Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:11:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Survey Reveals Geographic Illiteracy USA
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Survey Reveals Geographic Illiteracy USA  (Read 11140 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 05:41:57 PM »

On the Dutch news I saw today that most Americans have no clue where Iraq or Afghanistan are. For people who can read Dutch it?s on www.rtlnieuws.nl, under ?opmerkelijk?.

I just giggle everytime someone tries to point out how dumb and uneducated Americans are.  You never see an American poster trying to post some study claiming how unaware or uninformed some Europeans are.  It's funny that these media outlets have nothing better to do than try to report on America.  It just goes to show how important America is and how big its influence and control is over the rest of the world.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 05:47:04 PM »

If Americans are so stupid, they why is America the world's only superpower?? It seems kind of contradictory and illogical to claim that the stupid rule the world. Roll Eyes

Please examine that statement and explain to me how it is not stupid.........

Maybe I'm missing somethign here, but it appears that the common conception from fellow board members (and I infer Europeans) is that Americans are idiots.  So in other words, a country of Idiots is the world's superpower and most influential country.  It seems foolish to me that the "smart" people would allow themselves to be coerced and threatened by people who are intellectually inferior.    In the words of ol' Ben Kenobi, "Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the fool."
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »

did well 20/20 Smiley

Good job, Jaz!  I got one wrong.  Hell, we didn't do bad for Americans! Wink  Roll Eyes

Why don't you just....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 06:46:37 PM »

If Americans are so stupid, they why is America the world's only superpower?  It seems kind of contradictory and illogical to claim that the stupid rule the world. Roll Eyes

Please examine that statement and explain to me how it is not stupid.........

Maybe I'm missing somethign here...

You are.........

funny how you always get the American posters thinking that just because their government has influence, they think that they themselves have more influence...all that brings is delusional arrogance...all you are is a very unimportant small cog unattached to the big machine

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:54:23 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 06:50:08 PM »

I just giggle everytime someone tries to point out how dumb and uneducated Americans are.  You never see an American poster trying to post some study claiming how unaware or uninformed some Europeans are.  It's funny that these media outlets have nothing better to do than try to report on America.  It just goes to show how important America is and how big its influence and control is over the rest of the world.

maybe because Europeans answered more questions correct than Americans

and there is a difference between "important" and "oversaturation"

funny how you always get the American posters thinking that just because their government has influence, they think that they themselves have more influence...all that brings is delusional arrogance...all you are is a very unimportant small cog unattached to the big machine

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »

You are.........

You have to explain it so people can understand.......

If Americans are so stupid, they why is America the world's only superpower? It seems kind of contradictory and illogical to claim that the stupid rule the world. Roll Eyes

That mentality is about the equivalent of "O'Doyle Rules!!!!" from Billy Madison

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 06:58:19 PM »

You are.........

You have to explain it so people can understand.......

It was just too much for me to bring myself to the keyboard to do it.............Although Q nailed it for me.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »

So in other words, a country of Idiots is the world's superpower and most influential country.  It seems foolish to me that the "smart" people would allow themselves to be coerced and threatened by people who are intellectually inferior.    In the words of ol' Ben Kenobi, "Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the fool."

so what youre saying is America is coercing and threatening other countries?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 07:02:30 PM »

^ I cant wait for the answer to that one hihi

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 07:03:33 PM »

so Americans are dumb if they dont know where the original CSI takes place?

I never watch that show.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 07:05:14 PM »

That was a stupid question for that test. Not sure what the point was. I'm glad I missed that one. The other 12 not so much

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 07:13:41 PM »

That was a stupid question for that test. Not sure what the point was. I'm glad I missed that one. The other 12 not so much

I think the point was that more people would know about the TV show then about more important facts. Which is probably true.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »

They should have asked what city Jerry Springer films his show in, if thats their intent

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

So in other words, a country of Idiots is the world's superpower and most influential country.? It seems foolish to me that the "smart" people would allow themselves to be coerced and threatened by people who are intellectually inferior.? ? In the words of ol' Ben Kenobi, "Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the fool."

Well yea.  Ever hear of economic sanctions?  How about peace keeping missions?  America uses its economy and military to secure its well being in the world.  I have no problem with this and even support it.  Thus why I'll be a commissioned officer in 2 months in the Army.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

I just giggle everytime someone tries to point out how dumb and uneducated Americans are.? You never see an American poster trying to post some study claiming how unaware or uninformed some Europeans are.? It's funny that these media outlets have nothing better to do than try to report on America.? It just goes to show how important America is and how big its influence and control is over the rest of the world.

maybe because Europeans answered more questions correct than Americans

And where did you come to that conclusion?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 08:40:51 PM »

So in other words, a country of Idiots is the world's superpower and most influential country.  It seems foolish to me that the "smart" people would allow themselves to be coerced and threatened by people who are intellectually inferior.    In the words of ol' Ben Kenobi, "Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the fool."

Well yea.  Ever hear of economic sanctions?  How about peace keeping missions?  America uses its economy and military to secure its well being in the world.  I have no problem with this and even support it.  Thus why I'll be a commissioned officer in 2 months in the Army.

secures its well being, yes, to the detriment of other countries yes...

well its good for you to have such a well defined job...frees you from the morality of your orders

(Winston Churchill)"
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 08:51:44 PM »

And where did you come to that conclusion?

previous surveys that involved other countries and their comparison...america was bottom of the list on one of them and on another they were near the bottom...the last 2 i remember

(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 09:41:19 PM »

That test was easy
only questions I missed were the CSI one and I missed where one of those counties were located, the SRI something?? i had no idea

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2006, 04:16:03 AM »

lol no one knows the csi one? i must be the only one...not somethin to be proud of though...lol sri lanka D..i only knew that one cuz i know someone whos parents are from there...but i got about 3 wrong.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2006, 12:25:03 AM »

It is worse than you can imagine. I read a survey in US News and World Report that asked high schoold seniors in Los Angeles to find the US on blank map of the world, and one-half  could not! Think about  it: find the country in which you live! And one-half could  not. [Of  course, that  half  was from Mexico so they were  confused, but still, you would think they could find the country to which they migrated. This part is a  joke, the  rest is factual.] 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: