Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces  (Read 21823 times)
adlerforever
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2006, 04:21:47 AM »

yeah I was thinking that, but even when people start talking about izzy it always goes back to Steven.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:05 AM »

actually, this isn?t a steven topic, have you noticed? Undecided

Actually, yes. But we were talkin' about how did that Steven-incident affect to Izzy's decision.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2006, 11:02:45 AM »

Yeah Because Izzy said sacking steven was a mistake that most probaly influenced his descision to leave  smoking

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »

Slash has said the sacking of Steven was the beginning of the end. And with Izzy leaving it really turned into Axl's trip cause he and Duff use to "communicate" with Axl thru Izzy. And Duff said that when Izzy was gone the family bond was gone.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

actually, this isn?t a steven topic, have you noticed? Undecided

Actually, yes. But we were talkin' about how did that Steven-incident affect to Izzy's decision.

could be, but still, too much steven talking

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2006, 04:29:37 PM »

Let's supposed Steven hasn't gone and he appear in the UYI albums even though they were destined to be such a great albums after that the drugs abuse and stuff could've been so indispensable that GNR also could've fall apart, I think the major problem was Steven drug abuse and they should've have deal with it first.

No man can be my equal
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2006, 04:49:18 PM »

Let's supposed Steven hasn't gone and he appear in the UYI albums even though they were destined to be such a great albums after that the drugs abuse and stuff could've been so indispensable that GNR also could've fall apart, I think the major problem was Steven drug abuse and they should've have deal with it first.

actually they dealt with it, steven seemed to refuse any help possible, addiction was stronger than the will to remain in the band, sadly.

You can run like a river

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2006, 09:18:38 AM »

actually they dealt with it, steven seemed to refuse any help possible, addiction was stronger than the will to remain in the band, sadly.

Yeah but how much did they deal with it that's the question. Steven's version of the Civil War recording is that they knew he was sick from opium blockers and still they couldn't wait with recording cause it would cost money. Yet it took a year before Axls vocals where finished.

www.gnrinfo.tk

In Their Own Words

Slash: We did "Civil War" with Steve Adler, and before I could put the guitars on, we had to edit the drums because he was so out of time. He couldn't keep his meter together. So it was another one of those situations where I had to judge when he was gonna come in.

Steven: I had to play it like 25 times until it was useable. My timing was so up and down because I was so weak. The whole time I kept telling the guys, "I don?t feel good, I?m really down" and they kept saying "You're just fucked up", "I?m not fucked up!" I was sick from an opiate blocker I got from a doctor that Doug Goldstein took me too. I think he knew what effect it would have on me...I wanted to wait another week or so before we went in to the studio to record. Slash says that we couldn?t waste the money, and we had to do it that day. They all knew I was sick....it?s a great song, it came out great, but I?m sure had I not been in the position that they put me in I would have nailed it in one take. Slash called me on a Thursday, knowing that I was sick, and said "We?re going in the studio this weekend" I said "dude, you know I can?t go, I?m sick from this bullshit medication". He said we can?t waste the money, an I said don?t even tell me about wasting money, we know somebody who wasted plenty of fucking money! If one of them was sick, it would have been postponed! We just weren't a team anymore.

Both Slash and Izzy have stated that firing Steven was a mistake... what more do you want?

Anyways, I wish Steven was on all the UYI songs. They wouldn't sound so stiff with him on drums..

"They were written with Steve playing the drums and his sense of swing was the push and pull that give the songs their feel. When that was gone, it was just...unbeliev- able,weird. Nothing worked." - Izzy Stradlin' 1992
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:20:31 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2006, 09:50:39 AM »

so the main reason, behind gn?r falling to pieces was firing steven? Izzy?s departure was a consecuence of that? I agree it could be, besides if Izzy says so, it?s that way.

You can run like a river

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2006, 09:55:30 AM »

No no, I wouldn't go that far Grin Imo the main reason behind GN'R falling to pieces is the departure of Izzy... he was the glue that held everything together.

And Izzy's departure was because of a number of things; The firing Steven, Axl's tantrums and Slash/Duff drugs and booze abuse. He just didn't enjoy it anymore and he left.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lobby/1117/duffsbeautif3.html

MG: Was it the drugs? 

DM: Not so much. You know what it was? It was the fame. It was the press. It was the almost unlimited power. We got too f.ckin' huge, too fast. It got so big, so fast, that in most countries, we couldn't even go out after the show when we were on tour. I remember we'd all be sittin' in the damn hotel room watching CNN just to see what was going on. It was that kind of isolation, that kind of fame ? And, of course, us trying so hard to be bad boys like The Rolling Stones. For me, personally, it was one of the darkest points of my life when we were that big. It was so unreal. Izzy left halfway through the Illusions tour. We still were holding on to that band family thing. And like a trooper, he came back out on the road with us -- even though his heart wasn't in it -- when Gilby broke his wrist. Later, he told me we were like zombies. Nobody on the stage was even talking to each other. It wasn't because we hated each other, we were just kind of going through the motions. So scary. In Europe and South America, especially, it was fanatical, and we were just dazed. WE WERE F.CKING ZOMBIES! Izzy couldn't believe the change. I mean, we were hell-bent on doing whatever we had to do to continue. There were riots in the streets. We couldn't go from our cars to the gig. That shit scared the hell out of me. Yet, through it all, I still thought we were gonna pull it together after we got off that long tour. It started to happen again for a second for us. I got excited again ? For about a minute. But no, it was just too big a business, and none of us had the training for that. 

MG: At what point did you think it was gonna come back together? 

DM: We started going to Slash's house. I'd gone out on the road promoting my first solo record [1993's Believe In Me]. I was touring Europe and Japan, then I got sick. That's when I started visiting Slash at his house. He has a little studio there and we had a batch of songs. But ya' know what? Without Izzy, we just weren't writing the old way. We had a bunch of great songs, but the way we used to write wasn't all sitting in a room and trying to force ourselves to be a family. We just were But there was a point up there where it was looking good and we started cranking out songs, but it just started falling apart
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:57:45 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »

yeah that?s my opinion, Izzy left and it all fell apart, due to many reasons, i totally agree, and it makes me so happy that they were a family, and i like the way duff and slash speak of him, that shows the real value of izzystradlin.
and so sad that they arenot together

You can run like a river

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2006, 10:46:31 AM »

Yeah I think so that Izzy was the one that kept the guns together after he's gone, hell broke loose  no

No man can be my equal
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2006, 05:00:34 AM »

Hell Yeah he was <When he decided he hah <had enough of it there wasn't any hope of the band staying together no

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: