Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Scott Weiland's statement's censored
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland's statement's censored  (Read 9312 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« on: March 11, 2006, 06:10:08 AM »

I can't understand why you did this. Anyone who has a brain can remember that even those stories were listed as headlines that had former Adler's Appetite members bashing Steven. That was Guns N' Roses related, but Scott (who is in a band with 2 original Gunners and one other) responding to Axl's press is not GN'R related.

It's nothing but pure censorship.

It's even stranger that it was a headline at first but some minutes/hours later Jarmo changed his mind and deleted it. Did Sanctuary asked/instructed to do this? Or did you want to fit Axl's expectations? Or what you think to be Axl's expectations...

It's kinda sad. Censorship makes no good.  (BTW I noticed that the moderating became very one-sided in the last couple of weeks - Axlites can do anything, they can insult others any way, but the mods ain't doing anything. Cool.

Jarmo, I love your site, I've been visiting it from the very beginning, and I've been a member for years. But this is a very bad direction this board is heading to... Axlism is like Stalinism or Nazism... Some people are making 'what to say what not to say' guides, they're writing 'how to recognize a hater' shit (in their dictionary hater means anyone who doesn't support all of Axl actions), they're insulting others on a very low level... And they seem to find a partner to do this.. the moderators.  Sad

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

it is because scott is not ex gnr, slash duff matt steve izzy gilby etc all get headline news because they were apart of gnr.. You won't see scott stuff or dave stuff because they were never gnr.. Vr has 3 ex gunners in  a new band this site follows all their other projects..

The only way scott's statement is gnr related is because it knocks axl.. I think it goes hand in hand with axl's statement about slash sowing up knocking them..  Not going to loose any sleep over where the news is posted, there's a massive thread about it in gnr discussion anyways
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 06:59:56 AM »

Mikk- I agree 100 percent. When Duff goes on "Sliders," that is news, but not this?? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:01:51 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 07:01:29 AM »

I've answered this question here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=27350.0

I don't have any expectations of what Axl thinks of the site, I don't assume he even reads it.

At first I posted it on my lunch break because I wanted people to see how lame Scott can get (in my opinion) by trying to insult Axl by commenting on his physical apperance.

Then when I came home, I realized that I don't have to help him get the attention he seems to crave with his lame statement.

If you don't like it, too bad. I've gotten plenty of e-mails from people who agree with my decision and if you don't, you're free to discuss the subject in the 60+ page thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RichardNixon
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 07:04:44 AM »

I've answered this question here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=27350.0

I don't have any expectations of what Axl thinks of the site, I don't assume he even reads it.

At first I posted it on my lunch break because I wanted people to see how lame Scott can get (in my opinion) by trying to insult Axl by commenting on his physical apperance.

Then when I came home, I realized that I don't have to help him get the attention he seems to crave with his lame statement.

If you don't like it, too bad. I've gotten plenty of e-mails from people who agree with my decision and if you don't, you're free to discuss the subject in the 60+ page thread.

/jarmo

I see your POV. But when Axl responds, I'm sure he will, either via a concert or press release, wont it be good to have Scott's rant on record in the news section? To put everything in context?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 07:12:06 AM »

We'll see what happens.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:14:48 AM »

Fair enough. I didn't think anyone was trying to bust your balls.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 07:42:44 AM »

I still disagree and I'd like to know what your response is to my question:

Did Sanctuary asked/instructed to do this? Or did you want to fit Axl's expectations?

It's your site and you run it how you want to. BTW I'd have been very surprised if those board members who are making banlists-wishlists had disagreed with your decision censoring Weiland.

You said that Scott's response (which is utter shit, just like Axl's) is not GN'R-related. These headlines are much more GN'R-related then:

December 29th, 2005: Adler's Appetite singer says Steven Adler is a 'good-natured guy'
December 28th, 2005: Jizzy Pearl says Steven Adler's split with band was far from amicable
December 13th, 2005: Ozzy says Slash offerred him money to moon the Queen
October 18th, 2005: Chairman of the Virgin Group dressed as Axl at store opening
October 1st, 2005: Axl mention in article about Paul Reed Smith guitars

etc.

You even mentioned that next time you'll take a 'Slash is back on drugs' rumour as a headline. First, I don't live through Slash. He's my idol as a guitar player, but not as a human being. But too much guys here live their lives through Axl and think he is God. Newsflash: he is not. Second, Scott's response wasn't more of a rumour than Axl's statement.

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »

It's kinda sad. Censorship makes no good.? (BTW I noticed that the moderating became very one-sided in the last couple of weeks - Axlites can do anything, they can insult others any way, but the mods ain't doing anything. Cool.

What the fuck is an "Axlite"? ?Tongue

If you have a problem with a post, use the report to moderator thing. It's not easy to read through 60 pages of posts and catch every insult. You try it yourself one day or maybe two days. Because by the time you've read two pages, the thread will have one more page of new posts....

If you don't like the fact that a Guns N' Roses board has members who prefer Axl to Scott, then maybe you're having the wrong idea about this place...

The reason why Adler's Appetite members are mentioned when they post their opinion on Steven is because they were in a band with Steven. Scott never was in a band with Axl.

Duff's, Matt's and Slash's comments have been posted as far as I remember. Those guys were in a band with Axl in case you've forgotten.

This isn't VR site with a GN'R section. The VR focus has always been from a GN'R fan point of view.

The general GN'R fan probably likes to have some kind of idea what the ex-members are up to and that's why I post stuff about Steven, Gilby and so on. But I'm not so sure everybody wants to know what their current band members think of Axl's physical apperance.....

These headlines are much more GN'R-related then:

December 29th, 2005: Adler's Appetite singer says Steven Adler is a 'good-natured guy'

A positive remark about Steven in a time when most people bash him. I guess you don't want anything positive said about the original GN'R drummer. Fair enough.

December 28th, 2005: Jizzy Pearl says Steven Adler's split with band was far from amicable

A former singer of Steven's current band says why he quit. That's like Paul Tobias saying why he quit GN'R.

December 13th, 2005: Ozzy says Slash offerred him money to moon the Queen

Shows Slash has a sense of humour. Must be a bad thing. Sorry for that.

October 18th, 2005: Chairman of the Virgin Group dressed as Axl at store opening

In a time some of you claimed nobody remembers Axl, somebody dresses up as him in front of the cameras.

I guess it's not important.

October 1st, 2005: Axl mention in article about Paul Reed Smith guitars

Yeah, and I bet it wasn't about how "fat" and "untalented"? Axl is.

Look, during slow news periods even smaller mentions get posted. You might not have noticed this.

I post what I'd like to read on a Gn'R site, not what Mikkamakka would like to read.

I can't guess what you think is important or not. I'm not a mindreader you know. Sorry!

You even mentioned that next time you'll take a 'Slash is back on drugs' rumour as a headline.

You shouldn't take everything I say so damn seriously....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 08:08:25 AM by jarmo » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 08:12:16 AM »

It's kinda sad. Censorship makes no good.? (BTW I noticed that the moderating became very one-sided in the last couple of weeks - Axlites can do anything, they can insult others any way, but the mods ain't doing anything. Cool.

What the fuck is an "Axlite"? ?Tongue

An Axl Rose zealot.

If you have a problem with a post, use the report to moderator thing. It's not easy to read through 60 pages of posts and catch every insult. You try it yourself one day or maybe two days. Because by the time you've read two pages, the thread will have one more page of new posts....

I did. 6 days ago. Nothing has happened.

If you don't like the fact that a Guns N' Roses board has members who prefer Axl to Scott, then maybe you're having the wrong idea about this place...
etc.

I prefer Axl to Scott.  Tongue

I still don't understand why Scott's comment was irrelevant and find your explanations for my listed headlines lame. No biggie. Who cares. I just wish it'd be a GN'R fan site, but it's becoming an Axl Rose fan site. I know it's only imagination on my part but reading some guys' comments there is a chance that they'll kill Slash or Scott, just like that crazy guy killed Dimebag. I wish this site was more about music and less about who is right in this or that legal action. The court will decide, it's their business, not our. We don't know shit. But to act like an Axlite  Tongue: these people should get a life.

Rollin' on the streets
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 08:24:46 AM »

I did. 6 days ago. Nothing has happened.

I apologize for not having the time to take care of your problem in a time when the board has been busier than ever before.

Maybe if I managed to add another hour to my day I could've. I'm sorry.

I still don't understand why Scott's comment was irrelevant and find your explanations for my listed headlines lame.

How do I put this..... Because I decided it was irrelevant on my site?

I might sound like an idiot, but that's the only criteria I use for posting news.

No biggie. Who cares. I just wish it'd be a GN'R fan site, but it's becoming an Axl Rose fan site. I know it's only imagination on my part but reading some guys' comments there is a chance that they'll kill Slash or Scott, just like that crazy guy killed Dimebag. I wish this site was more about music and less about who is right in this or that legal action. The court will decide, it's their business, not our. We don't know shit. But to act like an Axlite? Tongue: these people should get a life.

Axl is in Guns N' Roses.

If you want to find the Slash fans, you might need to go find a Slash forum. I'm sure you won't have too many Axl fans bothering you there. But then again, I guess those fans aren't so objective either.... They just think they are because they disagree with Axl.? hihi

Some of you don't want to read about Dizzy's, Richard's or Tommy's solo stuff either because they're not GN'R to you.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 08:26:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 08:36:38 AM »

They are in GN'R. If there is an article about them I choose to read or choose not to read. That's why posting Scott's response as a headline wouldn't have hurt anyone. I mean anyone who is sane. (I don't know too much about Sanctuary.)

I didn't complain about Slash things. I use this site as one of my sources for Slash news. But you mentioned him for some reasons I don't know.

Rollin' on the streets
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 09:03:10 AM »

I agree with Mikka. I don't see why after deeming it worthy of mention on the main site, u decided to take it down. "Attention seeking" statement or not, it's still a GN'R related news item. I feel that no matter which way an article swings, the news section of the site should be free and unbiased to report everything and let the people who read decide. I've a feeling ur pissed off at Scott, Jarmo. However, it's ur site, so...

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 10:30:30 AM »

I'm not pissed off at Scott. I couldn't care less about his opinion on Axl....? Roll Eyes

Where do you people get these ideas from? Why would I be pissed off with a guy I don't know?

I think he's an ok frontman, not one of my all time favorites....

They are in GN'R. If there is an article about them I choose to read or choose not to read. That's why posting Scott's response as a headline wouldn't have hurt anyone. I mean anyone who is sane. (I don't know too much about Sanctuary.)

It gets him the attention he seems to want.

GNR fans attacking other GN'R fans, I don't really feel like I need to help him divide the fan base by posting his lame comments about Axl.

If people want to know what he thinks of Axl, the world around him, the US president, the music industry or his new album, go read those stories somewhere else.

I didn't complain about Slash things. I use this site as one of my sources for Slash news. But you mentioned him for some reasons I don't know.

It was an example of how I don't post every rumor I hear or read. If somebody says "I was told Slash is back on drugs and wears a wig" do you think I should post it in the news section?

Same reason why I don't post every rumor about Axl and his physical apperance.

If Scott had handled his staement in a more professional matter, maybe things would be a bit different. Now it's just him rambling on his web site about Axl's physical apperance among other things.....

I'm sure there are plenty of other "rock stars" who think Axl is fat and untalented. Maybe you want me to post all those mentions too?

I don't care who hates Axl and what they think of him. That's why you don't see me calling people "gay" or "junkies" in those threads (go search for Nirvana or Kurt Cobain threads in the Dead Horse section).

/jarmo

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 10:13:17 AM »

Ok, Korn's guitarist just mentioned Axl in an interview just one sentence saying nothing amazing. Just an irrelevant comment that he was happy he came to the party. This is in the same "busy" news period as Weiland's press release which was exclusively about Rose and significantly more relevant (95 pages of responses compared to zero). Yet Korn's one was mentioned on the front page and Weiland's wasn't. You said above its because

a) During slower news periods smaller stuff gets mentioned. But this Korn mention is in the same news period. And Weiland's PR got 95 pages of responses. Korn's hasn't even got mentioned on the message board (or I can't find it). So Weiland's is not smaller news.

b) And also because Scott was never in a band with Axl. But neither was any member of Korn. Furthermore, at least Weiland is in a band with 3 ex-GnR members, Korn has nothing to do with any member of GnR.

So what's the real reason? Why is Korn's mention so important and Weiland's isnt?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:23:22 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 11:49:34 AM »

people honestly who gives a shit, anything said about axl by anyone will be a huge thread in the gnr discussion section of the board.. gets here either way..  Also many insults will follow hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 02:04:59 PM »

So what's the real reason? Why is Korn's mention so important and Weiland's isnt?

Because Korn's guitarist wasn't looking for attention by posting shit about Axl's physical appearance.

They even removed his fucking "statement" from all the VR sites because they got the attention they wanted. Now it's gone and anybody who didn't see it won't know it was even posted. How conveniant for them.  Roll Eyes

Are you calling them on it too?

/jarmo

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 01:08:18 PM »

Because Korn's guitarist wasn't looking for attention by posting shit about Axl's physical appearance.

They even removed his fucking "statement" from all the VR sites because they got the attention they wanted. Now it's gone and anybody who didn't see it won't know it was even posted. How conveniant for them.  Roll Eyes

Are you calling them on it too?

/jarmo

i think this is the most important point. it`s not on the VR newspage anymore, so there`s no need to spread it any further to people who didn`t recognize it before.....

but i`d like to see any comments from scott to axl as news on this site though... he might be looking for attention and getting it that way, but it`d rather show his stupidity.

i know that you can decide what to post on your site jarmo, but i think it`s not right to just show one side of the story...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, Scott's side isn't that "important", especially since he's not part of the lawsuit at all.

He's in a band with two of the people who sued Axl, but so is Dave Kushner.

Duff's comments were posted because he's actually part of the lawsuit and didn't post a statement just to get attention.

/jarmo

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 03:12:45 PM »

yeah... you`re right. scott`s opinion isn`t that important in regards of the lawsuit.

however, i think it`s definitely worth being posted as news on htgth and it`s definitely something fellow gnr fans should know. even if there`s a 100 pages thread on the forum.

it`s a different case after it was deleted on the VR newpage though...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: