hear that then just listent to the cd. I certainly dont want Appetite part 2. I want to hear new types of songs, and I'm real happy with the results we've had so far.
Origen
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 06:30:57 AM »

Axl was never one to repeat the same thing over and over again

Then why did he re-record Appetite with the new band   hihi
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 06:38:57 AM »

Then why did he re-record Appetite with the new band   hihi

So they could learn the songs and get them to to the level they need to be at in order to do the old material justice when they played it live.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 07:34:36 AM »

Then why did he re-record Appetite with the new band? ?hihi

So they could learn the songs and get them to to the level they need to be at in order to do the old material justice when they played it live.

Why does one have to re record an album to learn how to play them.. Didn't gilby and matt learn the entire playlist in a few weeks?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: