Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Rock Am Ring, June 2 (N?rburgring, Germany)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Am Ring, June 2 (N?rburgring, Germany)  (Read 58418 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2006, 10:14:17 AM »

i am willing to (try!!) giving live updates via sms to someone who is not going (preferred someone from germany)

lemme know

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2006, 01:15:28 PM »

from the bootleg forum:

I emailed Merck and he said gnrs show will be shown online.

Everyone enjoy.Hopefully someone will record it..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »

from the bootleg forum:

I emailed Merck and he said gnrs show will be shown online.

Everyone enjoy.Hopefully someone will record it..

Im going to be recording the online stream. Ill have the mp3's of it up for download within a half hour of the show being finished.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2006, 01:51:33 PM »

Will you be able to make a DVD of it?
And could you create lossless files aswell?

Thanks man!

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »

The Band including Axl arrived in Germany!
Fuck i'm so excited!!!

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2006, 05:24:17 AM »

have a fcn great time!  look forward to your views/reviews when you make it back   peace
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2006, 11:23:51 AM »

Lol I went to the Rock Am Ring website to get some information...

I copied the stuff about Metallica and Guns into the google translater to translate it from German to English. Very Funny  Grin

"Skirt at the ring and Skirt in the park host Metallica, a hard skirt band" - Well something like that...they replaced the word rock with skirt. Hilarious  Smiley
godiva
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

Came back today, got some much needed sleep first. Don't have much to add to Brownstone's review, and I'm not very good at writing reviews anyway, but have to say this show ROCKED! I was standing a bit more in the middle, not with all those die-hards in front of the stage, so the people around me where the more moderate festival goers and I have to say this band just lured them in. Before the show started people were just curious, not really excited about seeing GNR. The moment those opening notes were played, everybody was staring mesmerized at the stage. Everybody was singing along, dancing etc, having a very good time. Better rocked, the band sounded awesome. Too bad, some people left before the show ended, because it was quite late. The people who stayed though, got everything they wished for! I KNOW this band, with this new line/up is able to win over the general listeners. Axl?s voice sounded strong, he was very energetic. I?m even getting used to the many solos  hihi Robin is an amazing guitar player with an awesome stage presence. It is fun watching him on stage (and off, that crowdsurfing mofo!) The band seemed to be enjoying themselves tremendously. Good vibe. I?m a very very happy little girl  Grin
Gunnershome
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »

This was a SUPERGIG from Axl and GNR very good show!! this show was 3 times better then the lisboa gig,sorry for that but thats the trued...axl was agressive and wanted the best from the band he was fast with singing and got himself a great voice this day like the old days.i will post a complete reply soon with pictures.we got a great time also with metallica.
ol.li
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2006, 07:38:50 AM »

Wow. What an amazing show. Just returned home.

I've been waiting for this for 13 years, since my mother didn't allow me to go in 1993 in my hometown Cologne.

It was such a blast!   The band, especially Axl, was in a very good mood, always joking around. The most priceless things he said were: "Oh, we were going to play different songs at the same time...we're confused..so use your confusion!" (before IRS) / "Mr. Finck is confused now..we fucked it up again..kind of like Izzy was in the band...This is not meant in an BAD way..Izzy was supposed to be here tonight, well, I'm sure he is SOMEWHERE..."

besides that, kick ass show, amazing voice, I can die happy now.

Good night.
Matatata
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Wow. What an amazing show. Just returned home.

I've been waiting for this for 13 years, since my mother didn't allow me to go in 1993 in my hometown Cologne.

It was such a blast!? ?The band, especially Axl, was in a very good mood, always joking around. The most priceless things he said were: "Oh, we were going to play different songs at the same time...we're confused..so use your confusion!" (before IRS) / "Mr. Finck is confused now..we fucked it up again..kind of like Izzy was in the band...This is not meant in an BAD way..Izzy was supposed to be here tonight, well, I'm sure he is SOMEWHERE..."

besides that, kick ass show, amazing voice, I can die happy now.

Good night.
Unfortunately I didn't manage to go to RAR, but my mother also didn't allow me to go in 1993 to Frankfurt  crying GnR were the too dangerous and I was too young.  rant
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2006, 11:27:04 AM »

"Oh, we were going to play different songs at the same time...we're confused..so use your confusion!" (before IRS) / "Mr. Finck is confused now..we fucked it up again..kind of like Izzy was in the band...This is not meant in an BAD way..Izzy was supposed to be here tonight, well, I'm sure he is SOMEWHERE..."

That's really funny rofl

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »

He was funny hehe

The show was bloody awesome. Better than the show they gave in Portugal!
chinesedemocracyuk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2006, 04:43:29 PM »

!Izzy was supposed to be here tonight, well, I'm sure he is SOMEWHERE..."

Huh

I hope izzman shows up at the manchester gig, sounds like rock am ring was a great show
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2006, 10:10:37 AM »

Axl was in real good spirits, and my god, its all true, he does have his voice back! It was an amazing show, hope it air's on Rockpalast or WDR soon, cuz I can't wait to hear and see it again.
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2006, 07:34:08 PM »

Only returned some time this morning from Italy, so sorry for the late report. But anyway, here it is.

Gn'R were scheduled to play at 2am according to some security dudes, and they added that they had calculated them to be at least 1.5hrs late ("cause you never know with these guys"). Anyway, they started 20 min early, at 20 to 2 and played for 2.5 hrs. set list: no surprises, didn't play CD (and no TWAT either AFAIR).

Axl introduced KOHD as "a song that was NOT written by David Hasselhoff" (David Hasselhoff had been really successful in Germany with his songs in the early 90ies).

Sebastian Bach on Michelle (Axl mentioned that he'd invited the dude for the gig, and he wanted to fly there and then the airport closed, so by some circumstances Mr. Bach hadn't slept in like 24hrs but he was there anyway. Axl also said that he'd invited Izzy to the show, but he didn't show up ("Izzy's *somewhere*, that much I know"). )

Axl messed up the beginning of Patience (someone should tell the dude how to whistle the intro and then start the song with the line "shed a tear cause I'm missing you"...). They restarted after the whistling part. Tommy had sat on the steps down from the stage at the beginning of the song, obviously waiting for Axl to sit next to him (and I think that kinda confused the X-Man), and then Axl fucked up the song. At the end, Tommy ran up to Axl and stood there like a tin soldier & did a metal salute \m/ (& Axl called him a metal head).

Axl also was late to the start of Madagascar, and they had to restart the tape. He seemed angry at Dizzy (?), cause he'd started too early. They restarted the song from the beginning. IIRC, Madagascar and PC were the encores.

Axl came down to 1st row during one of the first songs (yeah, I got to touch His Axlness and now I'm a happy gunner and can die in peace  hihi ).

There were some more Axl quotes, but i kinda forgot about some of them. One was "who wants breakfast?" (referring to the fact that they were actually playing in the morning) & Ron raised his hand  Smiley . The greeting was "Good morning", but I think I was the only one who got it. He introduced Robin Fink as "Mr. Robin Finck, otherwise known as Jeremiah Johnson". Other quotes were the same as always ("for your listening pleasure, Mr. Richard Fortus").

The crowd was rowdy, lots of crowd surfers (Tool and Korn were on before Gn'R, so it kinda just continued). Was very cold & late at night, so lots of people standing in the back left during the gig. Security was tight, one dude every meter in front of the stage (and shit were they busy with all the surfers). There was one guy who seemed to be Gn'R's security, with headphones & wandering to whereever Axl was moving. Not the same dude they had in italy though (the one in Germany was a kind-of-middle-eastern-looking dude on the heavier side of the scale, the one in Italy sporty, bond, and busy looking for bootleggers with his flashlight).

On sound quality: The first four or so songs were a bit too clean for my understanding, after that Axl's voice suddenly lost clearness (assuming there was really no playback). The band was tight & rocked the fuck out, crowd seemed happy. Sorry, I haven't checked on it, but I'm sure MTV will air the show so you all can have a look yourselves (and get the setlist and quotes right and stuff).

I managed to take a few pics (though busy watching the show, keeping my head from being knocked off by an overweight crowd surfer, and my hands from freezing off). They are to be found here, you can do with them whatever you please as long as you don't use them for some sort of thing you're gonna sell or otherwise make money with (if you copy them, a note about the copyright belonging to me would be nice, still).

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2006, 04:15:38 AM »

does anyone know how many people were there

I have never seen so many tree
coldfan13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2006, 07:00:38 AM »

it was estimated that there were at least 120,000 people there....thats lots of people, I was there, had a blast, wish I could of met up with some of the fans from this board...but it didnt happen....anyways, I cant believe no audio has been released from this concert, I mean theres clips here and there, but not the whole show, security was so relaxed, a person could have filmed this concert, I mean cameras were allowed, Im sure itd of been easy to bring a camcorder in, or a kick ass tape recorder....
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2006, 08:30:05 AM »

no, it was 120.000 people at both festivals. rock am ring and rock im park.
they say there were around 70-80.000 people at the ring

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2006, 09:21:30 AM »

very cool review and pics Tonya ok

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: