Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans  (Read 24599 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2006, 11:58:15 AM »

I played these demos last night to my friends my god they fell in love with the stuff, they said it was epic and a work of art! I'm very proud to be a GN'R fan even more now! x

EEEERRRR Little boy
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »

My friend just loved Better.

And he is not a Gn'R fan at all.
raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2006, 12:19:19 PM »

I have only the small version of better  Huh

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2006, 12:37:48 PM »

I have gotten better than average reactions.  What I have notices is that if you play them a few times people begin to like them more and more.  Personally, I like Better the best.  I have the 2 minute version, damn I wish I had the whole thing.  That song kicks ass.  His voice is great on that song too. 

Ritz Reeves III
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2006, 12:41:54 PM »

it seems by everyont aht has read the threads I have started on other boards that better is the instant grabber, something you can like instantly.. Not getting any positive feedback on the others thought... The again I am posting links not actually sitting in a room playing these over and over for multiple people
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2006, 12:47:03 PM »

the djs on 95.9 the rat here in nj absolutely love the songs....and they are anti AXL!.....i had a convo with 1 of the djs and after she heard Better she said if CD sounds liek this she will definately buy the album

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
FILTHY
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »

Played them for my friend a casual fan.  Sat quietly listened to them, including the other new stuff (maddy, CD, etc).   "That's good shit!"  Before he heard them he wanted to know if it was the new Gnr or if the old guys got back together.  I wouldn;t tell him till after he listened.   He listened, liked them them asked again.  Told him it was still the newer line-up.   He just gave me a "really, and it's still that good" kind of look.  Add another to the list of people waiting for the new album!
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2006, 12:58:30 PM »

Some regular music fans, better got the nod out of anything.. Remember joe blow isn't going to give it 25 listens with special headphones

thats true, in fact a lot of people on the web are hoping for gnr's failure

i read a reply on a forum wher ethe guy said something like
"if gnr ever do come back i hope they fail miserabely:
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »

Speaking on Camp Freddy Radio last night, Dave Navarro and Matt Sorum mentioned the leaked tracks, Dave was generally excited to possibly have Axl back on the scene while not too complimentary on the new tracks, calling them "schizophrenic'.

The podcast of the show can be heard 6767.com, the comments were made in the last part of the broadcast.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Origen
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2006, 01:25:27 PM »

Speaking on Camp Freddy Radio last night, Dave Navarro and Matt Sorum mentioned the leaked tracks, Dave was generally excited to possibly have Axl back on the scene while not too complimentary on the new tracks, calling them "schizophrenic'.

The podcast of the show can be heard 6767.com, the comments were made in the last part of the broadcast.

What did Matt say about them ?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »

he said "i played them for my 12 year old girlfriend and she thought they were danceable , the me and her mom had a 3some"

DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »

he's just jealous

matt sorum is one of the most ham-fisted p00p heads in the music industry
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »

Matt didn't say anything specifically about the tracks, just commented after Dave saying something to the affect of 'that can happen when you spend 11 years in a studio with Pro Tools".

Both seemed genuinely happy about a possible release, anxious to give the finished product a listen.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2006, 01:41:45 PM »

he's just jealous

There was absolutley no "jealousy" in Dave's comments, listen to the show and see for yourself.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2006, 01:43:07 PM »

Yikes! puke  @ saul

I guess He's referring to the diversity of the songs?
that's the gift of schizo.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »

ill take these schizo songs over any song these 2 ever produced

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2006, 01:54:12 PM »

he's just jealous

There was absolutley no "jealousy" in Dave's comments, listen to the show and see for yourself.

i was talking about matt
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

he's just jealous

i was talking about matt

Again, listen to the show before you alledge, Matt's comments barely noteworthy, let alone said with any "jealousy". Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 02:23:32 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2006, 02:21:04 PM »

ill take these schizo songs over any song these 2 ever produced

That another topic for another thread in another section.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2006, 02:32:06 PM »

@ mike:

i don`t use headphones to listen to details, but to make the songs sound like they`re supposed to....  i don`t know what you guys think, but imo the quality still sucks. compared to the old irs it`s heaven, but it still sucks. 

all this talk is nonsense.....   does anyone remember what merck said about irs not mirroring the final product?

by the way i don`t think that we should give the demos to  non die hards.  when CD hits the stores everyone will get the chance to listen to it... and then they`ll listen to something axl actually wants them to listen to and not some 3 year old crap quality demos....

i admit, when i first listened to these demos i was seriously dissapointed and let down, but after listening on headphones they grew on me and now i`m kinda blown away....... i can`t bear listening to songs in bad quality ok

and well....  i didn`t like neither gnr in the past, nor led zeppelin and now they?re my favourite bands and i love nearly every song.  and why?   because it took me a while to get into them.    the exact opposite is when you love a song from the beginning and than you get bored after some listens...   

i think that?s the difference between gnr songs and pop songs.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: