Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES  (Read 35112 times)
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« on: April 20, 2006, 11:17:14 AM »

THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006 

Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead, who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Craig expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew."

Craig's THE ALIEN BLAKK project, which also features contributions from former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM drummer Craig Nielsen, will release its debut album, entitled "Modes of Alienation", in the U.S. on April 25. The CD is described as "a frenetic mix of FRANK ZAPPA meets MESHUGGAH with a hint of GUNS N' ROSES." The styles range from metal, latin-jazz, country, rock, classical then back to a wall of acoustically composed arrangements. All music on "Modes of Alienation" was produced, written, arranged and recorded in three diffrent locations by Joshua Craig and was mixed at Steve Vai's The Mothership recording studio.

For more information, visit www.thealienblakk.com.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek. 

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:09 AM »

Alien Blakk plan on touring in June. Although I believe they haven't confirmed dates.

This proves that GnR are actively looking for a new guitarist and that the position as of last week still hadn't been filled.
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »

This is BS.
Less than a month to the first gig and they are still looking for a third guitarist? No chance.
BigDeech
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:42 AM »

I'd love to see Axl and a bunch of unkown/no names. Better than a freak show.

It would be awesome to fall in love with a new guitarist like this.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 11:27:01 AM »

http://www.joshuacraigpodolsky.com/bites.html

HE is pretty good.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »

Yet another rumor to add to the list, although this has an official source.

Not like all the Slash/John 5 rubbish.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:31:02 AM »

sounds like bullshit, they have too many shows booked not to have a guitarist,
they would be setting themselves up for a repeat of 2002 (cancelled tour)
this would be worst thing in the world for the bands rep, the promotors and the fans

this Alien guy is just using Guns N Roses to promote his new CD
make sure you run out and but it now
this will probably be where the majority of his sales come from

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
mr_gonella
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »

The sound from the his web site seens to me cool.. like some songs from Guns N` Roses..sure not identic. But there is some thing...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »

he's way to ugly :x

Chinese Democracy!
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »

Can we know when (if really) this Craig said that?
It can be something the guy said weeks ago, cause if they are looking for a guitarist to walk BH shoes, i would say a lot of reaherseals would be in order, not that i ever heard him so don't know how good he is, but the rest of the band is already working on it and it's less than a month for NY show.
I wan't to believe that they need a 3? guitar player to do live what BH record for the album, and not that they need 3 guitars for the music they're making, CD is not finished and it's going to be rerecord again ?Undecided
I was getting so hopefull with all the hype from next month...the shows....27th of may....new album in my hands....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:12 AM »

Wonder what the odds of him joining are since he made it public that he auditioned...

Nobody else has announced it and I bet they've auditioned more than one guy,

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »

Wonder what the odds of him joining are since he made it public that he auditioned...

/jarmo

Yeah he is prob out now. I still think John 5 is gonna be the guy

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

i hope he doesnt get it...

i want buckettttttttttttttttttt

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mr_gonella
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:01 AM »

another point.. why did we hear about the rehearse of Guns N' Roses. Seens to me stranger because the last Tommy Interview he didn't speak anything about..this is no so secret, why didn't he speak?

what do u guess?
Eric
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »

/jarmo

Do you think he got the vibe it didn't go well? I'm sure they tell him don't go public, do you think he already got a call back saying "thanks but no thanks"? Interesting. I would love to know who else auditioned. Also, do you think Dave Navarro could just walk in and get it? Axl loves him
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 11:46:22 AM »

I wonder if he made Slash audition?
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:13 AM »

I don't know.... the truth is I like John 5 or Dave Navarro......

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:30 AM »

I have no idea what he was told, but I do remember what happened to the Bumblefoot guy:

October 12th, 2004
GN'R Set the Record Straight

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 12, 2004--There have been numerous reports over the last few weeks from various sources claiming that one person or another has been invited to join Guns N' Roses. To set the record straight no one - we repeat no one - has been invited to join the band. We would normally not respond to rumours but it is wrong to allow a few self publicists the platform to mislead the media and Guns N' Roses fans. We will let you know when there is credible news on this subject.

Source(s): http://www.businesswire.com/    

Thanks to: Mysteron

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

it's not weird for a big band to do such late auditions. When there's chemistry going, there's chemistry going. Whether your 5 minutes in the band, or 5 years. Ofcourse, one needs time to glue, but for a professional musician it shouldn't be a problem on such short notice.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:08 AM »

? THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006?

Boston-based guitarist Joshua Craig was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead, who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Craig expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew."

Craig's THE ALIEN BLAKK project, which also features contributions from former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM drummer Craig Nielsen, will release its debut album, entitled "Modes of Alienation", in the U.S. on April 25. The CD is described as "a frenetic mix of FRANK ZAPPA meets MESHUGGAH with a hint of GUNS N' ROSES." The styles range from metal, latin-jazz, country, rock, classical then back to a wall of acoustically composed arrangements. All music on "Modes of Alienation" was produced, written, arranged and recorded in three diffrent locations by Joshua Craig and was mixed at Steve Vai's The Mothership recording studio.

For more information, visit www.thealienblakk.com.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek.?

That just makes it seem way to fake for me... do we really think this guy is going to send out a press release cause he auditioned for a band. ?I could see if he mentioned it in an interview but you don't go out and actively advertise it...

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 11:52:26 AM »

it's not weird for a big band to do such late auditions. When there's chemistry going, there's chemistry going. Whether your 5 minutes in the band, or 5 years. Ofcourse, one needs time to glue, but for a professional musician it shouldn't be a problem on such short notice.

but what if they don't find anyone who gets the chemistry going. I don't think they'd book all these shows if there was a chance the band wouldn't be ready. Everyone involved with GnR have too much riding on this to risk it failing before it starts.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:28 AM »

Since he went public, I would say this guy is out before he is in!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Eric
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 11:55:01 AM »

I'm sure publicity has something to do with it, today he's on blabbermouth, and the GNR community is talking about him
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »

no way. this clown's full of shheeit.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 11:57:12 AM »

but what if they don't find anyone who gets the chemistry going. I don't think they'd book all these shows if there was a chance the band wouldn't be ready. Everyone involved with GnR have too much riding on this to risk it failing before it starts.

true..... I just don't know dude ?Undecided ?I think they will do fine with just Richard and Finck.... but perhaps Axl does have a third guitarist up his sleeve....

we shall see soon I guess

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »

Hope this is fake! Doesn't bode well if GNR are still looking for a guitarist at this stage  Sad

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »

Since he went public, I would say this guy is out before he is in!

unless the dude auditioned just to get publicity or his band---maybe he thinks by putting it out there that he auditioned for axl rose, people will check his shit out

not a bad strategy, it seems.

then again, if i were in an indie or non-mainstream band and i had the oppurtunity to make  more money in 19 dates with guns than i ever had with my own gig, id be very careful not to blow it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 12:03:52 PM by NickNasty06: Chinese Stew » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 12:02:53 PM »

That just makes it seem way to fake for me... do we really think this guy is going to send out a press release cause he auditioned for a band.  I could see if he mentioned it in an interview but you don't go out and actively advertise it...

Well think about it, The guy just plugged his band who have a debut album coming out. Just think how many hits their site will get by the end of the day.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »

Hope this is fake! Doesn't bode well if GNR are still looking for a guitarist at this stage  Sad

i wouldnt be terribly concerned. they wouldnt have booked all these dates, plus two warm-up gigs which will be packed with some of the most die-hard fans on thhe planet (thanks to the pre-sale) if they didnt have a back-up plan.

my guess is that in rehearals, richard and robin are just alternating leads and rythm on everthing, on the assumption that they will be the two guys. hell, even if a 3rd guitarist enters the game at this point, given the short time-frame, i'd still expect at least for the start of the tour to see robin and richard being featured more as the other guy catches up.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 12:17:44 PM »

Yes he did, and we know what happend "well Slash you're a great guittar player but i don't like your atitude banging on my door 5 o'clock in the mourning n sayn sheet about you're band mates well now Brain is affraid you hate him and Tommy's wondering if he need's to show you an xray of his spine, i don't think it's going to work out".
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »

Yes he did, and we know what happend "well Slash you're a great guittar player but i don't like your atitude banging on my door 5 o'clock in the mourning n sayn sheet about you're band mates well now Brain is affraid you hate him and Tommy's wondering if he need's to show you an xray of his spine, i don't think it's going to work out".

"And you think I'm a fraud."

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »

i was looking forward to finding out if they had a third guitarist but if they are only just picking one now,less than a month before the shows,then thats gotta effect the release date for CD.i was hoping that they had someone lined up for a while who might of had time to redo buckets parts.

on another note i still feel john 5 could be in already  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 12:34:08 PM »

breaking news - I audtioned too!!   Shocked

Saul Bailey Unknown Internet Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006

Home & Internet-based guitarist Saul Bailey of HTGTH.COM Msg Boards was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead (ironically Sauls HERO), who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Saul expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew. But the fact is I'll never play Silkworms live cause that song sucks , therefore I dont think I'll get the job."

Saul's Internet message board sarcasm project, which also features contributions from James Loften and KIllingVector and YoungGunner, will continue to post various sarcastic remarks on GNR message boards all over the internet including Sauls infamous one hit wonder (blank) starts now , which he grew to fame with.. The sarcasm is described as "a frenetic mix of dry wit meets stupidity with a hint of genuis." The styles range from off color, dry, one liners, story telling, and some thought provoking commentary. All of Saul's posts on "HTGTH" was produced, written, arranged and recorded on his laptop from diffrent locations , such as his bed , kitchen , bathroom etc etc , depending on what time of the day it is , all written  by Saul and was mixed with some Jack and Coke.

For more information, visit www.buckethead.tk.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek.

Mysteron , you can confirm this at any time.  hihi  rofl

Peace guys!  peace

Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »

Dave Navarro turned them down in '99 correct?

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »

Yeah, he wanted to do his fag-ass solo shit instead.  hihi

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »

Thanks for that. I needed to laugh on such a shitty day for me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »

Goddamn I wish Buckethead was in...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »

breaking news - I audtioned too!!? ?Shocked

Saul Bailey Unknown Internet Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006

Home & Internet-based guitarist Saul Bailey of HTGTH.COM Msg Boards was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead (ironically Sauls HERO), who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Saul expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew. But the fact is I'll never play Silkworms live cause that song sucks , therefore I dont think I'll get the job."

Saul's Internet message board sarcasm project, which also features contributions from James Loften and KIllingVector and YoungGunner, will continue to post various sarcastic remarks on GNR message boards all over the internet including Sauls infamous one hit wonder (blank) starts now , which he grew to fame with.. The sarcasm is described as "a frenetic mix of dry wit meets stupidity with a hint of genuis." The styles range from off color, dry, one liners, story telling, and some thought provoking commentary. All of Saul's posts on "HTGTH" was produced, written, arranged and recorded on his laptop from diffrent locations , such as his bed , kitchen , bathroom etc etc , depending on what time of the day it is , all written? by Saul and was mixed with some Jack and Coke.

Mysteron , you can confirm this at any time.? hihi? rofl

Peace guys!? peace

Bravo Saul!  Thats by far the best laugh I've had all day. rofl

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »

no he turned them down back in the early-mid 90s, after Gilby got the sack I think. he joined RHCP instead, which I must say was a good decision, since they actually released an (very underrated) album.
he was only making a guest appearance in 99.

Edit: and his solo album is actually damn good. listen to it before you comment dude..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 01:07:58 PM »

The guy seems pretty cool, it'd be nice to see him or someone like him get a shot to join and establish themself with Axl's band.

I think most are fooling themselves if they think a "name" guy is going to leave a positive current situation to take the gig...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »

breaking news - I audtioned too!!? ?Shocked

Saul's Internet message board sarcasm project, which also features contributions from James Loften and KIllingVector and YoungGunner, will continue to post various sarcastic remarks on GNR message boards all over the internet including Sauls infamous one hit wonder (blank) starts now , which he grew to fame with.. The sarcasm is described as "a frenetic mix of dry wit meets stupidity with a hint of genuis." The styles range from off color, dry, one liners, story telling, and some thought provoking commentary. All of Saul's posts on "HTGTH" was produced, written, arranged and recorded on his laptop from diffrent locations , such as his bed , kitchen , bathroom etc etc , depending on what time of the day it is , all written? by Saul and was mixed with some Jack and Coke.

Mysteron , you can confirm this at any time.? hihi? rofl

Peace guys!? peace

Saul in Gn'R....? Undecided

I guess now we know Better.... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »

IF they hired a 3rd guitar player, I would be fine with Paul Huge on rythm, and Finck + Fortus on Lead.
What about Paul Huge? What he is doing? He was pretty good at RIR 3.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 01:30:25 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »

What about Paul Huge? What he is doing?

Last I heard he was the late night drive thru manager at a Wendy's in Northern Indiana.......
Eric
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »

I think he was also asked right before Gilby came on-I just read someone saying that
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »

I think he was also asked right before Gilby came on-I just read someone saying that

Yeah, I think he was asked and he said he'd do it, but he never showed up. He's a cool guy, but a little wierd at the same time... Tongue

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 01:51:44 PM »

What about Paul Huge? What he is doing?

Last I heard he was the late night drive thru manager at a Wendy's in Northern Lafayette.......

Without Paul there would be no more Guns N' Roses... Kiss

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 02:02:04 PM »

Yeah, he wanted to do his fag-ass solo shit instead.? hihi

Thanks for that. I needed to laugh on such a shitty day for me.

No prob'.? ok

no he turned them down back in the early-mid 90s, after Gilby got the sack I think. he joined RHCP instead, which I must say was a good decision, since they actually released an (very underrated) album.

Edit: and his solo album is actually damn good. listen to it before you comment dude..

FYI - I have heard it, and it's quite gay.

Glad someone likes it though.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »

That was basically the worst RHCP album. Even Anthony Kiedes said he's a good player, he just didn't fit in with them. Wow, and your name here is Hilel Slovak??

Solo stuff was good, I saw him live as well. But he's doing that show again this summer "Rock Star" where they pick a singer (last year for INXS). I know, he could bail out..
Eric
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 02:27:43 PM »

I like Dave Navarro, think he would be a great fir, but he seems to jump around a lot-only lasted for w/chili peppers for one album, and Janes Addiction split last year on what seemed like bad terms-don't forget solo album that seemed to take forever to come out-I'm sorry, I'm getting off topic here.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 03:29:42 PM »

Rumor has it that Esteban is the new GNR guitarist.   They say that he will be taping his newest infomercial immediately after the show,  so those that would like to stick around after the show and absorb Esteban's knowledge of the guitar are welcome to do so.   You will also be able to buy one of his guitars for $199.00.    I CAN'T WAIT !!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 03:32:34 PM »

sp1at just confimed that there is a guy named saul and he does own a laptop.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2006, 07:57:39 AM »

That was basically the worst RHCP album. Even Anthony Kiedes said he's a good player, he just didn't fit in with them. Wow, and your name here is Hilel Slovak??

Solo stuff was good, I saw him live as well. But he's doing that show again this summer "Rock Star" where they pick a singer (last year for INXS). I know, he could bail out..

yeah, only cos my name is Hillel doesn't mean I have to hate Dave...Im not like the stupid part of the GNR fans who has to pick sides between Axl and Slash.
the Peppers themselves kinda wrote off the OHM album cos they were in a bad place when they made it...hence Kiedis' comment that you mentioned. Navarro leaving the band had actually surprisingly little to do with musical differences, was more personal things.
it requires more listens than the other albums, I rank it at the same level at Mother's Milk, and above the first 2 albums..Uplift Mofo Party plan is holy though, the only album with the original lineup, Im not even gonna dare to rank it.

and btw, Dave is busy with his band, The Panic Channel. in addition to that, he's got Camp Freddy and Rock Star.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
badapple81
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »

I really doubt that Axl would have agreed to do these shows a month out without having the 3rd guitarist if he intends to use one  hihi
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2006, 08:56:14 AM »

I really doubt that Axl would have agreed to do these shows a month out without having the 3rd guitarist if he intends to use one? hihi

Maybe no one's told him about the shows yet. Someone needs to tell Axl to get on the net so he can find out when he's playing.
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 06:41:05 PM »

I heard that there's a guy named Joshua Craig that will be the new lead guitarist in GNR.? Anybody know if this is true?? Is this the same guy that used to be in motograter?? Huh

Source:  http://www.sp1at.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=298&Itemid=28
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 06:42:58 PM by masterdan » Logged

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 06:46:03 PM »

no idea! but he looks cool in the pics BUT NOT THE ONES HE IS PAINTED LIKE FREAK!! NO MORE FREAKS IN GUNS!!  hihi J/k

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 06:55:50 PM »

Yea, he definately looks like he'd fit into GNR, man...

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 07:33:47 PM »

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2006, 07:45:50 PM »

what was the guy bumblefoot all about, wasnt he rumored to be a possible guitarist a year ago?

asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2006, 04:06:32 AM »

He is not a cool guy. He is a feckin' douche bag, who wears man makeup, and walks around with his shirt off like a moron.

Yeah, I think he was asked and he said he'd do it, but he never showed up. He's a cool guy, but a little wierd at the same time... Tongue
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2006, 09:35:11 AM »

sp1at just confimed that there is a guy named saul and he does own a laptop.
owns a laptop you say? hang on, My name's not Saul, but I DO own a laptop! Maybe I auditioned too! in fact I'm actually axl rose! peace
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »

I think anybody that feels compelled to reveal that they audtioned for GN'R... is someone who did NOT get the gig. Just like Ajax Garcia and Stevie Salas before him, I think Josh Craig is just trying to be sure that he gets his 3.5 minutes of fame for having his name associated with GN'R...

It seems to me that throughout this whole GN'R v. 2 process, whenever anyone's been like "Hey everybody look at me! I played with GN'R last week!", it's always been somebody that's never actually joined the band. Meanwhile, the guys who are in for real... usually get revealed by rumor or a true inside source leaking to Rolling Stone or MTV or whatever.... that's pretty much how I recall it going down for Finck, Stinson, Freese, Buckethead and Brain OR the band just comes out and says "Person X is in the band" (Pitman, Fortus).

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: