Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 447440 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2004, 10:41:21 PM »

Now c'mon Izzy, to me Load n' Re-Load are nothing but CLASSIC 70's ROCK ALBUMS.

If they were released in the 70's with the BLACK SABBATH name all over it they would have been classics mate.
METALLIFUCKINGCA have been around over 20 years n' that gives them the right to do anything, i know you didnt say other wise but if YOU were in a band that long you'd wanna experiment n' do somethin' different sometime, their just rockin' out albums n' i respect that.
I'll give a one album trax list soon, cause i wanna give it a good thought, some songs i'll admit are a little toooooooo off track but Metallica are real.

I just think its not fair for Metallica to be labeld nothing but metal n' expected of that all the time, know what i mean.
You wanna hear metal, go to there shows, they truely are the kings of metal!! beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2004, 11:31:55 PM »

I like Load and Reload they may not have been as good as their albums before them ,but they were still better than most of the shit that came out during those two years.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2004, 11:45:56 PM »

Metallica's load albums are pure awful.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2004, 03:54:54 PM »

If they were released in the 70's with the BLACK SABBATH name all over it they would have been classics mate.
Um....................NO.

Have you ever heard any Black Sabbath other than Paranoid.  The first 6 Sabbath albums destroy every single Metallica album ever made except possibly Ride the Lightning.

I'm not saying Load and ReLoad are flat out crap, they're not, there's a few good songs there...but comparing them to the greatest metal band and albums ever made is a bit like comparing yourself to Jesus.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2004, 05:26:19 PM »

but comparing them to the greatest metal band and albums ever made is a bit like comparing yourself to Jesus.

Nah, its not that much. I like Sabbath, but I prefer Metallica to them. Early Metallica off course.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2004, 07:26:47 PM »

Sabbath's first  6 albums were laced with blues and psychedelic crap. If only the great songs were chosen, they would only have about 3 great albums. Of course, this puts them on a good level with Metallica.

I think Metallica is still better. Sabbath has too many slow songs that just drag on. They could also use some decent production. Paranoid is a good fast song, but it's the exception to the rule. Almost all of Metallica's songs make me wanna get up and thrash! They have great slower songs too, like Fade to Black.

Sabbath is given credit for being influential, but their technical merit is lacking, especially compared to Zeppelin and Metallica.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2004, 09:24:27 PM »

Sabbath has too many slow songs that just drag on.

That's because Sabbath were a DOOM band!

Almost all of Metallica's songs make me wanna get up and thrash!

That's because Metallica were a thrash band.

I'm not gonna argue with your opinion, but from the few posts of yours I've seen, you're quite slow.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2004, 10:00:12 PM »

I'm a true Metallica fan and I love both those albums. To answer the original question about combining I would do it like this:

1.2X4
2.King Nothing
3.The Memory Remains
4.Unforgiven II
5.Ronnie
6.Fuel
7.Ain't My Bitch
8.Bleeding Me
9.Waste My Hate
10.The Cure
11.Better Than You
12.Where The Wild Things Are

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2004, 02:40:10 AM »

Not a fan of these albums. Metallica lost their identity completly after Master Of Puppets. The black album is good but IMO it's far from the thrash and fast metallica...it was an excuse to sell records and load and reload are the same.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2004, 01:39:06 PM »

Now c'mon Izzy, to me Load n' Re-Load are nothing but CLASSIC 70's ROCK ALBUMS.

METALLIFUCKINGCA have been around over 20 years n' that gives them the right to do anything, i know you didnt say other wise but if YOU were in a band that long you'd wanna experiment n' do somethin' different sometime, their just rockin' out albums n' i respect that.
I'll give a one album trax list soon, cause i wanna give it a good thought, some songs i'll admit are a little toooooooo off track but Metallica are real.

I just think its not fair for Metallica to be labeld nothing but metal n' expected of that all the time, know what i mean.
You wanna hear metal, go to there shows, they truely are the kings of metal!! beer

Huh

I didn't say they weren't metal - i said Load and Reload are so bad that if i threw them in the trash the bin men wouldn't even touch them

There isn't a track on either album thats even good enough to be called 'bad' - there just uninspired junk

Metallica since 1991 have spectacularily collapsed - they are the classic case of hanging around longer than they should have

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2004, 04:01:19 PM »

Well, the black album can be compared to the loads. It isn't thrash metal; it isn't really metal at all. But there are still some good songs on it.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2004, 04:45:54 PM »

I think Load and Reload are great!They were not made to be compared to KEM,RTL,MOP,AJFA,so dontdo that just take the albums as a totaly different thing kinda like VR
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2004, 07:31:02 PM »

How come Until it Sleeps is not making your lists?

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2004, 08:28:08 AM »

How come Until it Sleeps is not making your lists?
It made mine it's a damn good song, not a patch on 80s Metallica but comparing it on it's own it's good just like The Spaghetti Incident? is good on it's own but crap when compared to Appetite For Destruction or The Use Your Illusion albums.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2004, 10:07:27 AM »

I love these albums, and I really dont understand how a bunch of Guns fans would call these albums crap.

They are rock n' roll, through and through, and who cares if they aren't thrash like Metallica's earlier albums, aren't artists allowed to explore other areas of music?Huh
I mean look at the change GN'R went from AFD to Lies to UYI and even TSI, and Axl is continuing to push the envelopes of GNRs sound, but no-one bashes them about it.

Metallica to me have always been a kickass rock band, and that hasn't changed even if their musical styles have. The Load albums have elements of classic 70's rock - Aerosmith, Sabbath, Zeppelin, AC/DC and Metallica said that in interviews about the albums too.

It's true what Lars Ulrich once said - hard rock fans are so close-minded, when considering the whole point of being in a rock band is going AGAINST the grain and not doing what people expect of you.

Anyway, back on topic, my ultimate Load album would be:

Ain't My Bitch
2 x 4
House That Jack Built
Until It Sleeps
King Nothing
Hero Of The Day
Bleeding Me
Wasting My hate
Outlaw Torn
Fuel
Memory Remains
Devil's Dance
Unforgiven 2
Where The Wild Things Are
Low Man's Lyric
Fixxxer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2004, 12:41:03 AM »

no one has the right to say that Izzy, a band can go on for as long as they want! and their songs arnt junk ok

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2004, 10:36:08 PM »

Aint My Bitch
2x4
Until It Sleeps
King Nothing
Hero of the Day
Mama Said
Fuel
The Memory Remains
The Unforgiven II

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2004, 01:20:51 PM »

no one has the right to say that Izzy, a band can go on for as long as they want! and their songs arnt junk ok

The songs off Kill 'em all, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, 'Black', Garage Inc and S&M are all good - but And justice for all, Load/Reload and St Anger are most definetly Junk - Metallica last released a good album of original material since 1991 - if they can't produce good music any more then they perhaps should step aside - i'd much rather they remain and made good music (with a drum sound that dodesn't sound like Lars is hitting metal dustbin lids......)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 01:23:03 PM by Dr. Ray Stantz » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2004, 03:11:56 PM »

Metallex78 said aren't bands aloud to explore new areas?

Of course they are. But there's exploring new areas like GN'R did and are still doing. And then there's embrrassing yourself and tarnishing your reputation.

But of course we're all aloud our opinions and i respect yours

peace

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2004, 07:54:30 PM »

whats wrong with 'justice' that album fucking rocks dude,

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: