Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Nazi Moderators
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nazi Moderators  (Read 41372 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »

The board needs less rules.? A board that has 9 sticky's in it's main forum, may of which are posted to regularly?? sticky's are supposed to be for thigns ilke reminders, rules - not contain some of the most active threads on the board!!

Let people intereste dictate what stays on page 1.? If no one is into it, in 30 mins it'll be off the main page because no one cared to post in it...funny how everyone's so eagerly anticipating an album called chinese democracy as this board is turning into a dictatorship!

Then go find (or start) a board more to your liking....one with less rules and much more anarchy.

If you don't like the way jarmo runs the board, go post to another one.

jarmo's yard, jarmo's rules.? Don't like 'em? Go "play" somewhere else.

It's really that simple.? I'm not exactly sure why people fail to understand it.

Edit: Oh, and the Nazi comment?  It's neither particularly original nor particularly apt.  It is, however, particularly offensive.

Read up a bit on the atrocities of the Nazi party.  Learn the history a bit better.  You might be less likely to improperly bandy the term around so wrecklessly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 08:52:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2006, 09:00:51 AM »

Dude, it used to be a better board, you're going overboard, and yeah you're gonna have a bunch of yes men and posters without brains of their own agreeing with you, but mygnrforum, roses of velvet, and others are more active now because people like me are moving away from this board and your mods' overzealous cencensorshit.? It'll carry on but as a die hard gnr fan who likes seeing people's opinions expressed freely, you're killing the board man.

Eh hem....

Try to follow your own logic here, OK?

If you don't like the rules, go post at one of the myriad of forums you mention above.

If enough posters felt the same way, this forum would, effectively, die.

And the "other' forums would prosper.

So, essentially, by asking jarmo to change the way the boards are moderated to suit YOU, you are effectively doing exactly what you're accusing jarmo of (in your brain)...not letting "survival of the fittest" take place.

Of course, the real point is that this forum WON'T die because, quite frankly, it's the best and busiest on the net.  And the rules are pretty much the same as they've always been.  Under them, the site has not floudered but, really, prospered.

You can read the Admin section to see that whining about the mods accomplishes nothing.  Nothing.  You asked why you shouldn't be allowed to voice your opinion on the subject?  The answer is: you should.  Of course, then everyone should be able to voice THEIR opinions on YOUR opinion (that priviledge is not yours, alone).  What you SHOULDN'T do is expect that opinion to change anything.  What you SHOULD do is shit or get off the pot.  Either abide by the rules or go elsewhere.

Together again,
88 Days
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2006, 09:01:49 AM »

The board needs less rules.? A board that has 9 sticky's in it's main forum, may of which are posted to regularly?? sticky's are supposed to be for thigns ilke reminders, rules - not contain some of the most active threads on the board!!

Let people intereste dictate what stays on page 1.? If no one is into it, in 30 mins it'll be off the main page because no one cared to post in it...funny how everyone's so eagerly anticipating an album called chinese democracy as this board is turning into a dictatorship!

i've been thinking the same thing... and i agree, the locking of threads is ridicilous, i have several examples of moderators locking a thread just so they could show some "muscle" and add a smart-ass comment to go along with it. pathetic. as long as it's on topic, let people create threads, it doesn't harm anyone.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »

Dude you going to be in new york on the 12th - 15th? I wanna give you a smack...

You don't like what I have to say so you want to smack me?

Sounds like censorship........

Of course.

BIGFOOT is entitled  to share HIS opinion.

But, of course, nobody who disagrees with him is.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2006, 09:12:36 AM »

DEMOCRACY (no not a chinese one!) ok

THERE is the problem.? People are not clear on what this board is.

The board is not a democracy.

It is owned, operated, and payed for by one person: jarmo.

It is a sole propriatorship.? Or, to stick to the government analogies, it is a monarchy (and I'm sure now the smart ass remark "dictatorship" will be made.? Roll Eyes )

You want to start making decisions?? Start your own board or...hell..see if jarmo is interested in making it a partnership with you footing some of the bills.

I see people saying "Well, I don't want to get into "accept it or leave"" discussions.? But, really, it's that simple.

You either can live with the rules, and function within the community, or you can go somewhere else that more closely fits your "style".

You wanna voice your opinion? Go for it (and accept you will have to listen to the opinion of those disagreeing with you).? But your opinion is not, just because it is yours, at all relevant to the person making the decisions...and it doesn't need to be.  Knowing that, you have a decision to make...

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »

i've been thinking the same thing... and i agree, the locking of threads is ridicilous, i have several examples of moderators locking a thread just so they could show some "muscle" and add a smart-ass comment to go along with it. pathetic. as long as it's on topic, let people create threads, it doesn't harm anyone.

Moderators aren't robots.

Sometimes we get tired of people just ignoring the rules because they're too lazy to use the search. That's when you might get a sarcastic comment when a thread is locked.

When people post "I know this has been posted before but I'm too lazy to look....", how would you feel?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
88 Days
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2006, 09:42:24 AM »

well i often tell them to not start duplicates of other threads myself, but jarmo, when someone starts a thread asking a specific question they would like answered, and some mod closes it because he/she thinks the topic is "unnecessarry" while the poster is genuinly interested in the question, do you feel that closing the thread is just?
godiva
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2006, 09:50:34 AM »

^ No, that wouldn't be 'just', but as far as I know, people are kindly re-directed to another thread where the question was answered or discussed.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2006, 09:50:53 AM »

well i often tell them to not start duplicates of other threads myself, but jarmo, when someone starts a thread asking a specific question they would like answered, and some mod closes it because he/she thinks the topic is "unnecessarry" while the poster is genuinly interested in the question, do you feel that closing the thread is just?

When mods lock threads, they usually ask the poster to use the search function or give a link.

Sometimes threads get locked without a message but most of you don't understand or appreciate the amount of work moderators do here, and for free, which means that I could be spending my time going to a bar, having a few drinks with friends, but no, I'm here moderating a board, cause I think it's an honour to be chosen as a mod on such a big board for my favorite band.

It's really frustrating to see that someone is so bored that he/she can't even READ the brief description of the SECTION they post in, not to mention the rules.

And this is something that happens here all the time. We're talking about 5500 members and most of them haven't even posted yet.

So many new members everyday, some are long time visitors and some have just learned how to use the internet.

The point is that everybody has the right to go through a bad time, but when it happens to mods, they're nazis...

Still noone has answered my post about this particular poster and his thread.

You've read my side. Now tell me if I was wrong or impolite.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:26 AM »

thats exactly what im talking about, its not exactly welcoming behaviour is it?

don't get me wrong i love this board its really great i just think that somwetimes the treatment of people by mods is less than great at times. it is true that on occasion that mods are just trying to flex some muscle and to be honest, if thtas the only place you can feel tough then thats a sad life Sad

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Beowulf
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2006, 09:53:20 AM »

I prefer the board run the way it is; it's easier to browse for topics of interest instead of having to run through 50 "Guess what about the New York Shows" or "What sweater are you going to wear to the concert?" type threads. Just find the relevant topic, and there's all the info you need...pretty easy. Plus it makes everything look neater and more organized.

Of course this way you might have to take 15 seconds before starting a new post to make sure it's going in the right spot. Oh noes! It's just like Auschwitz! ?rofl
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »

don't get me wrong i love this board its really great i just think that somwetimes the treatment of people by mods is less than great at times. it is true that on occasion that mods are just trying to flex some muscle and to be honest, if thtas the only place you can feel tough then thats a sad life Sad

Did you read my post or have you chosen to simply ignore it and just post anything that comes to your mind?

Cause all I see here is talking with no proof.

I explained the situation. I didn't see anyone of you talking about that...

daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2006, 10:00:29 AM »

[/qoute]

no one said that you personally were wrong or impolite, at least not what i read. i just think that it wouldn't hurt to be less authorotarian.

i think evryone is greatful that this board is here, its just that people don't get treated that well at times, and thats ok when there is someone hiding behind a keyboard 1000's of miles away, if half the stuff said to some folks here was said face to face, there would be a heck of a lot of punch ups. but thtas life i suppose. Lips Sealed

daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2006, 10:03:17 AM »

Did you read my post or have you chosen to simply ignore it and just post anything that comes to your mind?

i actually tried to post the message and it came out on the board after your message. hence i did not see your post and thanks for the sarcasm and increasingly strengthening the argument that mods and normal users do a lot of flaming for little to no reason. Wink

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »

[/qoute]

no one said that you personally were wrong or impolite, at least not what i read. i just think that it wouldn't hurt to be less authorotarian.

i think evryone is greatful that this board is here, its just that people don't get treated that well at times, and thats ok when there is someone hiding behind a keyboard 1000's of miles away, if half the stuff said to some folks here was said face to face, there would be a heck of a lot of punch ups. but thtas life i suppose. Lips Sealed

Trust me, if I was face to face with half of the people whose threads I've locked, I'd simply ignore them cause you can't win stupidity or cause I'm probably 15 years older than most of them.

Now, if they choose to fight, well, that's a race they probably can't win unless they got some black belt... I'm not exactly a 15-year-old skinny boy who hides behind his computer...

Also, please explain to me where I made excessive use of authority.

We have to keep the board clear of threads that don't belong to  the sections they were posted in.

It's pretty simple. There are rules, people must follow them. If you don't like them, don't post on this board. You've got the freedom to choose where you want to post...

i actually tried to post the message and it came out on the board after your message. hence i did not see your post and thanks for the sarcasm and increasingly strengthening the argument that mods and normal users do a lot of flaming for little to no reason. Wink

You can talk about sarcasm all you want, but I still don't see proof of excessive use of "authorityyyyy" as cartman used to say...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »

SLC isnt allowed to go around posting pictures and nothing else. As funny as it is... hes not allowed to do it all the time because its a RULE. It has a PURPOSE... to keep the board an actual MESSAGE board.

Poor bastard needs to spend all of his time coming up with funny MESSAGES now...  Undecided

"Teat suckler extraordinaire, the story of Axl's teats and the women who loved them."

Coming soon to a forum near you.........

At least there's a purpose.  hihi

I agree.........
lookingforbigfoot
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »

Eh hem....

Try to follow your own logic here, OK?

If you don't like the rules, go post at one of the myriad of forums you mention above.

If enough posters felt the same way, this forum would, effectively, die.

And the "other' forums would prosper.

So, essentially, by asking jarmo to change the way the boards are moderated to suit YOU, you are effectively doing exactly what you're accusing jarmo of (in your brain)...not letting "survival of the fittest" take place.

Of course, the real point is that this forum WON'T die because, quite frankly, it's the best and busiest on the net.  And the rules are pretty much the same as they've always been.  Under them, the site has not floudered but, really, prospered.

You can read the Admin section to see that whining about the mods accomplishes nothing.  Nothing.  You asked why you shouldn't be allowed to voice your opinion on the subject?  The answer is: you should.  Of course, then everyone should be able to voice THEIR opinions on YOUR opinion (that priviledge is not yours, alone).  What you SHOULDN'T do is expect that opinion to change anything.  What you SHOULD do is shit or get off the pot.  Either abide by the rules or go elsewhere.

Because people usually follow the path of lease resistance...even if that means stickin around the board you've been on for years as it slides downhill...there are alot of people here already, the board is very active, and what better place to have a truly great board with truly open dialogue?

Oh, as for being 1000's of miles away I'll be in NY on GnR weekend for anyone who's interested...and like my thread that was locked said, I'd LIKE to see any Canadians that made it down...and I'm sure most of them would have seen that title in a thread - however I'm sure most did NOT read every post throuth 50 pages about a show in New York...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2006, 03:04:44 PM »

Oh, as for being 1000's of miles away I'll be in NY on GnR weekend for anyone who's interested...and like my thread that was locked said, I'd LIKE to see any Canadians that made it down...and I'm sure most of them would have seen that title in a thread - however I'm sure most did NOT read every post throuth 50 pages about a show in New York...

So you think it would be fine to have 50 threads about Canadians, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Scottish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian etc etc etc fans going to the shows?

How about "Anybody from Toronto", "Anybody from Vancouver?" plus all other major cities. Why limit yourself to a country when you could just ask if anybody is going from your city?

You could also add a little signature with the following text:

Looking to get in touch with fellow Canadians going to the NYC shows in May. PM me!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
88 Days
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

So you think it would be fine to have 50 threads about Canadians, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Scottish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian etc etc etc fans going to the shows?

How about "Anybody from Toronto", "Anybody from Vancouver?" plus all other major cities. Why limit yourself to a country when you could just ask if anybody is going from your city?

You could also add a little signature with the following text:

Looking to get in touch with fellow Canadians going to the NYC shows in May. PM me!

/jarmo

rofl

jarmo's got a point! ok
lookingforbigfoot
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2006, 05:00:28 PM »

Actually no I don't see a problem with everyone posting stuff like that - first of all, it probably wouldn't be as bad as you thingk with teh # of new topics.  And secondly, those topics (if there AREN'T alot of Canadians, Irishmen, Scandanavians etc) will die down and not last long.  What WILL survive is what people on the board really care to talk about, NOT what the mods think they do....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: