Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:03:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N`Roses to play Rock In Rio (Lisbon)! (The Darkness added to the bill)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N`Roses to play Rock In Rio (Lisbon)! (The Darkness added to the bill)  (Read 29103 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2006, 12:52:56 PM »

interpretor please
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2006, 12:55:38 PM »

I can't translate, but here's the gist:

TNT (it's a Turner network) is going to be broadcasting RIR in Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina (not the US, apparently).

They don't mention GnR...and usually their broadcast of concerts consists of an edited down version.  Not always, but usually.

It'll be a free broadcast.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:57:48 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »

interpretor please

"Os concertos de TNT tamb?m incluem alguns dos mais importantes festivais e eventos internacionais de m?sica, como Rock in Rio e Fashion Rocks."

"The TNT concerts also include some of the most important festivals and international events of music, as Rock in Rio and Fashion Rocks. "

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
anythinggoes
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »

I can't translate, but here's the gist:

TNT (it's a Turner network) is going to be broadcasting RIR in Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina (not the US, apparently).

It'll be a free broadcast.

well thats upsetting as im in the UK
Dellorto
Opening Act

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2006, 01:02:48 PM »

interpretor please

"Os concertos de TNT tamb?m incluem alguns dos mais importantes festivais e eventos internacionais de m?sica, como Rock in Rio e Fashion Rocks."

"The TNT concerts also include some of the most important festivals and international events of music, as Rock in Rio and Fashion Rocks. "

It's written TNT used to transmit big concerts  like RIR, not sayinh that will do that this year.

are you ready?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2006, 01:06:30 PM »

It's written TNT used to transmit big concerts? like RIR, not sayinh that will do that this year.

And THAT'S why I said I couldn't translate. Smiley  My spanish, especially the tenses, is rustier than a junkyard truck.

I think Dellorto may be right...the tense on that may be past tense.

Together again,
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2006, 01:35:24 PM »

so will brasil,mexico and argentina be the only countrys where you can watch rir?

shit happens when you party naked
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

so will brasil,mexico and argentina be the only countrys where you can watch rir?

Unknown, as of yet.

The partnership that has the broadcast rights consists of XM, aol, and some other players.  XM and AOL certainly have the capacity to do a broadband webcast of the event (for a fee, probably) or to put it up live on XM, exlcusively, with highlights to follow on aolmusic.  But none of that has been announced yet....and considering how little time is left until the show...I'd think they'd want to announce their plans soon.

Together again,
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »

oh come on they have to let everyone in the world see this show its going to fucking kill. so many good band will be there and its Guns first major show!

Anguro
Headliner

... I never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2006, 01:46:51 PM »

Viva Mexico !!! ?Grin

Since I live in Mexico, I'll be really glad to tape it and distribute it for all of you guys!.....

Cool
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »

yeah!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

im from argentina!!!!!! =D !!!!!

but really i dont think they are going to broadcast rir live, i think they are going to make an especial with the highlights of the shows
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2006, 01:58:13 PM »

I hope someone broadcast the complete Guns show, and not only the highlights  Smiley

shit happens when you party naked
raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2006, 02:00:30 PM »

Hi, I`m Brazilian
I saw a  commercial in TNT (cable tv) about the concert and after it a look for a site with information about it to post you.
Just it.

OBS : I think that info about broadcast should have a topic, but oK... peace peace peace
             only a suggestion

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
Dellorto
Opening Act

« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »

My god! perhaps I forgot to speak/read portuguese...the text was in the past!!! why transmmit  only to those countries and not to around the world?

pilferk: in Brazil we spaeak portuguese!!! Grin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:08:08 PM by Dellorto » Logged

are you ready?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2006, 02:15:46 PM »

My god! perhaps I forgot to speak/read portuguese...the text was in the past!!! why transmmit? only to those countries and not to around the world?

pilferk: in Brazil we spaeak portuguese!!! Grin

Heh, and that explains, even more, just how rusty my SPANISH is.  I couldn't tell the difference....but using my rudimentary spanish skills seemed to be able to get the gist.  It does explain why so much of it looked unfamiliar to me, though.  I think I did pretty good, considering. Smiley  High School Spanish was 15+ years ago, after all...and I never took Portuguese.

Together again,
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »

Rede Globo will problably show the GNR show, last RIR they showed live just the GNR show... this time wont be different IMO

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »

TNT will NOT broadcast the RIR live here in Brasil.

http://tntla.turner.com/br/specials/tnt_concert/rockinrio/index.jsp

They will broadcast only in August and we don't even know if its gonna be the full show or just some edited shit. Also, they said it's exclusive here, so one could think the gig will not be broadcasted live at all here.

I don't know if TNT will broadcast RIR live to Argentina or Mexico, because Brasil has a different contract. It's very possible, tho.

Rede Globo will problably show the GNR show, last RIR they showed live just the GNR show... this time wont be different IMO
Rede Globo will NOT broadcast anything live too. Last time GN'R performed, RIR was actually in Rio. The RIR4 was already in Portugal and they just showed some shitty clips. Remember, Globo can't put Guns N' Roses on tv at 8pm here because they had the soaps, news and shit like that.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »

TNT will NOT broadcast the RIR live here in Brasil.

http://tntla.turner.com/br/specials/tnt_concert/rockinrio/index.jsp

They will broadcast only in August and we don't even know if its gonna be the full show or just some edited shit. Also, they said it's exclusive here, so one could think the gig will not be broadcasted live at all here.

I don't know if TNT will broadcast RIR live to Argentina or Mexico, because Brasil has a different contract. It's very possible, tho.

Rede Globo will NOT broadcast anything live too. Last time GN'R performed, RIR was actually in Rio. The RIR4 was already in Portugal and they just showed some shitty clips. Remember, Globo can't put Guns N' Roses on tv at 8pm here because they had the soaps, news and shit like that.

yeah, you're right, but what I know is that Roberto Medina had a contract with Rede Globo to show some headliners live or a edit show from some big artists... maybe that

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »

interpretor please

Hey get Beta on stage now !!!  ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2006, 09:35:22 PM »

Source:? http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/artigo.html?id=625420&lang=en

International TV coverage of Rock in Rio-Lisboa

The success of the 2004 broadcast has resulted in interest from many new international TV channels. Without any doubt, there will be tremendous excitement in Lisbon's City of Rock in 2006 as the world's biggest international music stars are scheduled to perform at Rock in Rio Lisboa, the world's largest and most prestigious music event. The concert will again be televised around the globe and those who are not able to make the trip to the City of Rock on May 26th, 27th or June 2nd, 3rd and 4th, will be able to follow the event on TV, albeit in most countries at a later date.

The 2004 event was not only broadcast around the planet, TV hosts and their crews from more than 10 countries came to Lisbon to shoot their own additional material and interviews. These included: RTL Holland (which broadcast more than 4 hours to their Dutch viewers), TV4 Sweden, DRTV Denmark and DBB Indonesia, to name but a few. And the most popular music program on TVE Spain, "Musica Uno" included special segments about Rock in Rio?Lisboa in several of its Saturday broadcasts; before, during and after the event.

The success of the 2004 broadcast has resulted in interest from many new international TV channels and quite a few have already scheduled Rock in Rio-Lisboa in their 2006 line-up. But only Portugal will see the entire event live. In most of the rest of the world one-hour Specials of each day will be broadcast, while some countries will air a one- or two-hour overall highlight show.

A broadcast schedule for each of the main markets around the world will be posted on this site as it becomes available in the months leading up to the event.

For all information about the international TV broadcast rights, please contact Karen Riddell at rockinrio@comcast.net.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 09:45:38 PM by Prucc » Logged

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »