Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 445891 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2004, 10:16:55 AM »

Well i was there and got fuckin' pissed off waiting ready to collapse but Joey did a fuckin' good job playing on most of the songs, unfortunately since Metallica took so long to get out the set was very reduced no Fuel, One or any new stuff
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2004, 11:22:46 AM »

Cool and all but don?t forget a man is on the hospital.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2004, 11:36:15 AM »

Very cool! Cool

Wonder what's wrong with Lars - maybe he's just sick cuz he was going to play in a DOWNLOAD festival.  hihi

Seriously - hope he's ok.  ok

peace

Why don't you just....
Chris Misfit
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2004, 01:45:46 PM »

I'm not one for rumors but a promoter I know, who deals with one of the bands on the bill, just told me that Lars was backstage drunk.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2004, 05:44:15 PM »

Sad for Metallica and Lars Ulrich...  Cry

I wonder, how Metallica so soon can find an replacement for Ulrich... I mean Axl couldnt find anybody for Buckethead in RIR4 and he had over 2 month....  rant

Where there is will, there is a way... Or something like that...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2004, 09:04:19 PM »

im hoping this isn't a reoccurance of his rotator cuff injury
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2004, 09:10:36 PM »

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has issued a videotaped message explaining his absence from the group's headlining performance at the Download festival on Sunday (June 6). A BLABBERMOUTH.NET transcript of the message follows:

"We've been going pretty hard for most of the year, as you are aware, and we had to take a little bit of a chill-out time back there in October, as some of our Latin American friends might remember. It kind of caught up with me the other day, and I had to just kind of chill out. There's no reason to bore anybody with a lot of details. But I'm fine, as you can see, and I'm looking forward to playing tonight. I had a little episode on the airplane going to Donington the other day, and I thought that it would be best to get it checked out 'cause I was having a bit of a weird half hour there. I think that the last six months of playing super-duty metal and traveling all over the world at my age kind of caught up to me a little bit. But I wanna thank, obviously, all the fans at Donington for being so supportive. And I wanna thank? From what I heard from James and Kirk and Rob, it went well. And I wanna thank, obviously, Joey from SLIPKNOT for stepping up, and Dave from SLAYER? God, I wish I could have seen that. No, on the second thought, it's probably better that I don't see it. But that's pretty cool that Joey and Dave, and of course, Flemming, my trusted companion and drum roadie for coming up on 20 years this year, [stepped up]. So I appreciate the three of those guys [filling in], I appreciate my 50,000 friends in England for being supportive and understanding. This is the first METALLICA show I've ever missed, so I still have the best track record. But sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do. So I apologize to all our friends, once again, who traveled and? We've had an awesome run in England, between Reading and Leeds and the secret Donington show and the couple of nights at Earls Court, so I'm sorry that I missed it. But I'm back here in Ludwigshafen [Germany, site of Tuesday night's METALLICA show] and we're gonna just keep going 'till we fall over. [laughs] I appreciate all the love and the support and all you fucking haters out there, I know who you are and I know where you live and I'm gonna come find you? Nah, it's all good."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2004, 05:24:49 AM »

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has issued a videotaped message explaining his absence from the group's headlining performance at the Download festival on Sunday (June 6). A BLABBERMOUTH.NET transcript of the message follows:

"We've been going pretty hard for most of the year, as you are aware, and we had to take a little bit of a chill-out time back there in October, as some of our Latin American friends might remember. It kind of caught up with me the other day, and I had to just kind of chill out. There's no reason to bore anybody with a lot of details. But I'm fine, as you can see, and I'm looking forward to playing tonight. I had a little episode on the airplane going to Donington the other day, and I thought that it would be best to get it checked out 'cause I was having a bit of a weird half hour there. I think that the last six months of playing super-duty metal and traveling all over the world at my age kind of caught up to me a little bit. But I wanna thank, obviously, all the fans at Donington for being so supportive. And I wanna thank? From what I heard from James and Kirk and Rob, it went well. And I wanna thank, obviously, Joey from SLIPKNOT for stepping up, and Dave from SLAYER? God, I wish I could have seen that. No, on the second thought, it's probably better that I don't see it. But that's pretty cool that Joey and Dave, and of course, Flemming, my trusted companion and drum roadie for coming up on 20 years this year, [stepped up]. So I appreciate the three of those guys [filling in], I appreciate my 50,000 friends in England for being supportive and understanding. This is the first METALLICA show I've ever missed, so I still have the best track record. But sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do. So I apologize to all our friends, once again, who traveled and? We've had an awesome run in England, between Reading and Leeds and the secret Donington show and the couple of nights at Earls Court, so I'm sorry that I missed it. But I'm back here in Ludwigshafen [Germany, site of Tuesday night's METALLICA show] and we're gonna just keep going 'till we fall over. [laughs] I appreciate all the love and the support and all you fucking haters out there, I know who you are and I know where you live and I'm gonna come find you? Nah, it's all good."

So in other words he was as high as a kite and just had a bad 'trip' confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2004, 09:02:44 PM »

There?s no way that Sliptnokt?s  drumer can beat Lars Urich, no fucking way.
No No No Sweet child O?....ups sorry!

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2004, 05:48:35 AM »

Lars is the most untalanted drummer ever to make it big. He used like 4 drum tracks in the studio version of One! He has to play a different version live because he can't do the studio one!  rofl

And by now, he should know how to use the double bass. He is a horrible drummer. There's a reason why he is the most hated member of Metallica.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2004, 04:58:08 PM »

There's a reason why he is the most hated member of Metallica.

Yeah because people think he's an annoying little prick who is the leader behind the scenes and therefore the one behind things like suing Napster, it has nothing to do with his drumming as i like many think he is a pretty damn good drummer
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2004, 07:12:19 PM »

Lars' stick action was never really that good.  He just used a lot of double bass and that was about it.

And to the person who said Jordison is not better than Ulrich....I can only laugh.
Ulrich is average at best.  Jordison is the most talented drummer around.  The only other people over the last two decades worth mentioning in the same sentance as him are Travis Barker and Neal Pert (and maybe Danny Carey from Tool).

Jordison is probably the best rock/metal drummer alive right now and the probably best since Bonham.  Ulrich is nowhere near.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2004, 06:17:50 AM »

Here's a question for some people here. Many have said Use Your Illusion should have been 1 record with only the great songs, and none of the filler. If the Loads were combined with only the good songs, what would it look like? So, put your proposed track lists here. Here's mine. 12 songs taken out of the 27.

#1. Fuel
#2. Ain't my Bitch
#3. King Nothing
#4. Ronnie
#5. The Memory Remains
#6. The Unforgiven II
#7. 2x4
#8. Attitude
#9. Mama Said
#10. Prince Charming
#11. The Outlaw Torn
#12. Carpe Diem Baby
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2004, 07:37:10 AM »

1. Fuel
2. King Nothing
3. The Memory Remains
4. Where The Wild Things Are
5. Better Than You
6. Ain't My Bitch
7. The Unforgiven II
8. Carpe Diem Baby
9. Ronnie
10. Prince Charming
11. Until It Sleeps
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2004, 01:44:47 PM »

Those two albums are awful - i don't think there is any songs on there worthy of inclusion on any album. I'm not even sure i have listened to them all the way through

The band that did Master of Puppets just doesn't even sound like the one that did Load.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2004, 02:06:06 PM »

Lars' stick action was never really that good.  He just used a lot of double bass and that was about it.

And to the person who said Jordison is not better than Ulrich....I can only laugh.
Ulrich is average at best.  Jordison is the most talented drummer around.  The only other people over the last two decades worth mentioning in the same sentance as him are Travis Barker and Neal Pert (and maybe Danny Carey from Tool).

Jordison is probably the best rock/metal drummer alive right now and the probably best since Bonham.  Ulrich is nowhere near.

Got to agree there - Jordison is superb, Lars's fame doesn't match his ability - plus he endlessly spouts rubbish - ''St Anger's the best thing ever!' Roll Eyes

Maybe Lars should bef fired and Jordison brought in Cheesy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2004, 05:27:19 PM »

Those two albums are awful - i don't think there is any songs on there worthy of inclusion on any album. I'm not even sure i have listened to them all the way through

The band that did Master of Puppets just doesn't even sound like the one that did Load.....

That?s true.That CD isn?t Metal-lica (metal music) it?s hard rock-ica (mor rocker)  and that, my friends, it?s awfull.It isn?t a  good metallica CD, no no.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2004, 05:38:44 PM »

That?s true.That CD isn?t Metal-lica (metal music) it?s hard rock-ica (mor rocker)  and that, my friends, it?s awfull.It isn?t a  good metallica CD, no no.

Baby Slash//

Both albums are so tedious - if a smaller band had released them they would have been lost without trace, thank good most of these songs are no longer played live!

Metcallica have always been about great guitar work - if u take that away as with St Anger or make a really lame effort at it as with Load and Reload it just ain't gonna work. I think Load and Reload were sad attempts to be more commerical - the songs are all radio friendly nonsense - not too hard, not too much swearing and of course backed by stupid videos....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2004, 07:37:34 PM »

Back then , I was just getting into Metallica so I couldn?t really understand how an older fan would feel, but after listening to their older stuff I understood. Anyway, I know the Loads are extremely different but that doesn?t mean they are bad albums(just don?t compare them to their other albums).

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Kris Sunovagun
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2004, 03:13:47 PM »

Lars is the most untalanted drummer ever to make it big. He used like 4 drum tracks in the studio version of One! He has to play a different version live because he can't do the studio one!  rofl

And by now, he should know how to use the double bass. He is a horrible drummer. There's a reason why he is the most hated member of Metallica.
Lars is a horrible drummer, but he is good enough to be the drummer in the biggest metal band in the world Huh
Lars is not only about the drumming. All the things that goes on behind the scenes is where lars shows his true talent. Without him Metallica would never have got this far. They would probably have split up sometime in the eighties.
As james said; he is a "gogeter". He can get things done, unlike many others in rock n roll.

By the way, did you know he first started drumming in his early twenties, after failing to become a pro tennis player?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: