Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFER CLOSED! Guns N'Roses New York Ticket Pre-sale - Details  (Read 166772 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1660 on: April 20, 2006, 11:47:02 AM »

pilferk, how close is the rail to the stage on the floor?

What Big Deech said...usually, anyway.

About 4 to 6 feet from the stage, at the 6 concerts I've been to there. ?Whether they move that out a bit to satisfy Axl or not is another question, entirely. ? But I suspect not.

The ENTIRE ballroom, from stem to stern, is, if I remember the stats right, 175 feet long (a bit more 1/2 a football field). ?That includes the stage, itself, which is about 25 feet deep, and only about 55 feet wide

If you've ever been to an arena show (and I know you all have)....an official NHL Hockey rink is about 200 feet long...which is typically the size of the floor section (less the stage, of course) of an average sized arena.

Add to that the fact the Mezz's are "theater style" (sloped) seating so you don' thave to try to see over the people in front of you....

I can't wait til many of you fuckers, who've never seen this legendary venue, get to see this place...and better yet, see GnR there.

I'll bet most of you are beyond impressed.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:50:40 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1661 on: April 20, 2006, 11:47:50 AM »

I have heard from a "source" that shows may be added on? Saturday and Sunday ok

I think maybe Friday and Sunday.

Together again,
Dianachka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1662 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

I got 4 for MEZZ2....I guess it's good enough. I'll try again tomorrow though for something better. Last time i bought tickets for MSG and got a sections in the 200s then the day of the show i walked up to the box office and they had Front Row seats (i thought i was on E the moment I heard it). So maybe the day of the show is the day to look if you didn't get a chance.

D
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1663 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »

i cant see Axl doing 3 shows in a row...

and 4 shows in 5 days.....thats askin for a riot

I know that everyone is gonna call bullshit, and I don't blame them. But my friend works in the concert industry in NYC. .I have tickets for the 15th. I hope it happens to drive down the demand from scalpers peace

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1664 on: April 20, 2006, 11:50:29 AM »

the only proble dianka is that this is a club show

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1665 on: April 20, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »

I know that everyone is gonna call bullshit, and I don't blame them. But my friend works in the concert industry in NYC. .I have tickets for the 15th. I hope it happens to drive down the demand from scalpers

i believe it.,...makes sense...but it might not makes sense for gnr...idk...but hopefully it happens

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1666 on: April 20, 2006, 11:52:54 AM »

I got 4 for MEZZ2....I guess it's good enough. I'll try again tomorrow though for something better. Last time i bought tickets for MSG and got a sections in the 200s then the day of the show i walked up to the box office and they had Front Row seats (i thought i was on E the moment I heard it). So maybe the day of the show is the day to look if you didn't get a chance.

D

It's possible, but not as likely.

Stuff like that happens with arena shows because they release tickets after the stage and equipment is set up and they have an idea of what is and is not going to be "open area" or unobstructed. ?That doesn't happen much in club shows, because there's no stage and not much ancillary "stuff" to set up.

Together again,
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1667 on: April 20, 2006, 11:53:48 AM »

i cant see Axl doing 3 shows in a row...

and 4 shows in 5 days.....thats askin for a riot
well, I can't see him tour for 2 months straight without having 'problems' of any kind either...... I hope it works....I so hope he's gonna reclaim his crown. Go Axl!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #1668 on: April 20, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »

I gotta say I'd be surprised if they add any more shows since these are supposed to be "warm ups" for the big tour.  But you never know.  You guys that get tickets are in for a treat though, as others have said the Hammerstein is one of the best small venues anywhere.  It should be a blast.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1669 on: April 20, 2006, 12:00:28 PM »

I gotta say I'd be surprised if they add any more shows since these are supposed to be "warm ups" for the big tour.? But you never know.? You guys that get tickets are in for a treat though, as others have said the Hammerstein is one of the best small venues anywhere.? It should be a blast.

IMHO, it is THE best small venue on the east coast, and maybe the best in the country (there's a couple of LA club venues that give it a run for it's money...but they're not as..I don't know..."classy" as this place).  Definitely one of the best in the world.

It's intimate, the acoustics are legendary, the atmosphere is almost palpable, and the history of the place is just down right fucking interesting.  Seeing a band in an almost "operatic" (if that's a word) setting is almost surreal.

Together again,
swallabr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1670 on: April 20, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »

can anyone hook me up with 2 tickets to either date???  face value would be nice....
Dianachka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1671 on: April 20, 2006, 12:06:03 PM »

yea i doubt they will have "last min" tickets for this one...but maybe, you never know. I would def check ticketmaster out on the 15th (sometimes they just hold them).

Also...I was completely gone while opening a million pages so i cant recall if i was offered to get the tickets printed out (which i prefer since it is cheaper)...so I picked FedEx...was I blind...or did they really not offer any printed tickets?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1672 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »

Also...I was completely gone while opening a million pages so i cant recall if i was offered to get the tickets printed out (which i prefer since it is cheaper)...so I picked FedEx...was I blind...or did they really not offer any printed tickets?

Yeah, I checked out just as fast as I could, so I got FedEx too dammit.  I really don't NEED them that fast, but oh well.  Printing the tickets was not allowed for this presale.  I'm pretty sure it said that the option was not available.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1673 on: April 20, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »

check this SHIT out:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=+guns+hammerstein&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

ASSHOLES!!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1674 on: April 20, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »

can anyone hook me up with 2 tickets to either date?Huh face value would be nice....

you probably have a better chance of seeing god than seeing these tix for face Cry
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1675 on: April 20, 2006, 12:22:58 PM »

I got 4 tickets for monday, and  I bought one for myself for weds, Hope everyone had luck.. if not come by monday to teh pre party, if I have I'll sell you them face value
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1676 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25:11 PM »

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE SEAT, SIMPLY TYPE IN THE AMOUNT YOU WANT IN THE QUANTITY BOX. ALL SEATS PURCHASED WILL BE SIDE BY SIDE AND WILL ONLY BE CHARGED A ONE TIME SHIPPING FEE

these scalpers are able to sell as many tix as they want to......   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1677 on: April 20, 2006, 12:27:10 PM »

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE SEAT, SIMPLY TYPE IN THE AMOUNT YOU WANT IN THE QUANTITY BOX. ALL SEATS PURCHASED WILL BE SIDE BY SIDE AND WILL ONLY BE CHARGED A ONE TIME SHIPPING FEE

these scalpers are able to sell as many tix as they want to......? ?

Interesting disclaimer...considering there are not "seats". Smiley

How do you make that promise when the seating is GA?  The scalper gonna go and clear out paths to keep people together?

Together again,
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1678 on: April 20, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »

these scalpers are able to sell as many tix as they want to......   

Interesting disclaimer...considering there are not "seats". Smiley

How do you make that promise when the seating is GA?  The scalper gonna go and clear out paths to keep people together?

I imagine this is a standard block disclaimer that they use for every show they sell.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1679 on: April 20, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

i bet people who got the password here are selling their tickets for big bucks.. no
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: