Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:51:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES  (Read 35165 times)
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« on: April 20, 2006, 11:17:14 AM »

THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006 

Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead, who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Craig expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew."

Craig's THE ALIEN BLAKK project, which also features contributions from former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM drummer Craig Nielsen, will release its debut album, entitled "Modes of Alienation", in the U.S. on April 25. The CD is described as "a frenetic mix of FRANK ZAPPA meets MESHUGGAH with a hint of GUNS N' ROSES." The styles range from metal, latin-jazz, country, rock, classical then back to a wall of acoustically composed arrangements. All music on "Modes of Alienation" was produced, written, arranged and recorded in three diffrent locations by Joshua Craig and was mixed at Steve Vai's The Mothership recording studio.

For more information, visit www.thealienblakk.com.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek. 

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:09 AM »

Alien Blakk plan on touring in June. Although I believe they haven't confirmed dates.

This proves that GnR are actively looking for a new guitarist and that the position as of last week still hadn't been filled.
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »

This is BS.
Less than a month to the first gig and they are still looking for a third guitarist? No chance.
BigDeech
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:42 AM »

I'd love to see Axl and a bunch of unkown/no names. Better than a freak show.

It would be awesome to fall in love with a new guitarist like this.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 11:27:01 AM »

http://www.joshuacraigpodolsky.com/bites.html

HE is pretty good.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »

Yet another rumor to add to the list, although this has an official source.

Not like all the Slash/John 5 rubbish.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:31:02 AM »

sounds like bullshit, they have too many shows booked not to have a guitarist,
they would be setting themselves up for a repeat of 2002 (cancelled tour)
this would be worst thing in the world for the bands rep, the promotors and the fans

this Alien guy is just using Guns N Roses to promote his new CD
make sure you run out and but it now
this will probably be where the majority of his sales come from

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
mr_gonella
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »

The sound from the his web site seens to me cool.. like some songs from Guns N` Roses..sure not identic. But there is some thing...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »

he's way to ugly :x

Chinese Democracy!
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »

Can we know when (if really) this Craig said that?
It can be something the guy said weeks ago, cause if they are looking for a guitarist to walk BH shoes, i would say a lot of reaherseals would be in order, not that i ever heard him so don't know how good he is, but the rest of the band is already working on it and it's less than a month for NY show.
I wan't to believe that they need a 3? guitar player to do live what BH record for the album, and not that they need 3 guitars for the music they're making, CD is not finished and it's going to be rerecord again ?Undecided
I was getting so hopefull with all the hype from next month...the shows....27th of may....new album in my hands....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:12 AM »

Wonder what the odds of him joining are since he made it public that he auditioned...

Nobody else has announced it and I bet they've auditioned more than one guy,

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »

Wonder what the odds of him joining are since he made it public that he auditioned...

/jarmo

Yeah he is prob out now. I still think John 5 is gonna be the guy

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

i hope he doesnt get it...

i want buckettttttttttttttttttt

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mr_gonella
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:01 AM »

another point.. why did we hear about the rehearse of Guns N' Roses. Seens to me stranger because the last Tommy Interview he didn't speak anything about..this is no so secret, why didn't he speak?

what do u guess?
Eric
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »

/jarmo

Do you think he got the vibe it didn't go well? I'm sure they tell him don't go public, do you think he already got a call back saying "thanks but no thanks"? Interesting. I would love to know who else auditioned. Also, do you think Dave Navarro could just walk in and get it? Axl loves him
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 11:46:22 AM »

I wonder if he made Slash audition?
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:13 AM »

I don't know.... the truth is I like John 5 or Dave Navarro......

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:30 AM »

I have no idea what he was told, but I do remember what happened to the Bumblefoot guy:

October 12th, 2004
GN'R Set the Record Straight

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 12, 2004--There have been numerous reports over the last few weeks from various sources claiming that one person or another has been invited to join Guns N' Roses. To set the record straight no one - we repeat no one - has been invited to join the band. We would normally not respond to rumours but it is wrong to allow a few self publicists the platform to mislead the media and Guns N' Roses fans. We will let you know when there is credible news on this subject.

Source(s): http://www.businesswire.com/    

Thanks to: Mysteron

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

it's not weird for a big band to do such late auditions. When there's chemistry going, there's chemistry going. Whether your 5 minutes in the band, or 5 years. Ofcourse, one needs time to glue, but for a professional musician it shouldn't be a problem on such short notice.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:08 AM »

? THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006?

Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead, who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Craig expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew."

Craig's THE ALIEN BLAKK project, which also features contributions from former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM drummer Craig Nielsen, will release its debut album, entitled "Modes of Alienation", in the U.S. on April 25. The CD is described as "a frenetic mix of FRANK ZAPPA meets MESHUGGAH with a hint of GUNS N' ROSES." The styles range from metal, latin-jazz, country, rock, classical then back to a wall of acoustically composed arrangements. All music on "Modes of Alienation" was produced, written, arranged and recorded in three diffrent locations by Joshua Craig and was mixed at Steve Vai's The Mothership recording studio.

For more information, visit www.thealienblakk.com.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek.?

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

That just makes it seem way to fake for me... do we really think this guy is going to send out a press release cause he auditioned for a band. ?I could see if he mentioned it in an interview but you don't go out and actively advertise it...

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: