Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Megadeth
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 141267 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 09:19:52 PM »

Is Mustaine on guitar - has he recovered from his injury? Megadeth without Mustaine on guitar would be a sorry sight
That's about the same as LA Guns without Tracii Guns. It just doesnt make sense. I thought Dave Mustaine said a few years back that he was Done with Megadeath for good and looking to start something new?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 10:08:46 PM »

Man this is a huge surprise! wasn?t expecting anything, ANYTHING at all from Megadeth but I?ll receive it with arms wide open.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 02:55:37 AM »

Is Mustaine on guitar - has he recovered from his injury? Megadeth without Mustaine on guitar would be a sorry sight
That's about the same as LA Guns without Tracii Guns. It just doesnt make sense. I thought Dave Mustaine said a few years back that he was Done with Megadeath for good and looking to start something new?

Yeah - on the official Megadeth site Mustaine did a press release where he said due to his injury he was quitting Megadeth (quitting from his own band, crazy) and that the band was officially dissolved and he was going to spend more time with his family......

Now it seems he's back but whether or not he's able to play guitar.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 05:56:16 AM »

Chris Poland plays on the album ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 09:48:41 AM »

A lot of info. on the new album and some other stuff.

http://www.unearthed.com/news/2004/07/0000034708.shtml

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 01:29:36 PM »

MUSTAINE selected nearly a dozen songs from some 150 that he had compiled over the years, keeping them under wraps for the ideal opportunity.

Great! Its a ''best of the b sides'' Roll Eyes This isn't a new album at all but all the stuff which was never good enough before......

Apparently its Poland who plays lead so i'd imagine Mustaine can't play anymore........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 03:20:57 PM »

MUSTAINE selected nearly a dozen songs from some 150 that he had compiled over the years, keeping them under wraps for the ideal opportunity.

Great! Its a ''best of the b sides'' Roll Eyes This isn't a new album at all but all the stuff which was never good enough before......

Apparently its Poland who plays lead so i'd imagine Mustaine can't play anymore........

Dave was always the rhythm player of the band, who occasionaly did a solo.....what the fuck, is it the cool thing of the month to be pissed off and grumpy around here? Cheesy Roll Eyes
b-sides or not, it still may be the best shit they have released, why don't you listen to it before you put your ever positive comments on a thread about it....Im only suggesting

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 04:59:46 PM »

The albums sounds good. It has a Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero vibe.

Nick Menza is back with Mustaine, he's gonna tour, but the drum tracks were recorded by Vinnie Colaiuta. 

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
POPmetal
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2004, 05:02:18 PM »

Def Leppard's Retro Active was basically a best of b-sides with a couple of covers thrown in, but I think you would agree that it turned out to be one of their best albums  Wink
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2004, 06:36:06 PM »

Poland only plays short leads on two or 3 songs...ALL other guitar on the record is Mustaine, and holy jesus does he shred
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 09:03:12 PM »

some info http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=26006

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 09:47:46 PM »

Fuck Yeah, I used to love megadeth. I had everything from killing is my business to cryptic writings and then kind of lsot interst for a little while. I rediscovered how much I liked them a few months ago This si great news. Ellefson is still in right? They do go thru a ton of members. Friedman was awesome.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2004, 11:45:49 PM »

Ellefson is unfortunately NOT in Megadeth any longer...He and The General are currently involved in some UGLY  legal wranglings over the nature of their business partnership and how it ended....sounds vaguely familiar.....
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 01:05:22 AM »

fuckin bullshit. No ellefson sucks. I just after reading about a new album I looked up info on megadeth and found out mustaine has become a born again now too or some bullshit. That and no ellefson brings it all down for me.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
POPmetal
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2004, 04:35:30 AM »

Whatever happened to listening to music and liking or disliking it for what it is Huh

Nowadays, it seems all people care about is who is in a band or not, and bullshit like whether they still do drugs? Roll Eyes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2004, 06:23:39 AM »

Dave was always the rhythm player of the band, who occasionaly did a solo.....what the fuck, is it the cool thing of the month to be pissed off and grumpy around here? Cheesy Roll Eyes
b-sides or not, it still may be the best shit they have released, why don't you listen to it before you put your ever positive comments on a thread about it....Im only suggesting

What's ur problem? I haven't said anything bad about it Huh I am somewhat disappointed its not actually a new album but surely so is everyone? And these are b sides - read the direct quote again from Mustiane himself, so whats ur problem?

Mustaine played rhythm live but on their albuma did much of the lead work.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2004, 12:44:40 PM »

fuckin bullshit. No ellefson sucks. I just after reading about a new album I looked up info on megadeth and found out mustaine has become a born again now too or some bullshit. That and no ellefson brings it all down for me.

Resist the impulse of ignorance and at least listen to the record....There are some Risk-Cryptic Writing Era pop elements on a bunch of songs, to be sure, but overall, it's a great return for the band...There's some nice time shifts, sharp riffing, and lots of Mustaine shredding.  Don't forget, those songs that are a bit more subdued will sound infinitely better live with the beast that is Nick Menza....just give it a shot..If you listened to it and had no prior knowledge of Ellefson's lack of involvement, you wouldn't even realize he wasn't there....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 12:46:47 PM by oneway23 » Logged
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2004, 12:53:56 PM »

What's ur problem? I haven't said anything bad about it Huh I am somewhat disappointed its not actually a new album but surely so is everyone? And these are b sides - read the direct quote again from Mustiane himself, so whats ur problem?

Mustaine played rhythm live but on their albuma did much of the lead work.......

Where's the quote about these songs being b-sides?  Considering the band has already released a b-sides/rarities collection and has b-sides on the corresponding new re-masters, I doubt this to be the case.  What Mustaine has actually been saying about the record is that a lot of these songs emerged out of riffs that he had worked on and never re-examined....He still went back and had to write the complete song, arrange it, and write lyrics.  You're making it sound as if these songs were locked away in Capitol's vault somewhere...
POPmetal
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 01:52:45 PM »

I don't know where this b-sides thing comes from either. According to Blabermouth, the songs were recorded recently at Phase Four studios. It seems like some of them may have been written over the years, but they were not recorded or released, so they can't be b-sides.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 01:54:33 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 02:52:35 PM »

I don't know where this b-sides thing comes from either. According to Blabermouth, the songs were recorded recently at Phase Four studios. It seems like some of them may have been written over the years, but they were not recorded or released, so they can't be b-sides.

That's what it said. Sound's like what other band would call b sides - but as ever, if it rocks i won't care.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: