Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  "Greatest Rock&Roll Album of All Time" Survivor - 1970's (Discussion Thread)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Greatest Rock&Roll Album of All Time" Survivor - 1970's (Discussion Thread)  (Read 11945 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 08:19:15 AM »

How could Bowie, The Clash and The Sex pistols get voted off so early is beyond me. Especially the Clash and Bowie. "Nevermind the Bollocks" is not brilliant ( I think I can play guitar better now than Steve Jones then) but it's refered today as one of most notorious, relevant punk album ever made.

As Eazy suggested, I recommend everybody that's voted off the Clash to grab a copy of "London Calling". This is the most diverse, ecclectic album in the hystory of music. There's folk, rock, punk, reggae, pop...pretty much all the genres are there. I think people are voting off the Clash cause this board is not keen on punk music apperantly. Well, too fucking bad.? You guys are missing out one of the most brilliant albums ever made...

And why did you guys vote off Bowie so early? Honestly, how many of you heard that album?

Some of you need to open you mind a little bit. If "Paranoid" or "Van Halen" wins this...oh nevermind
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »

Hey, don't knock Van Halen.  Angry Paranoid is indeed overrated, especially next to Sabbath's other albums. Van Halen is a great album, though. Lots of metalheads call it metal, but they're just afraid to admit that it's a rock album that annihilates 95% of metal. It's one of my favorites, even now.

There's just too much good 70's music. We need 20+ bands, with 4 or 5 voted off each time. Maybe I should resurrect the ultimate metal tournament.  Wink
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

AC/DC had more albums that "Highway to Hell" in the 70's. Don't call me ignorant, but i think that  "Let There Be Rock" and "Powerage" were their best albums from the 70's. because the song were much rougher than on "HTH". I mean, i like this album too, but the sound is a little bit to clean. But thats just me.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: