Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Oslo, Spektrum, Norway - June 28 + July 8, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oslo, Spektrum, Norway - June 28 + July 8, 2006  (Read 135800 times)
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2006, 07:16:14 AM »

So Elm Street before the gig?

And after too? Maybe I'm at Elm Street in the afternoon at 4-5 after me & my friend has grabbed something to eat. Or maybe we eat at Elm Steet, I don't know...

doubletalking
Opening Act

VOLBEAT.DK The strength - The sound - The songs

« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2006, 07:45:56 AM »

Elmstreet looks great!   beer
Death Cube K
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »

Too bad I cant go. I had to drop one of the GNR shows for my other passion in life, vintage fighter aircrafts air shows, Duxford, England here I come Smiley

Good luck to everyone. If I was in town I most certainly have met up with you guys at Elm Street.
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2006, 10:14:20 AM »

Elm Street it is  Cool

Jarmo, you have my cell number.

We'll be landing around 2PM (14:00) I think. Go to the hotel (Best Western), change and we'll go there....

See Ya  Smiley

/RF

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2006, 11:16:03 AM »

I'll also go to the hotel first and then head for Elm Street.

Rainfox, you got a PM. Wink

Hope to see you all on Saturday!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2006, 05:07:41 AM »

I had arrangements to stay with erose but he didn't give any news for a while, and I'm leaving tomorrow. Sad Big problem here: I'm gonna have to spend two nights outside. If someone can help me out please let me know. I'm coming all the way from France with a friend who's from Belgium.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2006, 09:08:34 AM »

We worked it out, it's all good now! Thanks again to erose and Jarmo who helped me out!

See you guys at the show!

Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2006, 09:49:57 AM »

Will  --  thats good news.

See you all at the pub!

RF

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2006, 10:44:35 AM »

haha.. the weather here is  real dandy, so why dont we ALL sleep in the park?  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
izzy0r
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2006, 08:46:40 AM »

Amulet confirmed as supporting act tomorrow
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2006, 09:57:46 AM »

Is Brain gonna play tomorrow or not?  Huh

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »

Singing: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaalright now, baby it's a aaaaalright now!"

We're all set to go.

One of the homeboys is down with a stomach flu but he just got ordered on Coca Cola and bananas. That should do it. Otherwise we have 2 stand-ins.

See you all at Elm Street tomorrow afternoon and later at the show... and then Elm Street again.

peace

RF

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2006, 02:47:57 PM »

yeah elm street it is!

sorry will, didn't mean to leave you hanging but i'll see you in a few...

three days away from the internet and all hell brakes loose  Tongue hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2006, 02:51:30 PM »

Probably my last visit here before the show! I hope I see some of you at Elm Street. I will be wearing my HTGTH-shirt so you will recognize my directly! (and I probably also have a smile on my face)  Grin

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »

Here's my review from the 28th..

Landed in Oslo with my brother about three o'clock, and immediately took the train into the city and set course for Spektrum. We got there around four o'clock, and a line had started to form. There's several entrances to Spektrum, so I have no idea how many people who'd gathered around the building at that time. In our line there were about 50-60 people. Now the wait started.

Close to 6:30PM they opened the doors and started letting fans in the venue. I could see that some cameras were confiscated, but I could easily have brought one in as I had a jacket with me, he just asked me what I had in the pockets. As we got inside, we decided to buy a couple of t-shirts first, and then get in front of the stage. We got a pretty good spot, dead center with just 4-5 rows of people in front of us. As we stood there a little while, we could hear that some people were really psyched and ready for Guns N' Roses, the "Axl"-chants had already started.

Bullet For My Valentine came on a bit late, around 8:45PM. At this point people were so hungry for something to happen that the crowd "almost" went nuts when they started to play. But this didn't last very long, during their set most people were just standing still, however no boos as far as I could hear. They played for half an hour and closed up at 9:15PM. Now, people were saying "one hour till Guns N' Roses".

Approaching 10PM I could already hear some people talking and speculating about Axl not showing up, but I was not concerned. My only concern was my feet starting to hurt a bit after standing still for hours. Finally at 10:25PM the intro started....

Opening chords for Welcome To The Jungle started to roam inside the venue, the crowd reaction was crazy. Everyone started to jump up and down, and when Axl screamed the famous line, the crowd screams almost drowned the speakers. What can I say, with this kind of opening I knew instantly this would be the night of my life. Axl sounded fabulous, even better than any of the bootlegs I'd heard. Robin, Richard and Ron were all energic on stage, and displayed a great presence. As usual the following songs were It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.

Before Live And Let Die, Axl adressed the crowd by saying "You guys have been waiting a long time, right? A really long time." The meaning being twofold (we had been waiting a while that night, and waited since 1993, having two dates cancelled in the meantime). After Live And Let Die, Robin did his guitar solo before Sweet Child O' Mine. Finck was often caught smiling during the evening, clearly in a good mood. Better was introduced the usual way, Axl talking about downloading from the internet, and calling us "naughty Norwegians". Dizzy played some bits from a-ha's "Take On Me" during his piano solo before The Blues, to great appreciation from the fans.

Frank played a drum solo at this show naturally followed by You Could Be Mine (awesome performance). After this song Axl pointed out that "Frank knows all the songs inside-out, his mother knows the songs inside-out." I also think he smashed one of the drums during the song (Axl said something in that direction). Knockin' On Heaven's Door was done the usual way. Then Richard and Robin played Beautiful, with big cheers after the performance. Axl came back to the stage saying "law enforcements everywhere... espescially in Sweden", then starting Out Ta Get Me, which by the way were one of the strongest songs of the night.

The Piano came back out, and November Rain was next. Axl played a little solo first (Fuck The Police), and commenting: "Straight outta Sweden... I'm an AWA - Asshole With Attitude". Tommy and Axl laughed. After November Rain Axl and Tommy talked, "this next song is a request from Tommy, his new favourite song" - Rocket Queen.

Bumblefoot got the whole place singing Don't Cry, a great moment. IRS didn't get quite as much response as Better, but still a great performance. I think this will come with time, when most people start to know the songs beforehand. During Patience there were some funny moments. First, Tommy showed his theatrical skills when he mimed Axl's words (Example: "I sit here on the stairs"). Second, Tommy again.. I think his mike volume was set a bit high, so when the chours started and he started to sing, it was just as high as Axl's. Tommy, Dizzy and Ron all started to laugh. The next time they hit the chours, he had to try his way to find a good distance from the mike so he didn't drown Axl's voice.

Bumble played a stratocaster during the Nightrain solos. The band went off stage, and "Guns N' Roses" chants immediately started. The encores consisted of four songs, Chinese Democracy, My Michelle, Madagascar and Paradise City. The show was over at 1AM, a 2h 35m show.

All in all, the greatest concert I've ever been to. But it wouldn't hurt the show if they cut a couple of the solos, but we've already had this discussion...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2006, 10:33:36 PM »

i have two great standing tickets for today for the price of one, pm me for the details and phone number!

peace ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2006, 03:56:18 AM »

i have a spare standing aswell

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
43minutes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2006, 04:32:05 AM »

Var p? Roskilde men glemte ? ordne med skjorte Cry
Hvis noen kan skaffe meg den hvite skjorta med ny logo og revolvere p? i large eller medium betaler jeg b?de frakt og rimelig bra Roll Eyes

hard4you@spray.no
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2006, 06:42:30 AM »

What time should show starts? I mean supports before Gn'R,and  Gn'R. Anybody knows?
izzy0r
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2006, 01:16:35 PM »

Hope there will be updates here later! I'll not moving a metre before Amulet has finished ok
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: