Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]  (Read 65352 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2006, 11:22:37 AM »

ok

the one an only horsey !
Death Cube K
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2006, 11:23:57 AM »

Axl needs to grow the fuck up and show up on time! a little late maybe but... hours is so fucking stipid. I saw axl of the 15th in nyc and i like him, but this is ridiculous!

Yeah, good luck with that mate... peace

Just plan your time according to it and theres no problem.

Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2006, 11:44:12 AM »

The new band is awesome. I saw all 4 NY shows, and I can't believe some of the bad reviews they got... i mean I wonder if some of these reporters even go to the shows.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »

Whats the intro like?
I really liked the intro on the last tour, with the small film clip, then the stuttered start to WTTJ
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »

Thanks Ignatus ok

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2006, 12:04:21 PM »

Whats the intro like?
I really liked the intro on the last tour, with the small film clip, then the stuttered start to WTTJ

The intro is very close to the original used on the previous tour in my opinion.

It's very eerie, and ominous...straight out the Exorcist or a movie along those lines probably Tongue

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
shaun
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »

Whats the intro like?

The intro is very close to the original used on the previous tour in my opinion.

It's very eerie, and ominous...straight out the Exorcist or a movie along those lines probably Tongue

Does it show the Axl cartoon? (as shown at Vegas i think)

Does it show the footage (people being hung/shot) with the voice of a crazed leader speaking over the top (as shown at the begining of the London arena show).
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

It's real easy...

One still has the untouchably amazing voice he had nearly 20 years ago, while the other is on the verge of death and has to scream or rap in attempts at "singing"...

Im sure you can guess which is which...

We're talking about Axl in 2002 vs. 2006 now?  Tongue
jahanafm
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2006, 06:03:22 PM »

I didn't want to write in a topic headlined by spanish concert wasn't big or spain prefers adler's apettite.
I know that some morons cried "hijos de puta" in the wait for the show but there were only a few. I was there and believed me people left the auditorium happy, it was a wonderful show Axl's voice is better than ever!! incredible. And press reviews... Spanish press sucks!!! and musical press is the worst of them!! It's the same agency review that all the newspapers repit and she doesn't know what is she talking about!

After this show i have o see more!! i am looking for more shows i have to earn money!!

Guns N' Roses Forever!!
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2006, 06:22:45 PM »

Grin glad you had fun!

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »

Hi people, I'm from Barcelona and I didn't go to the concert but today I read really bad reviews but I don't care because MARISCALROCK is always against Guns N' Roses, they just support little groups, Mago de Oz (I used to like them) and Iron Maiden ( I love Them). There's always something against Guns n' Roses but just in mariskalrock if you read the magazine Popular 1 or Metalhammer, in the whole, the comments are not as bad as the other one. When Guns N' Roses was touring during the UYI tour the reviews were bad as well.

But let correct myself, mariskalrock is against Axl and the new project.? The most "funny" part of the Madrid's review is when Mariskal says that the clue of the Guns N' Roses succes is not Axl, that Axl need the old band to succes again....

So don't believe Mariskal he will always blame of Axl
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:12:27 PM by Rock the jungle » Logged
bucketheadfan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »

The First Show GNR in Europe Since 2002 jejejeje

Long Long Live GN'R
Perry
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2006, 08:10:02 AM »

Hi, I'm new here.
I went to the Show in Madrid. It Was my first G'n'R show. I was waiting for it all my life.
The Show started 2 hours late, that's right. But the opening act starts 45 m late, so we can say Axl get 1'15 h late.
And again, 2 hours late... well, all my life I read that's the rule with Guns and Roses. They start 2 hours late, or they don't play, or they don't finish the show. So for me, that was ok.
Then there wasn't any kind of introduction. The band arrived to the Auditorium and they get directly on the Stage, all members at the same time, and start to play Wellcome to the Jungle.
The Worst part was the crowd. People don't understand that delay is a part of the Show. The Most of them were there only to hear the old tunes. Nobody seems to know the new tunes. Crow reaction were great at the begining of the show, but then it was gettin' colder.
In a point of the show they start to play Out ta get me, I Wanted to dance, sing, jump, goin' crazy... but all people around me were standin looking at the Stage and no kind of reaction. So I went Crazy, I run over those bored people, and make my way to the front of the Stage looking for some action.
The Higlights of the Show were Paradise city, that was awsome, and November rain. A friend of mine told me that another guy behind him were cryin' without control. Guitar Solos on November rain were amazing.
The Band sounds great. Fortus plays like an animal and has the Rock attitude. The New Guy, bumblefoot, made a fantastic solo and play his foot guitar on it.
It Was Great to see Axl doing the Snake like the old days, running form one side of the stage to the other like in the Illusions tour and dancin' like in the You could Be Mine clip.
He seemed to be happy and sings perfect. In a poin of the show the made some kind of jam playin James Brown I feel good, and Axl showed us al his vocal range.
The bad part of the show was the volume, not as loud as shoud be, and too much solos. Dizzy solo, Fortus solo, two Fink solos, bumblefoot solo. Too much. And I don't really like Fink solos. Fortus and Bumblefoot solos were better than Fink one's. (And I'm not talking about the Songs).
The New songs sounded great, Better and TWAT are both amazing, but they all are Slow ones (Except Chinese and Better) and some people looked bored at that point.
I think Axl is moving in the right direction. A tour without new songs has no sense with a new band. A new band needs new songs. A show based in the old songs only had sense in a Reunion tour.
And Touring before releasing the album is the better way to put band's name on the press and get the World's attention.

mean_machine
Opening Act

« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »

With my bad English I will try to post a review for the Madrid show :

We ( me , Christos , and Natasa )  went outside the stadium at 2 clock if I remember correct.
We all knew that would be a very difficult day as we had to wait a lot of time outside. It was a hot day and with only a bottle of water was harder.
But all changes when the soundcheck started and from this time we didnt give a fuck about anything else.
The things went better as we heard mr Rose singing at this soundcheck.It was like a warm up show for us , as we heared not only 1-2 songs but more.
So the time had come and the doors finally opened.
We stopped first at the merchandise and we bought everything   ok
We went into the stadium    at the 2-3nd line so we had a good point of view.
By seeing the stage only we were enthousiastic.
After some hours and with a big delay of axl  ( we dont care , we all love him )
everything was ready and the intro had started.
For me   the time had stopped as I couldnt believe that I was watching Guns N Roses for my very first time.
I'd like to share with you , and i'm very honest , that I was feeling very strange by seeing Axl and couldn't do anything.
I was freeze by seeing him on the stage.
It was something unique for me that I will never forget and all these because of Axl and Guns N Roses.
Robin have become perfect , not only because of his new look but for his great feeling on the stage too.

It was a great show  with a perfect setlist.
The new songs  were amazing. Especially   " chinese democracy ".
Axl was very cool on the stage and he proved for one more time who's the king.
One more thing I will never forgett is when we met  GNR  at the airport of Lisbon.
Something unique to have a short talk with some people you love and you always will.

In  Madrid and Lisbon I met some great people on this forum like  Jarmo , Ignatius , Emiliano and many others.
I dont remember all , but I'd like to thank all of you and I hope we will met again in the future.

Thx GN'R  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 06:10:04 PM by mean_machine » Logged

Madrid 2006
Lisbon 2006
Athens 2006
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »

With my bad English I will try to post a review for the Madrid show :

We ( me , Christos , and Natasa )  went outside the stadium at 2 clock if I remember correct.
We all knew that would be a very difficult day as we had to wait a lot of time outside. It was a hot day and with only a bottle of water was harder.
But all changes when the soundcheck started and from this time we didnt give a fuck about anything else.
The things went better as we heard mr Rose singing at this soundcheck.It was like a warm up show for us , as we heared not only 1-2 songs but more.
So the time had come and the doors finally opened.
We stopped first at the merchandise and we bought evrething   ok
We went into the stadium    at the 2-3nd line so we had a good point of view.
By seeing the stage only we were enthousiastic.
After some hours and with a big delay of axl  ( we dont care , we all love him )
everything was ready and the intro had started.
For me   the time had stopped as I couldnt believe that I was watching Guns N Roses for my very first time.
I'd like to share with you , and i'm very honest , that I was feeling very strange by seeing Axl and couldn't do anything.
I was freeze by seeing him on the stage.
It was something unique for me that I will never forget and all these because of Axl and Guns N Roses.
Robin have become perfect , not only because of his new look but for his great feeling on the stage too.

It was a great show  with a perfect setlist.
The new songs  were amazing. Especially   " chinese democracy ".
Axl was very cool on the stage and he proved for one more time who's the king.
One more thing I will never forgett is when we met  GNR  at the airport of Lisbon.
Something unique to have a short talk with some people you love and you always will.

In  Madrid and Lisbon I met some great people on this forum like  Jarmo , Ignatius , Emiliano and many others.
I dont remember all , but I'd like to thank all of you and I hope we will met again in the future.

Thx GN'R  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poso se zhlevw...!  ok

Cool review
Who did you talk to at the airport?
mean_machine
Opening Act

« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2006, 05:59:23 PM »

axl wasnt at the airport  but I met the others.
They not only  great on the stage but they are great as  people too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 06:01:17 PM by mean_machine » Logged

Madrid 2006
Lisbon 2006
Athens 2006
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: