Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR ARE un plugged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR ARE un plugged  (Read 30452 times)
Origen
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2006, 01:49:12 PM »

And if (I should probabaly say WHEN) you're wrong?

You'll accept the banning you have coming, right?

We'll all wait with baited breath (well, not really) til May 12th.

But given Dizzy has already said he's rehersing with Tommy, Robin, Richard and Brain.....someone might want to let them know things have changed, eh?
rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi rofl
Do you honestly think I would post something in order to risk bein laughed at?? Huh
What do you think,? I have nothing better to do?
I have NEVER mentioned any names!
But I can undoubtibly tell you that IF Dizzy is still in the band (!),? ?he is a) lieing to all of you
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?b) not well informed
I NEVER said who will be in,? ?I am just saying that people who liked GNR the way they existed,? should buy tickets before they will be sold out or they will be VERY sorry.
Trust me,? the only reason I keep on coming back is because I can't stop laughing how many people will look stupid the day GNR play Hammerstein Ballroom.
It is entertaining for me.
Another hint.
Some of the people you mentioned there are LONG gone.
I can't guarantee for all,? but some ARE!

hmmmm Undecided Tongue so what do you have to say after last night's events Mr Croatia? Kiss

Yeah CROATIA what happened  rofl
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »

Don't you worry about me.
I am here and waiting + waiting + waiting and will see what the future brings,  just like everyone else here.
Guitarist always seemed to be the most reliable sources in the former GNR line up.
So far,  everything I said (I was told), has been confirmed -

1)  Duff is being named as bass player in the AIC line up (strange,  I was just over at their site and saw that their tour is getting more and more lengthy Huh  how is Duff suppossed to find time to record another VR album?  It has been almost 2 years since the debute came out and nothing is happening!?).

2)  At the time I opened this topic,  everyone was talking about Slash hating everyone in VR.
I was told that Slash and Matt have entered an band together.
Where ever you hear of Slash,  Matt seems to be a part of that,  yet,  no sign of Duff,  Scott or Dave!?

Either way I win.
If VR continue,   I will still have and band around that I think of as - GREAT!
Band that Axl's guys,  RHCP or anyone else in the english speaking scene is no match to,  at the moment.

If I was told the truth,  I'll be prooven right (which I don't a fuck about,  like many of you kids here do.  It is an rather unimportant thing to be right or wrong since everyone can think differently, yet,  only complexed kids think it is important they are right due to lack of selfesteem),  I will be rather sad to loose such a great band and my gain would only be worth a - minus!
Minus for the loss of this great band.

Don't know why everyone got stuck with Slash and Matt joining Axl.
That is not what I read when I open up the first page of this topic.
I do read SAME band and Duff IN AIC,  though.
p.s.   I hope something will be said at that radio thing Matt and Slash are doing.
However,  since it is media kind of thing,   I doubt that much will be said since it will be on the record.
Lets all hope we will see an Contraband follow up.

Origen
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2006, 04:07:47 PM »

2)  At the time I opened this topic,  everyone was talking about Slash hating everyone in VR.
I was told that Slash and Matt have entered an band together.
Where ever you hear of Slash,  Matt seems to be a part of that,  yet,  no sign of Duff,  Scott or Dave!?

Yet they all played together last night.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2006, 04:16:42 PM »

YES,  i didn't need you to tell me that.
Though,   has there been other connection between Matt and Slash on one side and the rest!?
For your info,  Pink Floyd have also played on LIVE AID last year,  though,  that hasn't ment they are being back...
makane
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »

Actually hes right. VR are UNPLUGGED, as they played acoustic yesterday ?Cheesy
Btw. Fake insiders suck cocks

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2006, 04:18:02 PM »

and what about you saying some of the members from GnR are long gone when pilferk mentioned Dizzy, Richard, Tommy, Robin and Brain.....but they were all playing in GnR last night....

And also, why post this topic in the Guns N Roses section originally if it has nothing to do with GnR? confused

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2006, 04:19:51 PM »

1)  Duff is being named as bass player in the AIC line up (strange,  I was just over at their site and saw that their tour is getting more and more lengthy Huh  how is Duff suppossed to find time to record another VR album?  It has been almost 2 years since the debute came out and nothing is happening!?).

Where was Duff named as their bassist?  As for getting the scoop, weve known about Duffs AIC involvement as occassional rhythm guitar player for months.

Yeah, like when all five played together last night.  Thats some statement to make before mid-May.  hihi

What about those missing new-GNR members?

I can't stop laughing how many people will look stupid the day GNR play Hammerstein Ballroom.

Same here  ok
JAC185
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2006, 04:55:24 PM »

You said Matt and Slash but never Duff, Scott and Dave. Besides the fact that Matt and Scott are in Camp Freddy and Duff played with them the other day, as already said, they played as a band last night.

You said some of the members of GNR were long gone and they played last night

What exactly is it that you were trying to tell us? That way we can tell if you are right or wrong
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2006, 06:18:55 PM »

You said Matt and Slash but never Duff, Scott and Dave. Besides the fact that Matt and Scott are in Camp Freddy and Duff played with them the other day, as already said, they played as a band last night.

You said some of the members of GNR were long gone and they played last night

What exactly is it that you were trying to tell us? That way we can tell if you are right or wrong

he's wrong, unless he means that Matt and Slash plays with Camp Freddy..which they to, hahha.

btw, Mike Inez is still the AIC bassist the last time I checked.

and yeah GNR-CROATIA, lotsa fools watching the massive lineup change at the Hammerstein last night hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2006, 07:05:34 PM »

lol your so stupid. VR is comeing out with another album. duff is only playing select dates. and just cause you dont know every where the members are at every minute of every day and what there doing does not mean the band is broken up. lol they have lives and in there lives i dont think all there is is vr. exspecaly after a huge tour.  so stfu plz thx.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2006, 08:49:13 AM »

But I can undoubtibly tell you that IF Dizzy is still in the band (!),? ?he is a) lieing to all of you
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?b) not well informed

Do you stand by this?

NEVER said who will be in,? ?I am just saying that people who liked GNR the way they existed,? should buy tickets before they will be sold out or they will be VERY sorry.
Trust me,? the only reason I keep on coming back is because I can't stop laughing how many people will look stupid the day GNR play Hammerstein Ballroom.
Explain please!

Some of the people you mentioned there are LONG gone.
I can't guarantee for all,? but some ARE!
Again, please elaborate!

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2006, 08:50:56 AM »

Either way I win.
If VR continue,? ?I will still have and band around that I think of as - GREAT!

You said earlier in the thread you would name your source if you were wrong so please do!

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »

come on dude just admit that you were wrong  Smiley
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2006, 11:39:10 AM »

even if he did admit he was wrong you couldn't understand it because the grammar is so bad rofl
axlkildgnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2006, 01:31:14 AM »

To bad he wasn't right!  Then the "new" gnr would warnt all the praise it's receiving from young pups who missed out on what gnr was all about!

The new band members are not very good.  I played some of the live stuff from Robin for a girl and didn' tell her what it was--she said, "That's not good. Sorry if you like it but whoever it is sucks"

If you listen to the new Axl band and GNR right after eachother or even at the same time, you'd think robin, richard, and bukt were a garage band from myspace or YOUTUBE.

Try it on someone who hasn't heard the new GNR live--you axl lovers might me surprised!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2006, 11:29:43 AM »

Try it on someone who hasn't heard the new GNR live--you axl lovers might me surprised!

Strangely enough, I've done just that.

And I have been surprised, but not the way you're hoping:

In not telling them which was which, they couldn't tell the difference....and didn't think either "version" was any better than the other.

And we're talking blind audio...no video at all.? Boots from 1993 and the Boot from the 15th (2006).

Interesting, no?

Now, if you're talking the '02 boots (and you'd almost have to be), I'd agree.

But Robin is tearing the SHIT out of the solos now, and Richard, Tommy, and Ron are kicking major ass as well.
Having actually BEEN in attendance on the 15th (and the boot from that show that's being torrented in FLAC from dankrass will back this up) the band was fucking TIGHT all night long.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:33:24 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »

And we're talking blind audio...no video at all.? Boots from 1993 and the Boot from the 15th (2006).

Interesting, no?

Actually for the most part I felt it was the same with 2002 boots as well....axl's talent hasn't diminished at all and the band is, for the most part, good at playing the old songs. there are a few exceptions of course.

I find it amazing that axl can go years without performing and still sound fantastic ok

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »

Actually for the most part I felt it was the same with 2002 boots as well....axl's talent hasn't diminished at all and the band is, for the most part, good at playing the old songs. there are a few exceptions of course.

I find it amazing that axl can go years without performing and still sound fantastic ok

For the most part...

But Robin was a bit less comfortable with some of the solos in '02. SCOM and NR being the prime examples.  Maybe it was intentional (he wanted to give them his own style), maybe not.  But for the Hammerstein show, I would have sworn he'd hired a medium to channel the admittedly still living Slash.  Sounded just like him...at least on the 15th. No flubs, no missing notes, just Robin rocking the SHIT out of those solos like he'd been playing them forever.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »

But for the Hammerstein show, I would have sworn he'd hired a medium to channel the admittedly still living Slash.? Sounded just like him...at least on the 15th. No flubs, no missing notes, just Robin rocking the SHIT out of those solos like he'd been playing them forever.

well 4 years practicing might seem like forever hihi we haven't heard shit from him since 2002.

You know I was prolly one of the most skeptical htgth member of Robin but all this excitement truely has me intrigued...I can't wait to see Robin an GnR again when they come my way so i can witness this band again for myself peace Really I am so excited right now for the future of GnR i am having a hard time even keeping on the "I hate Robin" side, I haven't felt this excited about GnR since I was waiting for the Paris PPV to start in1992.

I hope he rocks the fuck outta europe and comes back to North America with an album and an amazing follow-up tour. Axl is back baby!!!! Grin beer smoking drool ok peace

axlkildgnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »

AXL's talent hasn't deminished?

I still loved him back in 02 but wondered why his voice sounded so different on The Blues and MADA-. Thought maybe beacuse it was live and he was having vocal problems during the tour.

When I heard the actual demmo of IRS I was crushed!! 

The only knock on him by mainstream music critics and fans was that his voice was too screechy and got hard to listen to after awhile--especially as the fans aged.

It's obviouse Axl took this critisism too seriously and whimped out his voice----There is no way anyone can say it sounds the same!!! 

Also what the hell was that Rhiad and the Bedoins???  That sounded like a bad comedy album from the 1960's.
Tell me how great the lyrics to that song and IRS are compared to everything else he's done.

I wish the new sound was cool, I wish I could like it,  But it will bomb in the U.S.  It may sell 4-5 million on curiosity alone but the later albums will fail once poeple hear these songs -It sounds like a wannabe-pinkfloyd meets modern pop rock band.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: