Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 03:00:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228043 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 456833 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2500 on: October 27, 2009, 04:40:44 AM »

Does anyone have any extra tix for MSG show in NY?

I might actually...still waiting to find out if any of my friends are lame and back out...which would not surprise me...
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #2501 on: October 29, 2009, 06:02:19 AM »

They're amazing live Smiley You'll love it

Right,they?re amazing live.I?ve seen them live in the earlier nineties and now this year..

peace
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #2502 on: October 29, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »

I might actually...still waiting to find out if any of my friends are lame and back out...which would not surprise me...

K, lemmy know.  what kind of seats do you have?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2503 on: October 30, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »

i got floor GA through the fan club, that usually means early entry to the venue, but i dont think the garden is doing that for whatever reason...ill let you know if i have any extra by next week..
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #2504 on: November 02, 2009, 05:04:15 PM »

i got floor GA through the fan club, that usually means early entry to the venue, but i dont think the garden is doing that for whatever reason...ill let you know if i have any extra by next week..

perfect!  Thanks so much.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2505 on: November 04, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »

According to MetOnTour.com, which is described as "your FREE virtual backstage pass to every METALLICA show," METALLICA will release a new DVD featuring footage from the band's Canadian performances in Quebec City, Quebec (October 31 and November 1) and Ottawa, Ontario (November 3). Drummer Lars Ulrich commented from the stage at the second Quebec City show, "I couldn't think of a better city for METALLICA to film a DVD." The concerts were filmed by the band's longtime friend and collaborator, famed video director Wayne Isham.

The band's setlists were as follows:

October 31, 2009 at Colis?e Pepsi in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada:

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. For Whom The Bell Tolls
04. Holier Than Thou
05. One
06. Broken, Beat And Scarred
07. Cyanide
08. Sad But True
09. Turn the Page
10. All Nightmare Long
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Damage, Inc.
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
16. Breadfan
17. Phantom Lord
18. Seek and Destroy

November 1, 2009 at Colis?e Pepsi in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada:

02. The End Of The Line
03. The Four Horsemen
04. The Shortest Straw
05. One
07. My Apocalypse
08. Sad But True
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. The Judas Kiss
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Battery
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
16. Killing Time
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy

November 3, 2009 at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada:

02. The End Of The Line
03. Creeping Death
04. Fuel
05. Fade To Black
07. Cyanide
08. Sad But True
09. One
10. All Nightmare Long
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Battery
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
16. Last Caress
17. Motorbreath
18. Seek and Destroy

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2506 on: November 05, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

Wow another live dvd. So they're releasing the Paris show and a dvd from those 3. Awesome.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2507 on: November 05, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »

They also filmed Mexico shows for DVD release, as well as the Copenhagen shows for DVD release to their fan club.

I'm hoping a new big box set like 1993's Live Shit: Binge & Purge is in the making.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2508 on: December 04, 2009, 04:22:44 AM »

heres a few pics I took at the 1st night at Madison Square Garden a few weeks ago, still got to load the second night on my comp..

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2509 on: December 10, 2009, 07:20:54 PM »

Seeing them in Anaheim tonight.  Cant wait.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2510 on: December 16, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »

Metallica singer gives 330 acres to Calif. county

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. ? Metallica frontman James Hetfield is donating 330 acres overlooking California's Lucas Valley for preservation as farmland.

The Marin County Board of Supervisors unanimously accepted the donation Tuesday. It follows Hetfield's earlier gift to the county of more than 400 acres for open space. Both plots of land are around Hetfield's home.

Hetfield's land use consultant, Scott Hochstrasser, says the donations reflect the singer's desire to maintain privacy and preserve open space.

Meanwhile, county officials say they are close to a deal with Hetfield that would reroute a hiking trail that crosses his property. The project is expected to cost the county more than $200,000.

Hetfield recently constructed a fence to block use of the trail

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091216/ap_en_ot/us_people_metallica
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:41:08 PM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2511 on: January 27, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »

The Loss Of A Fan
1/27/2010   

We are profoundly saddened by the news of the discovery of Morgan Dana Harrington's body

Our most sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Morgan Dana Harrington, the 20 year old Virginia Tech student who was last seen while attending our concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA. Sadly, Morgan's body was found yesterday ending her family's three month vigil hoping and praying for her safe return. Mere words cannot express the anguish and grief that we know her parents Dan and Gil are feeling, and our thoughts are with them.

If you have any information at all about Morgan's death, please contact the Virginia State Police at (434) 352-3425 or the UVA Police at (434) 352-3467 or police@virginia.edu.
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?1=1&item=602921
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2512 on: February 19, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »

Hear Metallica?s Mustaine-Drenched Megaforce Demos

A blog called Invisible Oranges has posted the 1983 two-song demo Metallica recorded that eventually landed them their first record deal at Megaforce Records. It?s the only recording in Metalli-history to feature the talents of both Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine. Anyone familiar with heavy metal lore knows ?Dangerous? Dave was kicked out of the band shortly after this recording and then spent the better part of thirty years complaining about his exile. A small price to pay for all those awesome Megadeth albums, I suppose.

Hit the link up top to hear Cliff and Dave (and James and Lars) ripping it up old school. The songs featured on the Megaforce demo aren?t really all that different from the more famous Kill ?Em All versions, which should finally lay to rest those wild rumors about an early take of ?No Remorse? with a tuba solo during the middle eight. I always hated those rumors. They really cast Lars in a terrible light.

http://www.crawdaddy.com/index.php/2010/02/18/hear-metallica-s-mustaine-drenched-megaforce-demos/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2513 on: March 08, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »

Enter Sandman Documentary:

http://svtplay.se/v/1917330/hitlatens_historia/del_4_av_6_enter_sandman_-_metallica

And on YouTube in 4 parts here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFbiFilesRepeat#p/u/3/nf9MkNdiVc8
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:02:56 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2514 on: May 07, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread with the news that I got tickets to Metallica's November Australian tour!!! beer

Got seats for the first show, and floor section for the second show, both at Acer Arena in Sydney.

What a great year for Aussie tours, Slash in August and Metallica in November, yeah!!! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2515 on: May 13, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

Here some photos and video of Metallica's performance in Belfast on May 11th.

Photos:

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/56303/1/Metallica-Make-Storming-Return-To-Belfast-Odyssey-Arena---PHOTOS

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/exbarman#p/u/0/hBZ3kAVxJEc

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2516 on: May 21, 2010, 10:07:34 AM »

Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted rocking out as an artist

Contra Costa Times

Posted: 05/21/2010

He joined Metallica in 1986, only weeks after the death of bassist Cliff Burton, beginning a whirlwind decade-and-a-half when the Bay Area thrashers became one of the biggest bands in the world. Newsted's departure, chronicled in the 2004 film "Some Kind of Monster," was prompted by the band's restriction on outside endeavors. He felt creatively stifled to the point of bailing out.

"It took 10 years for me to decompress and come back down to the ground from all that," he says. "You have to have a purpose. That's why people get (messed) up on drugs and alcohol. Because they don't have a purpose."

Things definitely have changed for the bassist, who used to say his music was so important that he couldn't imagine having children. He now admits fatherhood could happen "if I can trim down the empire; if it's the right thing." He still occasionally plays with one of his lesser-known side projects: Papa Wheelie, which he formed years ago with a couple of bike-riding buddies.

Newsted hasn't ruled out going big again, taking calls the past few years from the likes of Slash, Aerosmith's Joey Kramer and others looking at side projects, none of which progressed past the first couple of calls. Last week he received a message from former AC/DC and The Firm drummer Chris Slade, who texted he was "looking for (Jimmy) Page and Newsted."

"Jimmy Page and Chris Slade," he says, with a laugh. "What time do you want me there? When you get called by your first name by guys whose posters you used to have on the wall ? and still do, as my dad has kept my old room the way it was with the posters of Led Zeppelin, and Aerosmith and AC/DC ? surreal is the word for it."

But, for now, art is still the focus. And he thinks he has his first buyer lined up ? the same connoisseur who once set a record for fetching the biggest price for a Basquiat.

"Lars will buy one," he says, adding that he was "flabbergasted" by the Metallica drummer's appearance at his opening. "That was a big feather in the cap. I actually want to do a piece for them. I have to go over and check out their house again and see what I can do"

Ulrich would be smart ? if he doesn't want to replace the carpet ? to have his old friend paint it in the barn.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15129701?nclick_check=1

Krok1
Opening Act

« Reply #2517 on: May 21, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »

The Death Magnetic 2010 tour is awesome!! Went to the concert in Telenor Arena, Norway 14th april. I can't describe how good it was! Have fun all of you!! Cheesy
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2518 on: June 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »

wow this dvd looks amazing..Definetly gonna have to pick it up..Metallica look better than ever

One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOTPDUIWgyM&feature=related

Blackened - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9RabC9MD24&feature=PlayList&p=D2F787702C595BB5

Turn The Page - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEoA8H9ulUU&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:18:59 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2519 on: June 06, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »

I have that dvd, the special edition 2 disc one. It costs over $80 cause its an import but its worth every penny. You should also check out the france one too. It comes in blu-ray or dvd. So does the Mexico one, however, the mexico blu-ray version doesn't have all the extras that the 2 disc dvd version has. The blu-ray only has what is on the first disc of the dvd set. The france blu-ray has all the extras that the dvd version has. So i got the blu-ray of that one and the 2 dvd special edition of the mexico one.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: