Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:08:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Help needed! - The thread for questions about travelling around Europe
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help needed! - The thread for questions about travelling around Europe  (Read 30134 times)
Bigphil1
Opening Act

Rockin' And A Rollin'.....

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 10:35:26 AM »

Hey,
I'm from England and have been having problems buying a ticket off the Rock In Rio site. When I try to buy it says 'Please select Delivery Method and Zip code' although I select the 'Other Countries' delivery method and we don't have zip codes in England, we have post codes, which is a totally different thing.
Has anyone from England bought tickets and can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd really appreciate it coz I'm going to download, dublin and grasspop but you can tell Lisbon is gonna be something special
Thanks
Phil

Phil's European tour 2006
27th May - Lisbon, POR
7th June - Hammersmith, UK
9th June - Dublin, IRE
10th & 11th June - Donington, UK
20th June - Paris, FRA
JULY UK TOUR: Shef,Nott, Manchester
Graciela
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 02:40:32 PM »

I had the same problem. Try typing "England" in the country field instead of UK.
Bigphil1
Opening Act

Rockin' And A Rollin'.....

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 05:32:10 PM »

Sorted, thanks.
See you there! beer

Phil's European tour 2006
27th May - Lisbon, POR
7th June - Hammersmith, UK
9th June - Dublin, IRE
10th & 11th June - Donington, UK
20th June - Paris, FRA
JULY UK TOUR: Shef,Nott, Manchester
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 07:41:41 AM »

hey im 17 and I live in the US....I'm planning to fly into Portugal for the 27th and see GNR and then take train around Europe to see other shows......Download, Dublin, Nova Rock Fest, and Gods Of Metal are my preferences at the moment.

I want to get opinions about where to stay, where to eat, and how much a train ticket would cost to go from Portugal to Italy and UK and Austria. Thanks!
an option is to buy a month train ticket to travel through europe, they're quit expensive (for the few shows i'm going to see) but maybe for you they will be allright, coz you will use it more. Only i don't know how it works if you want to buy them from outside holland, so maybe other countries (since Portugal is your first country) sell them too, you should check out the portugees trainsite.

anyway the dutch site is:
http://www.eurail.com/ (this is the link i found to an international site about traveling by train in europe) when you're younger then 26 you get an discount.

i've just read that this type of trainticket also gives you free transport by boat between some countries, so it might be worth it to check it out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:52:25 AM by Nightfall » Logged

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
MrProxy
Rocker

Enjoy The Silence!

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 07:56:55 AM »

I have questions for thoes who live in Sweden.

Im form Latvia and im planning to go to Stockholm. You know what i will do there! Smiley))

So can you post some links where i can check out hostels or cheap hotels where to stay for a night after concert?

Also im checking out ferries from Tallin to Stockholm or I will fly with ryanair from Riga!
ryanair.com lists Airport Stockholm S. Skavsta (NYO). Is that airport located far form center of Stockholm? Aproximetly how much it will cost to get from airport to city center?

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Max 200; characters remaining: 130
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 08:51:47 AM »

I have questions for thoes who live in Sweden.

Im form Latvia and im planning to go to Stockholm. You know what i will do there! Smiley))

So can you post some links where i can check out hostels or cheap hotels where to stay for a night after concert?

Also im checking out ferries from Tallin to Stockholm or I will fly with ryanair from Riga!
ryanair.com lists Airport Stockholm S. Skavsta (NYO). Is that airport located far form center of Stockholm? Aproximetly how much it will cost to get from airport to city center?

Thanks.

I went to Stockholm with Ryanair last september.The bus from Skavsta airport arrives to Stockholm central station,and it's 50 minutes of journey,approximately.I don't remember the price well..it could be approximately 15€.I must still have the ticket somewhere..I'll try to search it...? Smiley

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
MrProxy
Rocker

Enjoy The Silence!

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 01:27:59 AM »

Ehh Stockholm i sold out!  crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

I will try to go to Warszawa Poland. Damn its 700km away from me.

---------------------------------
Max 200; characters remaining: 130
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 12:35:01 PM »

Question hopefully someone here can answer:

I orderd my tickets off ticketmaster.ie on Monday- they said it takes 7-10 Days for Overseas delivery- is that overseas delivery just to continental Europe ot to the States as well? Just want to know when I should expect them in the mail.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »

i ordered then the first day they went on sale, and they arrived just today. so it took almost 2 weeks to arrive.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 03:35:11 PM »

i ordered then the first day they went on sale, and they arrived just today. so it took almost 2 weeks to arrive.

okay so i'm probably looking at a 2-3 week window. just wanted to be sure. thanks. ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 01:47:52 PM »

Found this website which might prove useful for anyone not wishing to splash out on overnight accommodation during the tour.? The site gives information on airports worldwide and the ease and comfort of sleeping in them.

http://www.sleepinginairports.net

Hope it's helpful.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »

Hey heres a question thrown out there how much would a plane trip from Ontario Canada to Rio be ? just a estimate so i get the right idea

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »

Wow i just checked it out about 2 grand from where i am ........... Well have a good time guys lol if it is brodcasted i will watch it ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2006, 01:01:22 PM »

Wow i just checked it out about 2 grand from where i am ........... Well have a good time guys lol if it is brodcasted i will watch it ok

Just make sure you're not thinking of going to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil for the Rock In Rio 2006 festival since it's held in Lisbon, Portugal...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »

ya thanks but i checked that... that would have sucked to like show up in rio haha  Undecided

- Stewie Griffin-
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 12:00:54 AM »

Found one for 1208 Dollars on expedia.com and one for 861 Dollars (taxes already included) on travelocity.com (when you use travelocity, the best thing is to choose flexible dates!) peace
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »

if anyone needs help around Portugal send me a PM and i'll try n help Smiley  beer

Chinese Democracy!
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »

Great idea for a thread.

I'm thinking about going to the Denmark show, but I have a few questions...What is Roskilde like?
Is it a big town, like will I be able to find cheap accommodation there?
Or should I just take the plunge and camp...and if so, can you hire camping stuff? Has anyone been to the concert before?

And what's it like getting to Danmark from England? I figure ryan air or something would be my best bet...? And then once in Denmark whats the best wayt to get to Roskilde?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 09:08:07 PM by snow white » Logged
pcl1977
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:59 AM »

The one month euro rail pass works like this. You have thee right to reserve a train seat for any unbooked train departure. You usually have to do this a couple days in advance to the final destination that it is you are going. DOnt buy a monthly pass it is a waste of money buy the tickets as you need them and just plan a couple of day in advance!!! Use train sytem there it is great. Just be sure that you have permission to go into the next country that you are traveling into. where many countries are strict about and could put yourself in a tough position. BETTER YET JUST GO OUT AND BUY LONELY PLANET OR LETS GO. BUY ONE THAT COVERS ALL OF EUROPE . WORTHS ITS WEIGHT IN PLATINUM

hey im 17 and I live in the US....I'm planning to fly into Portugal for the 27th and see GNR and then take train around Europe to see other shows......Download, Dublin, Nova Rock Fest, and Gods Of Metal are my preferences at the moment.

I want to get opinions about where to stay, where to eat, and how much a train ticket would cost to go from Portugal to Italy and UK and Austria. Thanks!
an option is to buy a month train ticket to travel through europe, they're quit expensive (for the few shows i'm going to see) but maybe for you they will be allright, coz you will use it more. Only i don't know how it works if you want to buy them from outside holland, so maybe other countries (since Portugal is your first country) sell them too, you should check out the portugees trainsite.

anyway the dutch site is:
http://www.eurail.com/ (this is the link i found to an international site about traveling by train in europe) when you're younger then 26 you get an discount.

i've just read that this type of trainticket also gives you free transport by boat between some countries, so it might be worth it to check it out.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 03:59:28 PM »

With all the low budget airlines around, I'd suggest looking at flying as an alternative for trains.

The downside with these airlines is that often they fly out of smaller airports that are located quite far from the actual cities.

Some helpfull links:
www.ryanair.com
www.easyjet.com

/jarmo

Just to reinforce what Jarmo said. EasyJet is one of the cheapest airlines you are going to find. I've flown EasyJet a couple of times and they're pretty good (I do suggest you have some food in case you are hungry, because the food they have on board is expensive, around ?10 a sandwich). Most of their flights from and to London departs from/arrives at Gatwick.
If you are going to Rock In Rio Lisbon though, my suggestion is Monarch airlines.

So, if anyone wants any more information on flights, places to stay at, or anything else, all you have to do is PM me? Wink
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 02:31:34 PM by MandyGnR » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: