Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Response to Manny's "To The Naysayers" post
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Response to Manny's "To The Naysayers" post  (Read 1993 times)
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« on: March 06, 2006, 01:51:36 PM »

Well I wrote out a response to the following thread before it locked: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=27143.0, so I thought I'd post it for anyone interested:

The points you make are baseless and easy to tear apart.

Well how does it compare to Duff's, Slah, and Izzy's albums? How does it compare to the album Matt. Slash, and Duff put out collectively?

How does what compare to what Matt, Slash and Duff put out collectively? Axl hasn't released anything since they all left.

VR have released a great rock album, Izzy has released many great solo albums, Axl's released nothing except one crappy industrial song. If your talking about the live tracks and demos, tt's not near as good as the album Matt, Duff and Slash put out collectively. Only 3 songs (Maddagascar, The Blues and Better) would be good enough to make Contraband's tracklist.

I think these demos have proved to everyone who the person behind GNR really was.
Are you serious? These demos prove nothing of the sort. You think he was the creative force behind GnR? Izzy wrote more music than anyone in GnR, he was the most prolific songwriter in the band. He has also had the most prolific career outside GnR (by far). Off all the demos, Better would have been good enough to make a GnR album. There are at least 5 or 6 VR songs good enough and a number of Izzy tunes good enough.

I have news for most of you people stuck in 1992; most people thought the UYI's weren't that great, myself included.

Well apart from the fact I disagree, you do realise that most of the reasons people critisise the Illusions (over-production, too complex, songs too long, etc.) were your beloved Axl's fault, not the rest of the band. If anything these demos prove who's "fault" it was that they weren't popular.

Lets combine two of your quotes:

Not that my opinion or anybody else's should matter when deciding what you like
In closing, I honestly don't now why you waste your time on this board. If you're a fan of the old GNR, go to the VR section. I heard they have a couple a guys who used to play badass rock. But I know you guys won't. Why? Because as much as you hate to admit it, you people know GNR is a much, much better band than VR. And you guys would kill to replace Scott with Axl. Meanwhile, GNR fans of today are happy with the line up they have for the most part, and have no reason to look back, and that kills you.? peace

First you say your opinion shouldn't matter in deciding what I like, then you say I know that GnR is much better than VR. Eh, no I don't! I know the old GnR are much better than VR. But as for the current GnR, nobody knows that until CD is released. These leaks prove nothing. I would much rather hear Sucker Train Blues, Slither, Loving The Alien and You Got No Right than Chinese Democracy, Riyadh, IRS and Oh My God. I liked Better a lot at the start, but it got stale quickly.? You Got No Right is the only song by either band I consider a classic and is a hundred times better than anything by the new GnR.

I heard they have a couple a guys who used to play badass rock.
They still do, listen to Slither. I also heard GnR had a guy who used to play badass rock and beautiful ballads!

And you guys would kill to replace Scott with Axl.

And you guys would kill to replace Finck and Stinson with Slash and Duff. What's your point. There is more to a band than one member, which you seem to have forgotten.

Meanwhile, GNR fans of today are happy with the line up they have for the most part

So are VR fans.

I wanna make something clear. I am not against Axl and I want the new band to succeed. But I just think people are getting carried away by the leaks and are saying CD will be amazing even though they haven't heard it yet. All my opinions in this post are based on the live recordings and leaks. We will never know who is better until we hear Chinese Democracy. There is nothing amazing from Axl yet. When CD is released it could very well be a classic and much better than VR. But, people are getting carried away by leaks. which are good but nothing special. VR have a full album under their belt! A finished album is always better than nothing.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: