Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:25:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  If you love GNR you might like this
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you love GNR you might like this  (Read 2590 times)
Jovie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 09, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »

They are an irish band called Aviator Shades i found on myspace...download their songs free and let me know what ya think of em

http://artists.cpu.ie//bands/1378/
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »

Erm, wrong section, pal.

Nice Boys Don't Play Rock N'Roll? ok Or Bad Obsession, whatever.

Jovie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:38:12 AM »

sorry new here
Jovie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 06:54:11 AM »

does no one like these guys
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 03:53:06 PM »

Let me guess, your a member of this band? I'll have a listen all the same.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 08:42:40 PM »

The guitar tone is really good, considering this isn't a huge band. It kind of reminds me of Dimebag. The band name is excellent. I recommend speeding up Coming Home, though. It's a bit too slow as it is. The vocalist needs more POWER, too. He needs more enthusiasm and strength in his voice. He sounds bored. The song is good, but it needs more juice. Get someone like Phil Anselmo (Cowboys from Hell era) or Sebastian Bach. That would make it 10x better. The solo is good, but short. Interestingly, the song ends just after the solo. It needs an outrow or something else.

The second song has an Iron Maiden vibe to it that I like. It's much better than the first one. The solo is much, much better. Let me guess; the first song is the radio single for mainstream appeal, while this one is the kick ass one that attracts long term fans, right? Wink

The third song, All of my Life, is a passable ballad. It suffers from the same fate as the first song, though, except its speed is dead-on, unlike the slow first one. The solo needs to be more bluesy, Slash style, and get rid of the overly fast parts, this is a ballad here. The notes should last longer and be more "emotional" than the "rocker" song solos. Keep the solo a constant speed with not too much heavy shredding. The ending guitar work is rock solid, though.

Hold On just doesn't seem necessary. It's not as good as All of my Life (the best ballad), and it doesn't seem to have the potential of Coming Home. Maybe I'm just ballad sick. Make more Maiden-esque songs like Flee to the Sea!  peace

Overall, this is one of the best underground bands I've heard posted here. They should really look into converting to heavy metal with a classic sound like Saxon or Angel Witch. This is too heavy (read: good) to appeal to the modern rock scene today. This band really has a lot of potential; it's much like Iron Maiden's first 2 albums. Get a Bruce Dickinson clone and you're set.  Smiley

If you're from this band, keep going for it, since this has a lot of potential. If you're the singer, take lessons.  hihi
Jovie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:57:44 AM »

The guitar tone is really good, considering this isn't a huge band. It kind of reminds me of Dimebag. The band name is excellent. I recommend speeding up Coming Home, though. It's a bit too slow as it is. The vocalist needs more POWER, too. He needs more enthusiasm and strength in his voice. He sounds bored. The song is good, but it needs more juice. Get someone like Phil Anselmo (Cowboys from Hell era) or Sebastian Bach. That would make it 10x better. The solo is good, but short. Interestingly, the song ends just after the solo. It needs an outrow or something else.

The second song has an Iron Maiden vibe to it that I like. It's much better than the first one. The solo is much, much better. Let me guess; the first song is the radio single for mainstream appeal, while this one is the kick ass one that attracts long term fans, right? Wink

The third song, All of my Life, is a passable ballad. It suffers from the same fate as the first song, though, except its speed is dead-on, unlike the slow first one. The solo needs to be more bluesy, Slash style, and get rid of the overly fast parts, this is a ballad here. The notes should last longer and be more "emotional" than the "rocker" song solos. Keep the solo a constant speed with not too much heavy shredding. The ending guitar work is rock solid, though.

Hold On just doesn't seem necessary. It's not as good as All of my Life (the best ballad), and it doesn't seem to have the potential of Coming Home. Maybe I'm just ballad sick. Make more Maiden-esque songs like Flee to the Sea!? peace

Overall, this is one of the best underground bands I've heard posted here. They should really look into converting to heavy metal with a classic sound like Saxon or Angel Witch. This is too heavy (read: good) to appeal to the modern rock scene today. This band really has a lot of potential; it's much like Iron Maiden's first 2 albums. Get a Bruce Dickinson clone and you're set.? Smiley

If you're from this band, keep going for it, since this has a lot of potential. If you're the singer, take lessons.? hihi
Maybe i could do with some lessons then...but thanx a lot man for takin so much time to listen to our songs and givin us a review...i really appriciate it..gonna take everything you said on board...thanx a lot man
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: