Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:25:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228068 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 38840 times)
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »

Better and I.R.S. (It's been over a year now...) still feel fresh.

TWAT needs another verse, as someone mentioned earlier in the topic. It'd probably be my favorite newer song if the last 3 minutes had some lyrical variety. It's gotten a little old.

CITR has gotten somewhat old, despite that I've only listened to it about a dozen times.

The Blues and Madagascar have gotten old.

R&TB and Silkworms get better as I keep listening to them.

OMG has grown old, but it's still worth a listen every week or so.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »

I've heared CITR more times in the past month, than I've heared Estranged in my entire life.
and I still listen to it.
My playlist is short.
Better(Instrumental), IRS(Instrumental), TWAT(instrumental), CITR

and I LOVE the instrumentals. the vocals only get in the way. they are fabulous.
Actually I don't want CD. All I want is all the versions they came up with so far for TWAT or CITR.

if the whole legend about TWAT is true, I really want to have it all.
first the Zakk version, then the Robin version, then Buckethead + Robin, and now the latest they came up with.
same goes for CITR.

zakk never played on any gnr songs if i`m not mistaken.....? at least i`m pretty sure he didn`t record anything...

back in 95 I know i read that him and slash were playing some stuff together... I remember later how axl described a giant snake and dinosaur .... I know something happened but I don't know what, but the rumor was zakk was joining gnr back then

slash n zakk drool

as far as i know they just jamed together... and later zakk didn`t want to deal with axl`s legal stuff and left....

I thought it was some mix up ,like zakk demanded something or axl thought he wanted something..? I know there is an interview out there.. Either way zakk would have never waited this long..

i agree, he wouldn`t have waited that long... but maybe he would?ve made axl release the damn thing... or just spend his time on different stuff, like tommy or richard....

i doubt it, but it`s speculation anyways.... fact is, zakk would?ve been a great addition for gnr peace

well I know slash and himare buddies so that might have helped... Maybe zakk could have grabbed axl and said release the motherfucker be a man for axl not another hired yes man..
RichardNixon
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »

Sure the novelty has worn off--but they are still great songs.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2006, 06:41:31 PM »

i listen to the songs (better,catcher,twat and irs) almost everyday as their on my pc,my mobile phone,my mp3 player,in my car and on cd in my house.but i do go a couple of days not hearing them and when i play them,its like i missed them if ye know what i mean

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »

i listen to the songs (better,catcher,twat and irs) almost everyday as their on my pc,my mobile phone,my mp3 player,in my car and on cd in my house.but i do go a couple of days not hearing them and when i play them,its like i missed them if ye know what i mean

I use better, and cd as my ringtomes, and I never get tiered of them.

I hear CITR AT LEAST 20 times per day.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2006, 10:34:03 AM »

I don't know if its just me, but I'm kinda bored of the leaks already - maybe its b/c I completely played them out?? Not entirely sure, but I don't find myself NEEDING to hear them like I was a few weeks ago.? I think it has to do with the fact that 2 of the 4 are kinda slower songs (TWAT, CITR) and IRS and Better have some, what I would call, "slow" parts to them.? Better TOTALLY drags on .30-1 minute too long for my tastes, very weak outro.

Anyone else feel like we need a bonafide rocker or two to balance out the tracks we've heard so far?

Oh gosh, I stopped listening after like a day.  Ask D, I wasnt overly impressed.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2006, 12:01:30 PM »

I don't know if its just me, but I'm kinda bored of the leaks already - maybe its b/c I completely played them out?  Not entirely sure, but I don't find myself NEEDING to hear them like I was a few weeks ago.  I think it has to do with the fact that 2 of the 4 are kinda slower songs (TWAT, CITR) and IRS and Better have some, what I would call, "slow" parts to them.  Better TOTALLY drags on .30-1 minute too long for my tastes, very weak outro.

Anyone else feel like we need a bonafide rocker or two to balance out the tracks we've heard so far?

This had all the makings of Burn Out written all over it.   We got the tracks and it was euphoria for a few weeks but since there is no momentum with this band...it just burns out after a bit.    Hopefully it will pick up again and I still do listen to the songs but not like I was when they first emerged.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43:04 PM »

it feels like they're a year old. hopefully we get some new bootlegs after the nyc shows? drool that would be fantabulous(?).? which track that leaked do you still listen to? that ofcourse HASNT gotten old...
for me its "better". (play that shit loud on your speakers yes yes )?

edit: but dont get me wrong i still love the songs  love
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 01:02:48 PM by frozen Inferno » Logged
daveyjc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2006, 10:44:27 PM »

umm i think the appetite and illusions stuff is getting old
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2006, 10:44:58 PM »

I tottally agree. We need some new leaks perhaps "seven" maybe we could persuade axl to either let the CD out early or get more leaks from some insiders? ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2006, 10:45:04 PM »

Yes...Better is a fuckin' awesome song.
Is gonna be a huge hit !

Steel_Angel
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2006, 10:45:09 PM »

umm i think the appetite and illusions stuff is getting old
nah, still new to me ?confused ?Tongue
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2006, 10:45:14 PM »

I really haven't worn them out too much, I put them on no cd's and I only have them on my ipod that I have about 300 songs on for when I work out... so I usually only hear them at random.

I do have them all on my work comp however and listen to them from time to time!!!

None have gotten old to me yet. peace
Steel_Angel
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »

I really haven't worn them out too much, I put them on no cd's and I only have them on my ipod that I have about 300 songs on for when I work out... so I usually only hear them at random.

I do have them all on my work comp however and listen to them from time to time!!!

Not even I.R.S?  cmon...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »

Not even I.R.S?  cmon...

Actually IRS has grown on me the most.. I used to not like it that much.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »

I've been listening to them since they were leaked and they still own. TWAT amazing, IRS sounds like vintage GnR to me, Better, could be slightly better but rocks, CiTR flows nicely and is a catchy tune. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2006, 11:03:02 PM »

I've been listening to them since they were leaked and they still own. TWAT amazing, IRS sounds like vintage GnR to me, Better, could be slightly better but rocks, CiTR flows nicely and is a catchy tune. 

Thats pretty close to what I think. As for wearing them out, I think I almost did when they first leaked and then I settled down a bit. I still listen to "Better" at least once a day (usually) but I spread the others out so I don't get sick of them.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »

I still listen to "Better" at least once a day (usually) but I spread the others out so I don't get sick of them.

I at least listen to Better once a day, mixing in the others in as well, but I always listen to Better  Cool

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
alexh0618
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »

I still listen to Better and CITR all the time and IRS is starting to grow on me now. I like TWAT but I just can't get into it for some reason.
sp9543
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2006, 12:28:50 AM »

they aren't old to me yet.  better rocks, and CITR is awesome (esp lyrically).  twat and irs are always fun too

Slow down, chew your food.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: