Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 45391 times)
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I was excited by what I heard from Buckethead on those new demos. I was excited by the idea of all these young kids just picking up guitars for the first time and hearing him on the new GnR album and being excited by someone who just dominates his instrument.

Rock needs a new guitar hero badly, and all these wannabe Korn/Linkin Park/Nu Metal/Strokes/can barely play worth a shit guitarists just ain't cuttin' it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2006, 05:53:14 PM »

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I was excited by what I heard from Buckethead on those new demos. I was excited by the idea of all these young kids just picking up guitars for the first time and hearing him on the new GnR album and being excited by someone who just dominates his instrument.

Rock needs a new guitar hero badly, and all these wannabe Korn/Linkin Park/Nu Metal/Strokes/can barely play worth a shit guitarists just ain't cuttin' it.

Saul has said this many times in this forum and I agree with him.

Bucket would have been a star in GnR.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

I don't know; it's hard to say.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »

suuuuuure? rofl
He was a huge Star in 2002, I mean, he was even more popular than Axl. I tell you man, Buckethead was the main man of Guns N' Roses rofl rofl
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 06:01:39 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2006, 06:00:34 PM »

I don't know; it's hard to say.

considering the fact that when he was in GNR and whenever they got press HE was usually the only guy who got press besides axl kinda proves the point.

If bucket had stayed/returns and GNR gets huge again bucket would/will be the #2 star in that band behind axl rose. That, IMHO is a 110% true statement.

Just my opinion though , ya know?

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »

suuuuuure Lips Sealed
Just a a question: Where the fuck were you in 2002? Because you should know Buckethead was the failure element in this new GN'R...just a little flashback, just in case...

funny how yer boy robin was NEVER mentioned in detail at all by the press , it sure wasnt HIM kurt loder put on the MTV interview either was it? It wasnt robin jimmy fallon mentioned after the VMA's , etc etc etc ....

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:54 PM »

Sure, I know.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a star to me personally once they got it rolling, but a star to the masses. Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »

Dude, did you see Kurt Loder when he interviewed Buckethead? He was terrorized. He had to talk to...A MUPPET.
Absolutely ridiculous, and painfull.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2006, 06:08:31 PM »

Bukethead would be a HUGE star in GN'R... easily #2 behind Axl... perhaps the 2nd biggest rock star in the world if Guns  made it big again... but that's probably much of the reason he ultimately doesn't want the gig... go to a BH concert and it's largely alterna-snobs who don't want their precious Buckethead over-exposed... I think he buckled under all that crap....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

considering the fact that when he was in GNR and whenever they got press HE was usually the only guy who got press besides axl kinda proves the point.

If bucket had stayed/returns and GNR gets huge again bucket would/will be the #2 star in that band behind axl rose. That, IMHO is a 110% true statement.

I agree 100%, Saul. Nesquick and a few other delusional people have no idea how big of a loss this really is. During the past few years, when Blender Magazine would have mentions of GNR, BH was mentioned just as much as Axl, and in a few cases, there was a BH pic with no mention of Axl. BH is the only person from 'new' GNR that could have silenced all the 'where's Slash?' people when the album comes out. He would have been a great presence in the videos. The other members are bland, and no one will really pay much attention. They have no 'aura' that surrounds them. Axl does. BH does. The rest do not. It is a HUGE loss. Not just for the image of the band, but the quality of the album will be called into question if his parts have been removed.

Funny how Nesquick says they are so much better without him. They haven't done shit without him.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2006, 06:10:26 PM »

Dude, did you see Kurt Loder when he interviewed Buckethead? He was terrorized. He had to talk to...A MUPPET.

The interview was awesome. I enjoyed it thoroughly, even moreso because it disturbed others.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jonathan
« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2006, 06:13:20 PM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Why do you even bother looking in these threads? You just say the same thing all the goddamn time.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 06:16:12 PM by I have a good title » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2006, 06:23:11 PM »

Good point Lofton,

GN'R has always been about larger than life personalities... STARS.... inaccessible somehow... not average joes that could be hanging out at your local watering hole... Axl is still a STAR obviously... but the rest of the guys are pretty vanilla... especially since Finck seems to have watered-down his whole NIN goth routine... BH was a personality... a 2nd reason for a casual rock fan to go to a Guns show... few bands have TWO stars to go watch and its a special thing when they do...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »

I agree 100%, Saul. Nesquick and a few other delusional people have no idea how big of a loss this really is. During the past few years, when Blender Magazine would have mentions of GNR, BH was mentioned just as much as Axl, and in a few cases, there was a BH pic with no mention of Axl. BH is the only person from 'new' GNR that could have silenced all the 'where's Slash?' people when the album comes out. He would have been a great presence in the videos. The other members are bland, and no one will really pay much attention. They have no 'aura' that surrounds them. Axl does. BH does. The rest do not. It is a HUGE loss. Not just for the image of the band, but the quality of the album will be called into question if his parts have been removed.

Funny how Nesquick says they are so much better without him. They haven't done shit without him.

absolutley

he was essential to new GNR, the only one beside Axl with that X factor, the press would have lapped him up
and what a guitarist  yes

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »

wow , glad alot of you agree.

I never understood why so many people turned on bucket when he left. Oh well.

As for nesquick , lol , I cant even take that kid seriously anymore ... hate the characther , mask , bucket .. thats fine .. but to be ignorant to the mans talent on guitar and to ignore what he brought to the leaked demo's? Blind ignorance.

Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2006, 07:50:39 PM »

For me it was the intrigue factor when I first got to know Buckethead at his start in GNR.  Then after a few video bootlegs I was like holy shit, this guy is incredible. 

Then when he left I kind of fell into this rut the past 2 years of thinking that he wasn't that big of deal and the other two will pick up the slack.  But it all boils down to the music and these leaks, mainly Better, prove that he could/did fit in nicely with GNR. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2006, 06:45:38 AM »

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 06:47:09 AM by Big Willie » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2006, 06:48:30 AM »

of course izzy could be the new guitarist.....................................................

although they`re probably looking for a bucket replacement..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2006, 07:08:18 AM »

yeah what he ^ said. I would love to see Izzy and Axl together again, but don't you think they would need a guitarist that could play Buckets parts?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2006, 07:11:16 AM »

i thought of that because if there is still a search for lead guitar player - very vital part of a rock band i'm just not sure if it will work out well.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: