Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  There may be trouble ahead!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There may be trouble ahead!  (Read 20210 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 04:28:32 AM »

Even if Slash had said that it wouldnt be Axl's place to say that anyway and I dont think Axl shouldve said it even if it were true.

Well, ettiquette is something neither side is worried about now. It's war between the two sides; Axl made a strategic move with that little bit of fireworks buried in his statement. I am certain that he included it to induce friction in Slash's band. Will it work? depends on whether slash really went over to Axl's house.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
badapple81
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 04:32:58 AM »

And I guess that will all come out in court now.

The answer to why Axl brought that up D I think is in the lawsuit. Axl hoped that following this, Slash would drop the action and move on which of course he didn't. Would you keep thing kind of thing to yourself if you were being sued?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 05:05:49 AM »

And I guess that will all come out in court now.

The answer to why Axl brought that up D I think is in the lawsuit. Axl hoped that following this, Slash would drop the action and move on which of course he didn't. Would you keep thing kind of thing to yourself if you were being sued?

Its irrelevant to the lawsuit though.

this is about copyright and ownership, I dont care if Axl has SLash calling Scott a flaming queer and Duff a gutless terd and Matt a talentless moron on tape, it has nothing to do with the lawsuit at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »

Even if Slash had said that it wouldnt be Axl's place to say that anyway and I dont think Axl shouldve said it even if it were true.

Absolutely correct D, I agree 100%. 

Totally irrelevent to the lawsuit, done purely with intent to undermine Slash's relationships with his current bandmates.

With the above in mind, I tend to believe the events mentioned in the Axl press release regarding the lawsuits to be true, way too detailed to be fabricated.  Just an opinion of course.

The entire thing is getting to be borderline ridiculous, Slash looks like a guy who has no grip on reality
while Axl looks like a bitter egomaniac that just threw his former bandmate under the proverbial bus.

Very sad indeed.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
SADIS
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »

The entire thing is getting to be borderline ridiculous, Slash looks like a guy who has no grip on reality
while Axl looks like a bitter egomaniac that just threw his former bandmate under the proverbial bus.

Very sad indeed.

Why doesn't Slash has any grip on reality? I mean, Scott doesn't seem the most reliable guy, and maybe he does hate Matt and think of Duff as spineless.

I think the one who doesn't have a grip on reality is Axl, cause why on earth would you send out a press release like this leaving everybody puzzled? While with sending out that press release killing the most positive buzz you had going since '94. And why put in the part of Slash visiting while that doesn't add anything to the press release itself except make Axl look stupid for putting it in there?

If you ask me there's a shitload more going on right now that we don't know of. But for now I think Axl looks stupid and I'm not alone in that for sure. Just do something that makes sense, or explain the fucking situation....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 10:23:03 AM »

they haven't spoke in ten years and this is what they are talking about at 5:30am??? no didn't happen

get real and stop defending slash the drunken liar.
why would axl sink to slash's level and lie?
besides, axl's lawyer wouldn't risk his carreer by lying in a press release.
wake up. Roll Eyes

it just doesn't make any sence, axl said he hasn't spoke to slash in ten years, but he forgot the fact his ex lead guitar player just happened to show up to his house in october hihi

slash the drunken liar.. Ha, hasn't slash been promising cd for years.. Weird I still don't own it rofl
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 10:53:07 AM »

Why doesn't Slash has any grip on reality? I mean, Scott doesn't seem the most reliable guy, and maybe he does hate Matt and think of Duff as spineless.

True, let me rephrase.

It paints Slash as someone who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.  True feelings or not, probably
not the best person to open up to considering their (Axl/Slash) acrimonious relationship over the last decade plus.

Bottom line, this looks bad for both parties.  If true on all accounts, it's the absolute lowest point for both of them as professionals, a horrible lack of judgement on both sides.

Again, my opinion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »

Totally irrelevent to the lawsuit, done purely with intent to undermine Slash's relationships with his current bandmates.

Oh absolutely. Whether it was said or not, if Slash visited Axl at his home and had a private conversation with the man, he made himself vulnerable to this kind of attack. Slash never should have gone over there, provided it was true.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »

Its just so hard to fathom it all though.

Picturing those events happening just seem so impossible.  I want to know what all they were talking about cause u know the conversation had a whole lot more to do with things other than Slash spilling his feelings about his VR bandmates.

U know though, something people havent even looked at, Slash said CD was done and had a very reliable inside source, Hell that source was none other than Axl himself.

Axl told him CD was coming out in 06, Slash spills the beans *Which leads to the media whore label Axl placed on Slash" Axl got pissed off and spilled the beans on what Slash said about his VR bandmates.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »

Oh absolutely. Whether it was said or not, if Slash visited Axl at his home and had a private conversation with the man, he made himself vulnerable to this kind of attack. Slash never should have gone over there, provided it was true.

Not sure if "Slash never should have gone over there" is the way I look at it.?

Motive for the visit nonwithstanding, there's absolutely no excuse for Slash to professionally leave himself open given Axl and his rocky relationship.

Plenty of blame to share, this entire episode reflects horribly on both.? Slash should've kept his mouth shut while any mention of Axl Rose and personal integrity/high road behavior should best be left unsaid.

Very embarrasing.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »

Its just so hard to fathom it all though.

Picturing those events happening just seem so impossible.? I want to know what all they were talking about cause u know the conversation had a whole lot more to do with things other than Slash spilling his feelings about his VR bandmates.

U know though, something people havent even looked at, Slash said CD was done and had a very reliable inside source, Hell that source was none other than Axl himself.

Axl told him CD was coming out in 06, Slash spills the beans *Which leads to the media whore label Axl placed on Slash" Axl got pissed off and spilled the beans on what Slash said about his VR bandmates.

I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories but the above is a very interesting scenario. 

Given their tit for tat mentality over the past decade, nothing's out of the realm of possibility.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 02:10:30 PM »

Lets work a timeline.

Slash visited him oct 2005.

Anyone remember when Slash did that interview where he claimed CD was ready to go for March 06??

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 02:18:16 PM »

Lets work a timeline.

Slash visited him oct 2005.

Anyone remember when Slash did that interview where he claimed CD was ready to go for March 06??

right around new years b4 VR's show at the Borgata
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »

It seems possible, cause Slash was on his extended break and the NYE show was the first show they had done since the tour ended right? so that was his first interviews etc wasnt it?

If Slash told Axl that in October, Axl kept it to himself for over 4 months, Slash probably agreed to drop the lawsuit and when he never did, Axl took that as an insult thus letting Slash's dirty little secret fly.

t3tra
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 02:57:34 PM »

Slash may have visited Axl in oct. No one knows for sure, I'll guess.

But it's hard to belive, at least for me, that Slash said so about Scott, Duff, and Matt.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »

The fact is - AXL IS A LIAR!   Anyway you look at it.
He mentioned a month ago he hasn't spoken to Slash inb 10 years and now this.
Why should we trust someone who is prooven to be unreliable!?
Axl obviously has trouble with reality. (Not only because it still takes him over 15 years to bring his own cd of music out to the sun light).
On the other hand,   no matter all the years Slash used to be my guitar hero,  I got severly dissapointed at him at few occassions -

1)   Snakepit II -  what a band!!  Slash is going around for months telling everyone what a great cd a follow up of ALG will be...  One day he comes to rehersal and tells the guys as of this minute,  he doesn't count on them anymore.
Still,   he is surprised they can't see him anymore.

2)   Slash is surprised Gilby doesn't talk to him...  Gilby plays for Snakepit I and is over at Slash' place every day.
The day he pressed lawsuit against Axl (he had every right,  Axl was selling stuff with Gilby' physical presence),   Slash who is already out of GNR doesn't call Gilby anymore and goes out of his way from one day over to the next one.   What does that have to do with Slash???

3)   Few years later,  Gilby is touring with his old friend Ryan Roxie and plans a band with him.
Out of all the guitar players,  Slash offers Roxie to play in Snakepit II,  only to replace him with Kerri Kelly.

4)   Axl goes on telling shit about Slash and co,  still,  Slash goes around telling how protective he feels about Axl,  despite the fact Axl had him thrown out of the gig where he played songs co - written by Slash...

I mean,  after all that,  Slash is a bit spineless no matter how much one likes him or not...
Origen
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2006, 06:00:04 PM »

Offcial VR site:

Velvet Revolver in the Throes of Creation [3/7/2006]
Velvet Revolver is currently writing new music for their next record.  Stay tuned for more information.

It's all good  ok
RichardNixon
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2006, 06:42:10 PM »

Is the comment about Slash saying Duff is "spineless," hating Matt and Weiland a "phony" irrelevant? I'm not a lawyer, put maybe they are relevant to the case if it has anything to do with intent, etc on the part of the Slash/Duff party. Perhaps it does have legal bearing. Any law-school students here?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2006, 07:22:45 PM »

Offcial VR site:

Velvet Revolver in the Throes of Creation [3/7/2006]
Velvet Revolver is currently writing new music for their next record. Stay tuned for more information.

It's all good ok

Did they feel the need to post this as a response to Axl's press release?  Hmmmm...  Good news!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 03:13:27 AM »

The fact is - AXL IS A LIAR!   Anyway you look at it.
He mentioned a month ago he hasn't spoken to Slash inb 10 years and now this.
Why should we trust someone who is prooven to be unreliable!?
Axl obviously has trouble with reality. (Not only because it still takes him over 15 years to bring his own cd of music out to the sun light).
On the other hand,   no matter all the years Slash used to be my guitar hero,  I got severly dissapointed at him at few occassions -

Axl was approached by a RS reporter at a party; he was asked about Slash. Trying to enjoy himself, Axl mentioned that he respected the man and hadn't spoken to him in ten years. Now isn't it possible that Axl patronized the reporter because it was not the proper place to blow the lid off an incendiary secret? It is plausible in my mind, at least.

I do think that something happened recently that convinced Axl to countersue. Perhaps there were talks to settle or drop the suit which failed to materialize. Axl may have used the Oct 2005 conversation as a bit of blackmail to instigate a settlement.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: