Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans  (Read 24603 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2006, 05:15:14 AM »

I've given the tracks to some friends of mine who are into metal mostly. they really like IRS

Megaguns
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2006, 05:41:03 AM »

the other day i was stopped at the lights near the local university and i had better blaring from the speakers and some kids came over , "is that gunners, never heard that" so i ripped the cd out and gave it to them. plus my mate who was the biggest guns fan back in the day didnt like OMG but he heard the songs and now is a fan again.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2006, 09:42:56 AM »

These are from Yahoo message boards reporting on the leaks:

I honestly heard those tracks yesterday
by: myown2centz (390/M/trollbrotherhood#504)  02/22/06 04:33 pm
Msg: 2 of 13 

on a local station and THEY SUCK! They have a repetitious drum track behind them and ...well if you liked Tommy Lee's side project MOM you might like this. IF you like old G'N'R forget it!!!! 

doesnt really matter
by: msmojo1117 (36/F/hollywood)  02/22/06 04:35 pm
Msg: 3 of 13
1 recommendation 

because SLASH is whats important.

PeacE 

Not Interested
by:  glendayglo (22/M/Ontario)  02/22/06 06:09 pm
Msg: 6 of 13
1 recommendation 

It's not guns 'n' roses without Slash and Duff that's like the (fake) Dead Kennedys touring without Jello Biafra. Axl Should just give this shit up. 

For ten years in the making,
by: honkey_mckracker  02/22/06 10:32 pm
Msg: 9 of 13 

Those 3 songs COULD suck just a little less. 

IM SURE THIS WILL SUCK........
by: gamedude369 (40/M)  02/23/06 12:52 am
Msg: 11 of 13 

if it didnt it would have been released yeras ago....with alll the hype he's sure to sell atleast a million copies.......if it's good who knows, maybe two million.......how come ozzy is the only musician EVER, to make it big after splitting from a group? 

Re: I've been
by: swampfetus66  02/23/06 08:28 am
Msg: 13 of 13 

My wait for a GNR record ended a couple of years ago -- it came in the form of Velvet Revolver. Just to hear Slash, Duff & Matt playing together again was enough for me. Contraband will end up proving to be far superior to anything the original Gunners did since Appetite, as well as anything Axl will release w/out his former bandmates. 
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:20 AM »

More blogs from the AP News Story:

NOT THE SAME WITHOUT SLASH.
by: tree_lvr (M/keep God out of California)  02/21/06 04:12 pm
Msg: 1 of 75
10 recommendations 

This is Axl Rose solo album and should be named that way. This isn't Guns and Roses. 

If Axl can be bothered
by: tbbjcarl  02/21/06 04:23 pm
Msg: 3 of 77
4 recommendations 

It took them the better part of a decade to make this album. That's one year of actual work and nine of nobody caring. For an album to take this long it better be "Sgt. Pepper" good, otherwise put it over there in the cutout bin.
This is karma for Axl making Metallica cancel what would have been one of its greatest gigs ever. Fcuk U Axl! SLASH RULES! 

Leaked? Give me a break
by: alanpttrsn  02/21/06 05:20 pm
Msg: 6 of 79
8 recommendations 

Right, it mysteriously just showed up on some web site.

This is a classic hype stunt very well planned.

No slash, no gnr 

"people will hear music this year."
by: deadgrrrl19 (F/Washington, DC)  02/21/06 05:50 pm
Msg: 7 of 80 

Yep. That's about right. Last I heard, Velvet Revolver is supposed to release their next album this spring... 
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »

all slash fans...

I sent the leaks to my sister and she said she loved them, except for the little "atari solos" hihi from time to time, she thinks twat sounds like estranged.

ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2006, 10:48:25 AM »

I agree with your sis woody, ok as I said in the twat thread.
like when he says "there was a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime"  at about 2:30

I guess it's a one of the earliest works of post UYI era, which Tommy referred to as " the old stuff that maybe started with pieces of the old band or whatever".

Musically I take TWAT over estranged.

I don't care much for that live version of The Blues that is floating around, but the studio tracks BLEW ME AWAY.   I listened to them maybe 2 dozen times each after I downloaded them.  I was not impressed with the MTV thing in '02 and at that time I expected that there would never be another Guns N' Roses album worth listening to.  But after the past few days, Axl has made a believer out of me again.  These songs are really good.  It really sounded like Guns and F'n Roses!  I can't believe it.  I especially dig I.R.S.

I know I am not your typical music consumer or a typical Guns fan, but based on what I've heard on these demos, I'll be buying Chinese Democracy the first day it hits stores.

I wasn't this big fan either till I hear the song Chinese Democracy.
I never thought I'd join a fan board that dedicated for any band.
Basically I'm quite a schizo about music. I don't buy music for the artist.

And I share your opinions about the songs. What do you think of Rhiad?

Hey welcome to the board funkyD.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2006, 12:40:26 PM »

Here are the 8 positive posts about Axl / New Songs off Yahho messgae boards.......I didn't post the other 108

Music Sounds Very Promising!!
by: ryleigh_k  02/21/06 07:29 pm
Msg: 15 of 118 

Wow! I just downloaded some of the new tracks and damn... Axl has done it. I haven't listened to Guns N Roses in years, but damn. Let the music speak for itself. It is incredible! 

I've heard some of it
by: PapiBear (39/M/USA)  02/22/06 09:00 am
Msg: 21 of 118
2 recommendations 

It actually sounds pretty damn good. Axl's voice is in MUCH better shape than it was in the early 90s; he sounds a lot like he did back in his prime.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/

They have a free online radio where you can listen to some of the newer tunes, recorded a couple years ago live. They sound quite good; I can only imagine the studio versions would sound much better. 

Re: 10 yrs too late - who cares?
by: noel_gallaghers_guitar_pick (30/M/Btwn Iraq & a hard pl)  02/22/06 02:07 pm
Msg: 25 of 118 

You cared enough to read the article and post about it.

The new stuff is actually very good. Good job your opinion matters little to me.

Posted as a reply to: Msg 23 by bmbcali   

Re: I've heard some of it
by: noel_gallaghers_guitar_pick (30/M/Btwn Iraq & a hard pl)  02/22/06 02:09 pm
Msg: 27 of 118 

There was a time is actually very very good. The estranged comparison is dead right.

Posted as a reply to: Msg 21 by PapiBear   

So, AWESOME!
by: emailjani (30/M/New York, NY)  02/23/06 03:42 am
Msg: 41 of 118 

Can't wait to get my hands on that CD. Todays 'hard rock' music sucks ballz.

Re: So, AWESOME!
by: jagox350  02/23/06 06:31 am
Msg: 48 of 120 

I 2ND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted as a reply to: Msg 41 by emailjani   

Re: The
by: rodney_smooth  02/23/06 08:43 am  (obviously, a die hard fan)
Msg: 60 of 121 

You are so full of shit.........no matter what Axl haters say...the "leaked tracks are better then anything on the Velvet Revolver contraband album...and when this GNR record gets released its gonna take the rock world by storm and Axl will be on top again....bash this all you want but in the end you'll be sitting in your living room wondering where you went wrong in life while Axl Rose rules the rock world once again...its gonna happen
SO LATER MUTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!

P.S. a fuckin demo...a demo track mind you, made the charts you stupid fucks!!!!! wait till the studio tracks drop!

Posted as a reply to: Msg 39 by acortez79   

Re: I Hate Rock.............
by: tricia78155 (35/F/Austin Texas)  02/23/06 09:16 am
Msg: 74 of 121
1 recommendation 

Well I love Rock music, Music today sucks, rap sucks, country sucks, 80's rock and 80's music was the best, Guns N Roses rock, Can't wait to hear their new stuff,

Posted as a reply to: Msg 62 by poorgirl_25   

RichardNixon
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

Why are you posting all those negative posts? Fuck 'em. Those ignorant assholes don't know what they are talking about. Stop spamming the board.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2006, 01:02:52 PM »

all slash fans...

I sent the leaks to my sister and she said she loved them, except for the little "atari solos" hihi from time to time, she thinks twat sounds like estranged.

ok

those aren't just slash fans, people need to relaise slash is and will always be apart of gnr.. Every great gnr song has the amazing intro or solo that is what helped make gnr.. You can't start taking ingredients out and keep acting like it's the same thing for many

many people were fans of the band, not one person alone so to them this isn't the same thing..  bands that try and continue without the key guys get these kinds of reactions..

even page n plant know enough not to call their duet zepplin
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2006, 02:02:07 PM »

Why are you posting all those negative posts? Fuck 'em. Those ignorant assholes don't know what they are talking about. Stop spamming the board.

Read the topic.......it's not spam.....rather opinions from people that don't worship at the table of Axl.....and there were 8 positive opinions out of 116 posts
SLCPUNK
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2006, 02:05:08 PM »

Non die hard fans = will buy 1 copy each

Die hard = will buy 2-3 copies each.

hihi
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2006, 02:09:32 PM »

My business partner, a 55 yr old woman, who loved AFD, thought all three songs IRS, TWAT and the full version of Better were all really good.  And i think she was surprised that she liked them.....but she always has loved Axl's voice.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2006, 03:06:29 PM »

I work in a mortgage office and I am the only one still here at the office and I just had a title work guy walk in while I was listening to "better" and he was like.. is that Axl Rose... I said yes. He then said is that the new stuff I seen on Mtv last night they were talking about. I said "yep."

He then listened to all three new tracks and gave me his email so I could pm all of them to him. He said he loved the old gnr but kind of forgot about the band, but was excited to hear axl is trying to make a comeback. beer
sandman
Legend

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2006, 07:22:34 PM »

i played the songs for a buddy of mine. huge gnr fan back in the day, but not what i would call a die-hard - doesn't really know what's been going on the last 10 years.

he LOVES the songs. first listen, he instantly liked them. he said they're among the best songs he's heard in years - totally refreshing.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2006, 07:40:28 PM »

on another forum someone liked better as a pop rock song, that was based on the  206 version

people tell me they miss the opneing guitars and didn't like the drum machines with teh three new ones
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2006, 08:01:24 PM »

I think Better will lose a lot of people that loved it after about the 2:10 mark  Cry

Hmmm... Not sure what to think now...
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2006, 04:51:25 AM »

I don't think so.  Was just surfing the metal sludge boards and the full version has blown alot of heads off.  It seems it is in favor by a 5 to 1 margin, and the ones that don't like it seem to be people that are over 40 or claim that it is not Guns N' Roses.  Here is the link

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51075&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What Goes around comes around!
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2006, 07:28:53 AM »

Mostly my friends are totally diggin' the new tracks. In particular IRS, the other one enjoys Better.

There's not anymore that I can do...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2006, 09:38:48 AM »

What's up everybody, I'm new here but I have been checking in every few months just to see if there's any news on the album.? I have been lurking on the message board the past few days.? I might bring an interesting perspective to this thread.? I haven't read the whole thread yet so forgive me if I repeat anything you've already heard.?

I am not a "die-hard" Gunner.? GnR was definitely my favorite band from about '88 thru '91 or so (I was in junior high school at the time).? ?After that, Metallica took over my brain for a while, then prog-rock, funk, jazz, the blues, and all kinds of other stuff.? Now I'm 30 years old and a working musician.? I rarely listen to metal anymore, these days it's almost always jazz and funk.? In fact, I listen to a lot of guys that Buckethead was playing with before Guns (George Clinton, Bootsy Colllins, Bill Laswell, Les Claypool, Praxis, etc), along with a healthy dose of Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Muddy Waters and the like.? ?

Anyway, I found the new tracks while looking for something else over the weekend and wasn't expecting much at all.? I am happy to say that I was in for a big surprise.? I don't care much for that live version of The Blues that is floating around, but the studio tracks BLEW ME AWAY.? ?I listened to them maybe 2 dozen times each after I downloaded them.? I was not impressed with the MTV thing in '02 and at that time I expected that there would never be another Guns N' Roses album worth listening to.? But after the past few days, Axl has made a believer out of me again.? These songs are really good.? It really sounded like Guns and F'n Roses!? I can't believe it.? I especially dig I.R.S.

I know I am not your typical music consumer or a typical Guns fan, but based on what I've heard on these demos, I'll be buying Chinese Democracy the first day it hits stores.

Speaking of Miles Davis, I just purchased the remastered, "A Tribute to Jack Johnson," and "Live Evil."  Anyone into Bucket, might want to check these out, in addition to Bill Laswell's Davis mixes.

I do agree, with you, the new stuff is so unique, that it is exciting.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2006, 12:43:06 PM »

The moderators should change the name of the thread to Only post positive reactions / opinions from non die hard fans because reading thru it, that's all people want to hear....how much other non-die hards love it

Same goes for the articles section......if a journalist doesn't care for them or has a negative opinion of Axl; there ignorant, a axl hater/basher, crappy journalist who doesnt know anything.......

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: