Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Any POD XT LIVE Users around here?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any POD XT LIVE Users around here?  (Read 2312 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: March 26, 2006, 03:55:58 PM »

peace
I just got my POD XT LIVE a few days ago, I used to have the POD 2.0, now I?m with the XTL
great sound!!

But I didn?t had time to grub all of it, can someone help me with some doubts I have?

What is:

1. www.line6.com/monkey

2. www.customtone.com

3. www.line6.com/modelpacks

4. www.line6.com/rifftracker

is all FREE? what?s the "need" for all these links?

any help I?ll appreciate!!
thanks Gunners
 Smiley

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:36:17 AM »

I don't have the live version, but I do have the podXT.

The monkey is a config/installation/upgrade-utility (if I remember correctly). It connects to line6 via internet and checks whether you have the latest stuff installed.

Customtone is a website from which you can download yourself new tones. They don't have samples there, so you'll have to download the tone and then try it yourself. But that's cool, 'cause all the sounds sound different depending on the system you run it through. I actually have my POD connected to my soundcard's line in, and ran through my home stereosystem so I can 'mix' myself in other artist's songs.. Works for me.. Especially since I don't have an amp.

The tones downloaded from customtone can be put to your POD  with either Guitarport's software (it's compatible with POD's as well), or then through line6 edit. I use the Guitarport soft, because it has (or at least used to) a better interface.

At the moment Line6 has 3 additional modelpacks you can buy to 'complete' your PodXT. They're $50 each, or you can buy them all together for $100. The 'metal', 'fx' and 'classic'. They bring additional amplifiers, cabinets and effects to POD's arsenal.

I don't know what the rifftracker is, but I'm pretty sure the website will give you a pretty good picture.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:38:54 AM »

Almost forgot... If you run accross/make yourself any interesting tones, let me know, or better yet send 'em to me as well.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »

Is XT the same as XTLive except in different casing?

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:48:04 PM »

thanks skeba
Smiley

2 more things...

how can I save a tone to send to you?  is the same thing to download those tones in the line 6 site?

and the WHA WHA / VOLUME pedal is killing me... I always used just one pedal for wha wha, and in the POD XTL if you press the wha wha, that?s ok, but if you press again to get out of the WHA WHA it pass to the VOLUME, and I ALWAYS forget the VOLUME and I turn down my guitar?s volume ... get it? (sorry so much my english dude lol), can I just let the WHA WHA?

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 01:36:54 PM »

Is XT the same as XTLive except in different casing?

Yeah... the XT is not  a floor model, and requires an additional ffoorpedal to control the thing, if you wanna change tones/use the wah during a song. I haven't gotten around to getting one yet as it's ludicurously over priced.

how can I save a tone to send to you?  is the same thing to download those tones in the line 6 site?

and the WHA WHA / VOLUME pedal is killing me... I always used just one pedal for wha wha, and in the POD XTL if you press the wha wha, that?s ok, but if you press again to get out of the WHA WHA it pass to the VOLUME, and I ALWAYS forget the VOLUME and I turn down my guitar?s volume ... get it? (sorry so much my english dude lol), can I just let the WHA WHA?

Well, you can use the guitarport software to do that. If I remember correctly, there's a 'save to file' option when you've loaded a tone to it.

I really don't know about the pedalthing since I've only had a one for loan for a while, and it was the shortboard that was prolly a bit different. With that I only chose from the PODxt's settings which purpose I wanted to use it for. Plus then you could insert another pedal (just a random bulk pedal) with the original one, and you didn't have to choose..

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »

riff tracker is for guitar port and i beleive the pods. It hooks up to yopur computer and you can record. im like 90% sure of it

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: