Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who should replace buckethead?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should replace buckethead?  (Read 61576 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

No offense (I love buckethead) but GnR doesn't need any more oddly shaved heads, KFC buckets, and/or silly looking face paint. Am I the only one who thought the VMA's looked a little bit like a freak show?

Once again, I love the new stuff, I love all them members, but come-on... gangsta jerseys, kfc, monk haircuts... we don't need Wes.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:59 AM »

Yeah, that's exactly what GnR needs... Limp Bizkit members... maybe if we get real lucky we could get some Link n' Sync members too. Urgh. Huh? Roll Eyes

GNR already has someone whos played with N'Sync.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2006, 09:45:59 AM »

Yeah, that's exactly what GnR needs... Limp Bizkit members... maybe if we get real lucky we could get some Link n' Sync members too. Urgh. Huh? Roll Eyes

GNR already has someone whos played with N'Sync.

Link n' Sync in my name for Linkin Park, whom place as low on my totem of respec as N'Sinc, Limp Bizkit, Korn and all the other manufactured Crap Rock Bands, Faith No More rip-offs (N'Sinc excluded of course).

Every Korn song in exictance is a rip-off of Midlife Crisis by Faith No More.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:50:40 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2006, 09:47:10 AM »

I dont believe that you can replace BH.
Remember; you still can replace Slash.
Every new member in or whatever, is new and will be new;
you can not realy replace a single person for real.
But you can do what you can, and I believe in a compromise
the GN'R members are looking for. Nothin is over for real.
But when the search is over, I believe for sure it will be great
again. And then we have a real huge base belonging
to Guns N' Roses.    ...   

WHAT THE FUCK....??

BH sucks compaired to slash. slash is GNR. he's just as Gnr as axl. they are the heart of the band. BH is just some punk that thinks he can be a all star. to bad he never will be.

and i say a unknown. some one who likes old school not new age. GNR needs to sound like GNR. thats what makes the band great. i suggest some one who has been playing for at least 15 years. you dont want to 20 year old with a 45 year old. its like off .... just a little.

Jonathan
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2006, 09:49:28 AM »

I dont believe that you can replace BH.
Remember; you still can replace Slash.
Every new member in or whatever, is new and will be new;
you can not realy replace a single person for real.
But you can do what you can, and I believe in a compromise
the GN'R members are looking for. Nothin is over for real.
But when the search is over, I believe for sure it will be great
again. And then we have a real huge base belonging
to Guns N' Roses.? ? ...? ?

WHAT THE FUCK....??

BH sucks compaired to slash. slash is GNR. he's just as Gnr as axl. they are the heart of the band. BH is just some punk that thinks he can be a all star. to bad he never will be.

and i say a unknown. some one who likes old school not new age. GNR needs to sound like GNR. thats what makes the band great. i suggest some one who has been playing for at least 15 years. you dont want to 20 year old with a 45 year old. its like off .... just a little.

I think you better check, both your eyes and your ears, because you obviously don't know shit.

Sucks compared to Slash? Have you ever seen Buckethead play?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:51:48 AM by I have a good title » Logged
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2006, 09:49:33 AM »

i think axl should talk to wes borland...............about making choclate brownies and what fabric conditioner he uses,oh and his fav shampoo.but not about joining GNR  peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Shotgun
Opening Act

Bon Jovi can suck my dick

« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »

He is an awesome player, and would bring a great skill set to the band.

I think this discussion has already been made a few years ago.

I don't like him.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2006, 10:16:53 AM »

Terrible idea - it wouldn't even be a good marketing idea to attract "new" fans.  LB are a joke, a flash in the pan.  nobody take them or their music seriously anymore.  There are much more talented guitar players out there.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »

Terrible idea - it wouldn't even be a good marketing idea to attract "new" fans.? LB are a joke, a flash in the pan.? nobody take them or their music seriously anymore.? There are much more talented guitar players out there.

they were a fucking gimmick band that hit the right time like kid rock... No one gives a fuck about that shit anymore.. Ten years from now no one will be dying for a limp reunion... yeah we need another nookie hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »

I agree  ok

and when i posted this a year and a half ago i got the same response hihi

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2006, 10:21:09 AM »

I don't like Wes Borland or Limp Bizkit and I think it would be a horrible move for Axl.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »

Terrible idea - it wouldn't even be a good marketing idea to attract "new" fans.  LB are a joke, a flash in the pan.  nobody take them or their music seriously anymore.  There are much more talented guitar players out there.

they were a fucking gimmick band that hit the right time like kid rock... No one gives a fuck about that shit anymore.. Ten years from now no one will be dying for a limp reunion... yeah we need another nookie hihi

exactly, most of the rock in the mid to late 90s was all gimmick rock, all looking for "the next big sound" but all failing miserably.  Even the ones that were successful, now their sound just seems so dated and boring.  Does anyone still put on their LB or kid rock or linkin park CDs???  I bet they get played as much as my Dokken discs hahah

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #272 on: March 20, 2006, 10:23:55 AM »

Wes Borland is busy now, he formed a band with former Nine Inch Nails bassist Danny Lohner and drummer Josh Freese called Black Light Burns.

and for all you people hating on him, he was offered guitarist spots in Nine Inch Nails and A Perfect Circle.

Fred Durst is a no talent asshole and Limp Bizkit as a whole sucks,  but Wes Borland is a damn good guitarist.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:27:59 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2006, 10:28:46 AM »

It would be cool if Axl could talk Zakk Wylde to come join him.But that would never happen
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #274 on: March 20, 2006, 10:30:47 AM »

Terrible idea - it wouldn't even be a good marketing idea to attract "new" fans.? LB are a joke, a flash in the pan.? nobody take them or their music seriously anymore.? There are much more talented guitar players out there.

exactly, most of the rock in the mid to late 90s was all gimmick rock, all looking for "the next big sound" but all failing miserably.? Even the ones that were successful, now their sound just seems so dated and boring.? Does anyone still put on their LB or kid rock or linkin park CDs?Huh I bet they get played as much as my Dokken discs hahah

hey I'm still breaking the chains Kiss  Linkin park. . never disliked a band more ,that cover of home sweet home with vince nervous that fucking shit song breaking the habbit that played sim milion time per day.. I wonder if anyone will care about creed in a few years.. All those albums sold ,4 number one singles off one album
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #275 on: March 20, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »

No. No. And ... no. rant

After the KFC freak, I don't want anybody from Biscuit Mou in GN'R.

I love the actual line-up just as it is, thanks. Robin & Richard will do just fine yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #276 on: March 20, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »

Wes Borland is busy now, he formed a band with former Nine Inch Nails bassist Danny Lohner and drummer Josh Freese called Black Light Burns.

and for all you people hating on him, he was offered guitarist spots in Nine Inch Nails and A Perfect Circle.

Fred Durst is a no talent asshole and Limp Bizkit as a whole sucks,  but Wes Borland is a damn good guitarist.

I totally agree. Just say no to Wes Borland. Horrible idea. Shame on whomever started this thread.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »

I thought Wes was Buckethead.  hihi

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #278 on: March 20, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »

exactly, most of the rock in the mid to late 90s was all gimmick rock, all looking for "the next big sound" but all failing miserably.  Even the ones that were successful, now their sound just seems so dated and boring.  Does anyone still put on their LB or kid rock or linkin park CDs???  I bet they get played as much as my Dokken discs hahah

hey I'm still breaking the chains Kiss  Linkin park. . never disliked a band more ,that cover of home sweet home with vince nervous that fucking shit song breaking the habbit that played sim milion time per day.. I wonder if anyone will care about creed in a few years.. All those albums sold ,4 number one singles off one album

I know, its amazing how the 90s/early 2000s bands sold tons of records.  But, if you look at record sales historically, they don't mean much in terms of how a band/music is remembered.  I mean, even Vanilla Ice sold a lot of records, MC Hammer.....Winger and Warrant were prob multi platinum too you know?  now they are punch lines.  I think the masses will consume anything you put in front of them to be honest.  If you sell the packaging, it doesn't really matter whats inside to most people.

Breaking the chains IS a good tune! haha.  but NOTHING tops Dream Warriors...awesome video too hahaha  ok  Dear god, I am having flash backs to the breaking the chains video - I think that could be the worst video of the 1980s - the scene when they literally "break the chains" JUST in time for the guitar solo hahaha.  So funny.  Even funnier is the fact I owend the VHS of all the dokken videos.  I was sooo cool. haha

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #279 on: March 20, 2006, 11:42:19 AM »

I thought Wes was Buckethead.? hihi

Wha???  You're joking, right?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: