Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:36:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Marilyn Manson
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 160952 times)
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #640 on: March 13, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »

I used to really dig Manson, but like all artists there is a rise and fall..his new stuff doesn't even hold a candle to his old stuff anti-christ and mechanical animals..i even really like holywood, but everything after that as good as it may be is not as good as the old stuff...with all that said I really hope this new album is worth is a poop..even with Twiggy back I just think Manson isnt the lead man he used to be...

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #641 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »

the new single suck ass

I'm kinda diggin it

I agree, its not his best song, but its pretty solid.  Not bad considering the amount of bullshit polluting the airwaves in 2012.  Def a nice first track to the album, looking forward to hearing the rest of it.

you can't deem it "not bad" based on crap on the radio these days. you've got to base it on what's good music.

maybe it's a grower. still sounds uninspired and repetative to me.

its sounds ok, like I said far from his worst song, I am hoping there are better songs on the album.    That said, it is good to see bands like this still going because there is a lot of shit music out there today, so even if it is not Manson's best effort I am happy to hear it as an alternative to another shitty Eminem + random pop star collaboration.

i feel sorry for you, it seems that sometimes you're forced to listen to shit you don't want to. that must suck!

oh and you know eminem and manson collaborated once right?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #642 on: March 13, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »

yes back when Eminem was good, in 2001.

also no one said anything about being forced to listen to anything, i said it was an nice alternative to the obscene amount of bullshit that the record industry churns out in 2012.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:22:54 PM by Bodhi » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #643 on: March 13, 2012, 03:03:08 PM »

also no one said anything about being forced to listen to anything, i said it was an nice alternative to the obscene amount of bullshit that the record industry churns out in 2012.
there have always been shit on the radio. and shit has always been released. it will never change. there's a great amount of good stuff being released as well. sadly, it was a while ago Manson accomplished it. he's also a shadow of his former self when it comes to performing live.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »

there have always been shit on the radio. and shit has always been released. it will never change. there's a great amount of good stuff being released as well. sadly, it was a while ago Manson accomplished it. he's also a shadow of his former self when it comes to performing live.
Agree, saw him in 2009 and it was the worst concert I've ever been to. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »

Agree, saw him in 2009 and it was the worst concert I've ever been to. 

I wouldn't doubt that at all...and it's funny cause I saw him back on the second show of the Holywood tour and it was one of the best shows ive ever been to.....the guy just isn't a top-teir performer anymore

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #646 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »

Anyone hear Born Villain yet?

Just started listening to it. I like what I hear so far.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #647 on: April 26, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »

Ya...I actually like it...crazy cool album...good on headphones!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
bluedevil2179
Headliner

« Reply #648 on: April 26, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »

Ya...I actually like it...crazy cool album...good on headphones!

Coop

just finished listening to it all the way through. I agree. Thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Favorite tracks: 1. Hey, Cruel World 2.Murderers Are Getting Prettier Everyday 3.Slo-Mo-Tion
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #649 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »

doesn't excite me anymore. listened to 5 songs. won't listen to the rest
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #650 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »

I'm loving the new album. I liked the last one too, but I'm happy he's rockin' again and not an album full of ballads.

Axl is God.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #651 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »

I'm loving the new album. I liked the last one too, but I'm happy he's rockin' again and not an album full of ballads.

Boy, a lot has changed since I stopped listening to him after Antichrist Superstar (a truly amazing album).  I was debating seeing him on tour this time around, but if he doesn't play a lot of Superstar tunes I am not interested. 
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #652 on: April 27, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »

IMO you have to listen to this album in the dark with a single candle lit and headphones on..just REALLY enhances the album...ALSO you must listen to the WHOLE album. Manson made an actual album...not really stand-alone tracks on this album, but all the songs together create an interesting and unique experience ...I enjoyed the second half slighly more than the first half

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #653 on: April 30, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »

just picked it up the other day, kind of boring.  Not good enough to enhance his legacy, not bad enough to ruin it.  Sounds like a collection of MM b-sides.  Pretty much every band in history has that 6-8 year window where they are at an artistic high, 1994-2001 was Manson's window in my opinion.   "Portrait" -"Holywood" were really fantastic albums.   Its not a knock on him, its just reality.  I'm seeing him in concert on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that.  I'll have to give the record a few more listens, but he is lacking the hooks and big choruses which is what made me a fan of him in the first place.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #654 on: May 01, 2012, 03:07:35 AM »

Good we people are different. I love Manson, but "Born Villain" is flat and boring IMO......Listened to it twice now, and though one should give albums a couple of more listenings than that, I doubt my opinion will change.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #655 on: May 01, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »

just picked it up the other day, kind of boring.  Not good enough to enhance his legacy, not bad enough to ruin it.  Sounds like a collection of MM b-sides.  Pretty much every band in history has that 6-8 year window where they are at an artistic high, 1994-2001 was Manson's window in my opinion.   "Portrait" -"Holywood" were really fantastic albums.   Its not a knock on him, its just reality.  I'm seeing him in concert on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that.  I'll have to give the record a few more listens, but he is lacking the hooks and big choruses which is what made me a fan of him in the first place.

I agree Bohdi

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #656 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »

how was the concert?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #657 on: May 11, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »

how was the concert?

its was ok...definitely nowhere near as good as he was in the late 90's to early 2000's.  He doesn't sound as good, and doesn't look to great either, it was far from a bad show, the setlist was cool and the band was ok, but was better with John 5 back in the day. Twiggy actually plays guitar now isntead of bass.  I would see him again though, far from a bad experience just wasn't great like I remember.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: