Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??  (Read 44891 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2006, 02:33:38 PM »

I find it amusing when people that are indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors that it's called "bashing them" and are blasted for it or banned from the board.

From past recent and distant history, all GnR rumors turn out to be false.

I know from experience and following the progress of this album for the last 6 years, and beleiving past rumors of it's imminent release, only to have them turn out false has really jaded me with regards to GnR.

And if memory serves me correct, I heard radio adds promoting the 2002 Philly show mention the imminent release of Chinese Democracy as a january 03 release. (Yes, i was at that the show that ended it all)

So as far as this rumor, along with download festival, as well an imminent relase of CD in 2006; I'll believe it when I see it.

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.  Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi   

and well.....it?s not that pepe da rosa is "indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors", but that he`s continually posting unqualified bullshit...

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....  and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

Hey, did you fly over from germany as 12yr old to see that show? ok

sure  Kiss

actually my philly comment wasn?t meant to be that serious......      but actually the show sold out. i don`t have to fly to philly to know that.............. 

it doesn?t matter if phiilly sold out or not at all..... but i thought it was a bad example to proove that even with promotion gnr sold bad.....   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2006, 02:40:29 PM »

I find it amusing when people that are indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors that it's called "bashing them" and are blasted for it or banned from the board.

I know from experience and following the progress of this album for the last 6 years, and beleiving past rumors of it's imminent release, only to have them turn out false has really jaded me with regards to GnR.

And if memory serves me correct, I heard radio adds promoting the 2002 Philly show mention the imminent release of Chinese Democracy as a january 03 release. (Yes, i was at that the show that ended it all)

So as far as this rumor, along with download festival, as well an imminent relase of CD in 2006; I'll believe it when I see it.

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.  Gullible, gullible people.

and well.....it?s not that pepe da rosa is "indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors", but that he`s continually posting unqualified bullshit...

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....  and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

2 out of 20 shows sold out that happen to be in the highest populated areas in the US

and there were alot of empty seats and flying seats at the Philly show

1st of all, being pessimistic is not a problem for me, you can be as pessimistic as you want. Jarmo for instant is the most pessimistic person I've seen in this forum.

Unfortunately there are people who always talk about how CD will be a failure and the new GNR will break up. Now that is at least boring if you read the same comments by the same people in every possible thread.

Noone has been banned for having different opinions (we're talking about logical people here) or for being pessimistic.

2nd, do you honestly believe that if the band releases an album and will be heavily promoted by their record company, will not be able to  fill up an arena?

2002 was a disaster cause there was no album and no promotion.

3rd. The reason I still believe in this band is.... cause I'm an optimist...  Wink

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2006, 02:57:51 PM »

1st of all, being pessimistic is not a problem for me, you can be as pessimistic as you want. Jarmo for instant is the most pessimistic person I've seen in this forum.

I don't think you're right about that. Wink

Ozzfest? I don't think so..... Unless they'd just do only a few shows like VR.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Origen
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »

People arn't pessimistic they are realistic  hihi
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.? Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi? ?

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....? and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

sure? Kiss

actually my philly comment wasn?t meant to be that serious......? ? ? but actually the show sold out. i don`t have to fly to philly to know that..............?

it doesn?t matter if phiilly sold out or not at all..... but i thought it was a bad example to proove that even with promotion gnr sold bad.....? ?

no philly didn't sell out. the day of the show they were promoting half-off tickets for the second philly show if you bought tickets to the first show... or something like that... either way they were still trying to get people to buy tickets to the shows, and somewhat desperate i might add...

most of the shows filled up about 6000-8000 seats, which is ok until you consider they were playing in 20,000 seat arenas... although msg was sold out and it was pretty damn incredible...

now you know me better
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »

although msg was sold out and it was pretty damn incredible...

I'd probably be able to sell out MSG.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

sure  Kiss

actually my philly comment wasn?t meant to be that serious......      but actually the show sold out. i don`t have to fly to philly to know that.............. 

it doesn?t matter if phiilly sold out or not at all..... but i thought it was a bad example to proove that even with promotion gnr sold bad.....   

no philly didn't sell out. the day of the show they were promoting half-off tickets for the second philly show if you bought tickets to the first show... or something like that... either way they were still trying to get people to buy tickets to the shows, and somewhat desperate i might add...

most of the shows filled up about 6000-8000 seats, which is ok until you consider they were playing in 20,000 seat arenas... although msg was sold out and it was pretty damn incredible...

i thought it was the second show that didn?t sell out?

and well      i know that the tour was suffering bad sales,  but bringing up philly as an example just striked me hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2006, 04:02:38 PM »

You are right. They will promote an album.
Then the result will be even worse than in 2002.
What a dumb and completely baseless statement. You say that like it's a fact. Have you traveled into the future to enlighten us with this fact?If not, then keep the 'fact' to yourself. Its obvious you made the remark just to draw attention to yourself. You're now on my ignore list.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2006, 04:11:15 PM »

You are right. They will promote an album.
Then the result will be even worse than in 2002.
What a dumb and completely baseless statement. You say that like it's a fact. Have you traveled into the future to enlighten us with this fact?If not, then keep the 'fact' to yourself. Its obvious you made the remark just to draw attention to yourself. You're now on my ignore list.

i like it when there`re people who bring it to the point ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2006, 05:29:14 PM »

I'm indifferent to the rumours in the most of the case and I can't care less about a reunion. I'm a gnr fan of today.

I'm sure you want him to make a re-union, and most of GN'R fans do, but that's clearly not what he's after.

I'm Glad to be a minority (of one?).  Cheesy

Few bands have massive fans before releasing their debut albums. I guess GNR had just a handful of appreciators back in 1985/6. Time didn't stop there. It wouldn't be the same band even if it reunited.

But even if Axl ever disappointed me by abandoning the project, my dream band, to reunite with the old guys, If it happened,  I wouldn't nag the board about the alumni band. NOr would I bash Axl for not doing what I want him to do.
I wouldn't be that UGLY.

Naysayers, Why don't you find another band that satisfies you?
Or better yet, form your ideal band yourself.
There's a saying "if you want the best, do it your self".
WARose
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »

I'm Glad to be a minority (of one?).  Cheesy

you?re not alone ok  you ought to know that better hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2006, 05:52:13 PM »

I know WARose.  ok There're many fans like us. Still some ppl say otherwise. I don't know.
In fact I haven't ever seen a single GNR board dedicated to the old band.

This band should be known!  The songs should be heard! 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »

I can't care less about a reunion. I'm a gnr fan of today.
I feel the same. I'm not interested in rehash. We've been listening to the old stuff since 1987, and I have no interest in seeing it brought back from the dead. Sure, maybe one show or two might be cool. I'm interested in hearing what Axl was able to do after the disintegration of the old band, and to truly hear how the band has 'evolved'. I'm shocked everytime I hear someone say that want a reunion more than they want CD. Why?? What is hearing Jungle again going to accomplish? Even if the old band got together again, the magic is gone. People dont seem to realize it can never be 1987 or 1991 again. People seem to forget how the band was sliding towards irrelevancy in late 92/early 93. The fire was gone The band was literally hanging by a thread. Instead of creating something spectacular to counteract the grunge movement, the world was treated to an irrelevant cover album that literally put the final nail in the coffin of the old bands relevancy. People want that rehashed? Sorry, I'm not interested. Let the old band be remembered for how great it was during the few years they were on top of the world.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2006, 06:14:24 PM »

i think the perfect gnr scenario for me would be this:

Axl releases Chinese Democracy
New Gnr Tour on that album for a yr
Release a follow up to that album
and tour on that album

so lets say thats a 4 yr process....

then at a later time OLD gnr reunite and tour

that for would be the best gnr scenario

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2006, 06:30:57 PM »

I know WARose.  ok There're many fans like us.
You know you can include me! beer

This band should be known!  The songs should be heard! 
Amen to that! peace

sandman
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2006, 06:41:49 PM »

i was at the philly show (which was a friday night). it was a complete sell out in advance of the show.

the second show - two nights later on sunday night - was not selling well at all. so they were offering tickets at ridiculously low prices, if you already bought tix to the first show.

also, album/promotion/single does not guarantee anything. and it certainly doesn't guarantee sell-outs at 20K seat venues.

and it only helps IF the album/single are well received by the public. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2006, 06:43:46 PM »

alright... but given a choice between NOTHING (which is pretty much what we've gotten from Axl and the new GN'R) or a reunion... which would you guys choose?

Personally, I just want to see Guns N' Roses blow up on the world again and get the credit they deserve before they hit freakin' 50 (younggunner, you do realize that according to your plan, Axl would be 48 pushing 49 by the time he gets around to taking the stage with the old band?)... and I've come to feel (in just the last few days) IMHO that they have a he11 of a better chance of doing that via reunion ?than they do with the new band.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2006, 07:15:41 PM »

I can't see GnR touring in a festival like that. either old band or new. Not gonna happen. When GnR goes on tour it'll be to promote C.D. with them headlining solo and a couple no name bands to open. Just like in 2002, but we;ll see more promotion than we did in 2002.
That is why the 2002 tour failed, all rock bands that tour nowadays now they need a good co head lining band to tour with or they wont fill the arenas

what the fuck, if your big enough you don't jack shit as warmup... where do get that from?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2006, 07:21:03 PM »

/jarmo

Oh yes I am...  Grin

I'm just glad you don't show it that much...  hihi

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2006, 07:27:44 PM »

/jarmo

Oh yes I am...? Grin

I'm just glad you don't show it that much...? hihi

they day i see Jarmo excited i'll be smashing and burning cars and make a huge piece which says Chinece Democrasy starts now!!! hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: