Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Worst Team in Baseball?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst Team in Baseball?  (Read 15877 times)
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 08:46:43 PM »

The city of Pittsburgh did a great job hosting the game, and the stadium is beautiful. I always liked the Pirates (we are family) and I hope they become respectable again. It would be good for the game.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 11:48:35 PM »

in my personal opinion padres  hihi

benchiefjr
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 10:10:45 PM »

Gotta be the Pirates or my beloved Cubbies  Cry
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 01:18:39 AM »

lol it has to be kc royals

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »

i'll go with yankees .. yes the yankees. overpriced and choke way too much. for that kinda money players getting paid should be winning championships year in and out! beer
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2006, 05:20:09 PM »

What does that make the team that just lost 5 straight in their home park to the Yankees?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2006, 11:36:39 PM »

KC Royals

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »

KC Royals

After starting 16-47 (!!) they have been playing about .500 ball (which in KC is like a miracle) and there is some hope under the new GM. Also, they are battling out Tampa for the worst record in baseball.

I think as the season winds down, "worst" has to include not only the W-L record, but also the organization, the direction it is going, and the prospects for the future. The Royals have  some great young talent on the way. So I don't think that they are worst anymore. (At least until next seaons starts  hihi)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 07:07:30 PM »

Young talent that they will promptly trade instead of tying up to a long term deal before they become eligible for free agency.

Johnny Damon
Carlos Beltran

Remember them?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 12:49:44 PM »

Young talent that they will promptly trade instead of tying up to a long term deal before they become eligible for free agency.

Johnny Damon
Carlos Beltran

Remember them?

Every single day. What can I say, David Glass is a fool. Maybe now he has  learned  his lesson and will do the right  thing by the fans and the franchise. He did lock up Berrora for 4 years, and look how that turned out. Almost every free agent turned out to be an expensive mistake. Just can't catch a break.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2006, 12:21:09 PM »

And the end-of-season answer is: Tampa Bay.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2006, 10:26:33 PM »

Kansas City only had one more win than them. Kansas City must have been playing hard last few weeks to beat out tampa Bay.  hihi

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2006, 06:27:56 PM »

What are they going to do with Tampa?  That team will never be able to compete, espechally with the Yanks and Red Sox in their division.

I'm suprised people even go to their games anymore. Sad

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2006, 02:18:18 AM »

Not too many do. 

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »

Tampa Bay is just a bad example of the monarch like-system baseball has. There's basically no room for them to move up. Financial or otherwise.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »

Kansas City only had one more win than them. Kansas City must have been playing hard last few weeks to beat out tampa Bay.? hihi

Well, one  more win is one more win. We have so little to cheer in KC that we'll take the one more win. And by the way, the Royals collapsed the last 2 weeks of the season after Bell got sick and there were injuries, so the 'one win more' could have been more. And don't I sound pathetic defending  the second worst team in baseball? hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »

Well, one? more win is one more win. We have so little to cheer in KC that we'll take the one more win. And by the way, the Royals collapsed the last 2 weeks of the season after Bell got sick and there were injuries, so the 'one win more' could have been more. And don't I sound pathetic defending? the second worst team in baseball? hihi

Given they swept the last series with Detroit, I'm not sure you could say they COMPLETELY collapsed the final 2 weeks... Smiley

Bet those wins over Detroit are looking pretty good to you KC fans right now!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2006, 02:00:29 PM »

Well, one? more win is one more win. We have so little to cheer in KC that we'll take the one more win. And by the way, the Royals collapsed the last 2 weeks of the season after Bell got sick and there were injuries, so the 'one win more' could have been more. And don't I sound pathetic defending? the second worst team in baseball? hihi

Given they swept the last series with Detroit, I'm not sure you could say they COMPLETELY collapsed the final 2 weeks... Smiley

Please show me where I used the word "completely" in my description.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »

Oh god...we're going to argue semantics?? Really? My god, man.

You said they collapsed the final 2 weeks of the season.? I was pointing out that it wasn't TOO bad, and wasn't a COMPLETE collapse, because they won 3 straight, against the eventual AL champs for Christ sake,? to end it up.? But, if we must argue semantics....

They were 62-100, for a .383 winning percentage, for the season.

Over the final 2 weeks they were 4 - 9, for a .308 winning %.? ?And the final week, they were 4-4, or dead .500. And they won 3 straight, matching their longest streak of the year, and against a  Tiger team that actually had something to play for.? ?Yes, they had 8 losses in a row during that 2 weeks. Yes, it was the longest losing streak of the season.? Yes, that sucks and is a collapse of sorts.? I was simply trying to console you, actually, and say that it's not all that bad....

Jesus Christ....there's certainly no reason to get pissy.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2006, 09:29:59 PM »

Oh god...we're going to argue semantics?? Really? My god, man.

You said they collapsed the final 2 weeks of the season.? I was pointing out that it wasn't TOO bad, and wasn't a COMPLETE collapse, because they won 3 straight, against the eventual AL champs for Christ sake,? to end it up.? But, if we must argue semantics....

They were 62-100, for a .383 winning percentage, for the season.

Over the final 2 weeks they were 4 - 9, for a .308 winning %.? ?And the final week, they were 4-4, or dead .500. And they won 3 straight, matching their longest streak of the year, and against a? Tiger team that actually had something to play for.? ?Yes, they had 8 losses in a row during that 2 weeks. Yes, it was the longest losing streak of the season.? Yes, that sucks and is a collapse of sorts.? I was simply trying to console you, actually, and say that it's not all that bad....

Jesus Christ....there's certainly no reason to get pissy.

It is not "semantics." You stated: "I'm not sure you could say they COMPLETELY collapsed." I never used the word completely and thus it is false attribution. If you quote people correctly there is no problem. So don't get pissy on me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: