Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:11:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ALIEN BLAKK Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES  (Read 35105 times)
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 11:52:26 AM »

it's not weird for a big band to do such late auditions. When there's chemistry going, there's chemistry going. Whether your 5 minutes in the band, or 5 years. Ofcourse, one needs time to glue, but for a professional musician it shouldn't be a problem on such short notice.

but what if they don't find anyone who gets the chemistry going. I don't think they'd book all these shows if there was a chance the band wouldn't be ready. Everyone involved with GnR have too much riding on this to risk it failing before it starts.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:28 AM »

Since he went public, I would say this guy is out before he is in!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Eric
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 11:55:01 AM »

I'm sure publicity has something to do with it, today he's on blabbermouth, and the GNR community is talking about him
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »

no way. this clown's full of shheeit.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 11:57:12 AM »

it's not weird for a big band to do such late auditions. When there's chemistry going, there's chemistry going. Whether your 5 minutes in the band, or 5 years. Ofcourse, one needs time to glue, but for a professional musician it shouldn't be a problem on such short notice.

but what if they don't find anyone who gets the chemistry going. I don't think they'd book all these shows if there was a chance the band wouldn't be ready. Everyone involved with GnR have too much riding on this to risk it failing before it starts.

true..... I just don't know dude ?Undecided ?I think they will do fine with just Richard and Finck.... but perhaps Axl does have a third guitarist up his sleeve....

we shall see soon I guess

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »

Hope this is fake! Doesn't bode well if GNR are still looking for a guitarist at this stage  Sad

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »

Since he went public, I would say this guy is out before he is in!

unless the dude auditioned just to get publicity or his band---maybe he thinks by putting it out there that he auditioned for axl rose, people will check his shit out

not a bad strategy, it seems.

then again, if i were in an indie or non-mainstream band and i had the oppurtunity to make  more money in 19 dates with guns than i ever had with my own gig, id be very careful not to blow it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 12:03:52 PM by NickNasty06: Chinese Stew » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 12:02:53 PM »

That just makes it seem way to fake for me... do we really think this guy is going to send out a press release cause he auditioned for a band.  I could see if he mentioned it in an interview but you don't go out and actively advertise it...

Well think about it, The guy just plugged his band who have a debut album coming out. Just think how many hits their site will get by the end of the day.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »

Hope this is fake! Doesn't bode well if GNR are still looking for a guitarist at this stage  Sad

i wouldnt be terribly concerned. they wouldnt have booked all these dates, plus two warm-up gigs which will be packed with some of the most die-hard fans on thhe planet (thanks to the pre-sale) if they didnt have a back-up plan.

my guess is that in rehearals, richard and robin are just alternating leads and rythm on everthing, on the assumption that they will be the two guys. hell, even if a 3rd guitarist enters the game at this point, given the short time-frame, i'd still expect at least for the start of the tour to see robin and richard being featured more as the other guy catches up.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 12:17:44 PM »

I wonder if he made Slash audition?
Yes he did, and we know what happend "well Slash you're a great guittar player but i don't like your atitude banging on my door 5 o'clock in the mourning n sayn sheet about you're band mates well now Brain is affraid you hate him and Tommy's wondering if he need's to show you an xray of his spine, i don't think it's going to work out".
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »

I wonder if he made Slash audition?
Yes he did, and we know what happend "well Slash you're a great guittar player but i don't like your atitude banging on my door 5 o'clock in the mourning n sayn sheet about you're band mates well now Brain is affraid you hate him and Tommy's wondering if he need's to show you an xray of his spine, i don't think it's going to work out".

"And you think I'm a fraud."

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »

i was looking forward to finding out if they had a third guitarist but if they are only just picking one now,less than a month before the shows,then thats gotta effect the release date for CD.i was hoping that they had someone lined up for a while who might of had time to redo buckets parts.

on another note i still feel john 5 could be in already  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 12:34:08 PM »

breaking news - I audtioned too!!   Shocked

Saul Bailey Unknown Internet Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006

Home & Internet-based guitarist Saul Bailey of HTGTH.COM Msg Boards was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead (ironically Sauls HERO), who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Saul expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew. But the fact is I'll never play Silkworms live cause that song sucks , therefore I dont think I'll get the job."

Saul's Internet message board sarcasm project, which also features contributions from James Loften and KIllingVector and YoungGunner, will continue to post various sarcastic remarks on GNR message boards all over the internet including Sauls infamous one hit wonder (blank) starts now , which he grew to fame with.. The sarcasm is described as "a frenetic mix of dry wit meets stupidity with a hint of genuis." The styles range from off color, dry, one liners, story telling, and some thought provoking commentary. All of Saul's posts on "HTGTH" was produced, written, arranged and recorded on his laptop from diffrent locations , such as his bed , kitchen , bathroom etc etc , depending on what time of the day it is , all written  by Saul and was mixed with some Jack and Coke.

For more information, visit www.buckethead.tk.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

Mysteron , you can confirm this at any time.  hihi  rofl

Peace guys!  peace

Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »

I don't know.... the truth is I like John 5 or Dave Navarro......

Dave Navarro turned them down in '99 correct?

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »

Yeah, he wanted to do his fag-ass solo shit instead.  hihi

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »

Thanks for that. I needed to laugh on such a shitty day for me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »

Goddamn I wish Buckethead was in...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »

breaking news - I audtioned too!!? ?Shocked

Saul Bailey Unknown Internet Guitarist Auditions For GUNS N' ROSES - Apr. 20, 2006

Home & Internet-based guitarist Saul Bailey of HTGTH.COM Msg Boards was called to audition for GUNS N' ROSES last week ? presumably as the replacement for Buckethead (ironically Sauls HERO), who quit the group in early 2004. In a statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Saul expressed his "complete admiration and repect for the opportunity to audition for such a great orginazation where everyone was the most polite and kind musicians and crew. But the fact is I'll never play Silkworms live cause that song sucks , therefore I dont think I'll get the job."

Saul's Internet message board sarcasm project, which also features contributions from James Loften and KIllingVector and YoungGunner, will continue to post various sarcastic remarks on GNR message boards all over the internet including Sauls infamous one hit wonder (blank) starts now , which he grew to fame with.. The sarcasm is described as "a frenetic mix of dry wit meets stupidity with a hint of genuis." The styles range from off color, dry, one liners, story telling, and some thought provoking commentary. All of Saul's posts on "HTGTH" was produced, written, arranged and recorded on his laptop from diffrent locations , such as his bed , kitchen , bathroom etc etc , depending on what time of the day it is , all written? by Saul and was mixed with some Jack and Coke.

For more information, visit www.buckethead.tk.

GUNS N' ROSES have scheduled a number of European appearances this spring/summer. The band will also perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15 and 17.

GUNS N' ROSES are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

The two New York concerts will be GUNS N' ROSES' first American shows in more than three years, according to MTV.com. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

Mysteron , you can confirm this at any time.? hihi? rofl

Peace guys!? peace

Bravo Saul!  Thats by far the best laugh I've had all day. rofl

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »

no he turned them down back in the early-mid 90s, after Gilby got the sack I think. he joined RHCP instead, which I must say was a good decision, since they actually released an (very underrated) album.
he was only making a guest appearance in 99.

Edit: and his solo album is actually damn good. listen to it before you comment dude..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 01:07:58 PM »

The guy seems pretty cool, it'd be nice to see him or someone like him get a shot to join and establish themself with Axl's band.

I think most are fooling themselves if they think a "name" guy is going to leave a positive current situation to take the gig...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: