Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ever wonder what Axl could've done with Slash's VR riffs......
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ever wonder what Axl could've done with Slash's VR riffs......  (Read 5349 times)
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 07:57:16 AM »

axl would've thrown them away because they're to weak to be gn'r songs. vr sounds nothing like gn'r.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

Incidentally, I find it hypocritical that in a rolling stone interview in 2000, Axl said he orginally wanted to release a traditional rock album, but Slash stopped him. Yet later Slash said Axl was the one who rejected the Snakepit album, which was a traditional rock album. And it's not because of the quality, because Axl later wanted it back. Just one of the many contradictions of Axl's views.

Yeah, who knows what the real truth is... Huh

I still think it's so stupid comparing nuGN'R and VR, when both (at least what I'm hearing) don't compare to original GN'R, I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »

axl would've thrown them away because they're to weak to be gn'r songs. vr sounds nothing like gn'r.

Neither do newGnR.

Remember the original GnR were primarily a hard rock band, there most famous album was hard rock, and VR are way more hard rock than newGnR

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 06:16:30 AM »

i wounder about it all the time, on songs like sucket rain blues, dirty little thing, slither, set me free, headspace i think axl's lyrics and energy would have made them songs bigger and better than what they are, but the musical side of things, i think slash has done very well since he left GnR, he's had good songs, solid albums, which his guitar parts are great throughout, maybe the song was weak in other areas but slash has been a great guitarist through all of them

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 06:21:04 AM »

I think Axl would have done a Snakepit and rejected them all!

Jonx

Didn't axl try and change his mind on that once it was a little too late? Same with some of Gilby's songs?

it's a shame fans buy into groundless rumours like this. everything axl has made since UYI has been well below gnr standards, axl is better off without him. listen to TWAT and madagascar and better and you'll see what i'm talking about. i think slash could have made some good shit with axl again if they could only work together, slash needed axl to drive that shit outta him, but like axl said "he didn't wanna work that hard". nuff said.

I think you mean "everything Slash has made" and if you do i Totaly agree

At least Slash has released something. Axl hasn't released anything, except one weak song on a soundtrack. And your saying Slash is the one who needs Axl! No Way!

Axl did play five other songs live of which only two were any good, Madagascar and The Blues. Madagascar is a very good song and would have been one of the strongest songs on Contraband, but the Blues is weaker than all the ballads on Contraband. The three other songs probably wouldn't have made any of Slash's albums since GnR.

Of the leaks, Better and Cactcher In The Rye are both very good, but You Got No Right and Slither are better than anything Axl has released so far.

Of course, nothing Slash has done compares to old GnR, but until the new GnR release an album, nothing Axl does without Slash will compare to old GnR either.

Incidentally, I find it hypocritical that in a rolling stone interview in 2000, Axl said he orginally wanted to release a traditional rock album, but Slash stopped him. Yet later Slash said Axl was the one who rejected the Snakepit album, which was a traditional rock album. And it's not because of the quality, because Axl later wanted it back. Just one of the many contradictions of Axl's views.

bullshit. this whole post is pure bullshit. "axl wanted it back"?! look at axl's standards compated to slash's! besides, the blues alone knocks the whole contraband album into embarrasment.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »

bullshit. this whole post is pure bullshit. "axl wanted it back"?! look at axl's standards compated to slash's! besides, the blues alone knocks the whole contraband album into embarrasment.

I think you're missing the point of the post my friend - No one , at least I don't think anyone, is doubting that the Chinese Dem. Album will blow away Contraband, but
there are definitely some cool riffs / guitar moments on Contraband, to say the least. All we're saying is that they could've been even BETTER ( no pun intended)
with the ole' Axl touch

Later
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 09:41:56 PM »

I always heard that Axl wanted to stretch and go in new directions and that Sorum , Slash and company didn't want that anymore. That they got tired of Rose's strict handling of what they wanted.

The VR album is ok and has some good riffs but Axl woulda made " Slither " into something completely wild if it was a Guns n Roses song. I have to say....the CD album by G'n'R just shows more from what tracks we've heard.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 11:38:50 PM »

I think Axl would have done a Snakepit and rejected them all!

Jonx

Didn't axl try and change his mind on that once it was a little too late? Same with some of Gilby's songs?

it's a shame fans buy into groundless rumours like this. everything axl has made since UYI has been well below gnr standards, axl is better off without him. listen to TWAT and madagascar and better and you'll see what i'm talking about. i think slash could have made some good shit with axl again if they could only work together, slash needed axl to drive that shit outta him, but like axl said "he didn't wanna work that hard". nuff said.

I think you mean "everything Slash has made" and if you do i Totaly agree

same here. i thought VR was awesome at first, but the more i listened to it i realised that this would be an excellent album for some fresh new faces to the music scene, but from a group of seasoned musicians with over 20 years experience in writing music its pretty generic, almost "phoned in".

I cannot agree. Given the pathetic state of rock these days, what VR was to make a really good (not classic, but very strong) rock album. It  was  done quickly and before the band jelled. But still they were popular  on tour and sold  a ton of albums. Nothing "phoned in" about their live performance, as anyone who has seen them can attest.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: