Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Sir Lord Baltimore
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sir Lord Baltimore  (Read 1705 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: April 22, 2006, 10:07:54 AM »

This isn't quite metal, but what was (besides Sabbath) in the early 70's? I could imagine stoners enjoying this doomy rock. I think only Budgie is more underrated in early proto-metal history. This band gets on my "honorable mention" metal list for being some damn heavy rock of the early 70's. I can't believe I took this long to listen to this band, since it's really historically important. It's crazy-heavy for 1970, and for a US band as well!

Some of their guitar solos even beat Sabbath's, but obviously, the riffs aren't as good. That can be excused. Wink
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »

Where are the stoners here? I don't even do drugs, and I enjoy this stuff! It's doomy and heavy by early 70's standards. Come on.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »

Where are the stoners here? I don't even do drugs, and I enjoy this stuff! It's doomy and heavy by early 70's standards. Come on.
Never fear Stoned is here Cheesy smoking Cheesy

I did a search for this band and found an album by the name of Kingdom Come.

The first track the title track, that i listened started off like Superjudge Era Monster Magnet, but as soon as the vocals kicked in the thing went downhill i really disliked it, even with the guitar solo later it did nothing for me....

....thankfully though the rest of the tracks kick ass.  It was amazing to think it was the same band on the other songs, the vocals are much better and the guitar work reminds me a lot of Hendrix obviously they aren't in his league but the style is very similar.  The vocals are very Zeppelin-esque once again the voice is different to Plant's but it's the up and down vocals deep in parts and in the falsetto regions on other parts.  Top stuff anyway Hell Hound & Lady of Fire are tops!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »

Listen to the Pentagram song Ask No More from the Be Forewarned album. It's from 2:07-2:40. Then listen to the Sir Lord Baltimore song Woman Tamer from their self-titled album from 3:03-3:30. Hmm...  rofl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: