Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 443317 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2700 on: February 04, 2016, 06:10:53 PM »

I'm excited for this show...Metallica and Football? Gonna be awesome, glad they decided to make it available

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2701 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:48 PM »

February 6, 2016

AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA

https://youtu.be/NYCq51wIR9g

peace
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2702 on: February 23, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »

METALLICA Announced As 'Record Store Day' 2016 Ambassadors

Record Store Day has announced its Ambassador for 2016: Grammy Award-winning Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees METALLICA.

METALLICA is no stranger to Record Store Day, this year set for Saturday, April 16, a special day in support of independent record stores and record store culture worldwide, now in its ninth year.

"Independent record stores are part of METALLICA's DNA," said METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich. "They have been pivotal in shaping each one of us into the music fanatics we've all become. We could not be any prouder to be Record Store Day Ambassadors for 2016 and are looking forward to screaming from every rooftop the next few months about everything independent record store and beyond."

Throughout Record Store Day's near-decade lifespan, METALLICA's support has been more than noteworthy with in-store appearances, (remember Mountain View, California Rasputin Records in 2008, when the band met their fans for hours to kick off the very first Record Store Day) and a healthy handful of special releases. In fact, members James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo made big news just last year when the band's cassette-issued demos collection, "No Life Til Leather", ended up as Record Store Day 2015's highest seller. As well, Trujillo's lauded biopic, "Jaco", about legendary bassist Jaco Pastorius, was RSD 2014's Official Film and a special Record Store Day exclusive version was released on DVD for Black Friday 2015, including a bonus CD featuring tracks from Trujillo himself.

This year the band's official release will fit into a wider theme of Record Store Day 2016, highlighting the relationship between U.S. record stores and their French counterparts, between Record Store Day and "Disquaire Day," between music-loving humans in the U.S. and France, following the tragic events in Paris in November 2015. METALLICA will release "Libert?, Egalit?, Fraternit?, Metallica! - Live at Le Bataclan. Paris, France - June 11th, 2003", a CD featuring a live recording from the club, with the band, Record Store Day and independent record stores donating proceeds to benefit Fondation de France's Give For France charity.

The live recording setlist includes "The Four Horsemen", "Leper Messiah", "No Remorse", "Fade To Black", "Frantic", "Ride The Lightning", "Blackened" and encores "Seek & Destroy" and "Damage, Inc."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2703 on: June 13, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »

METALLICA Begins Mixing New Album

METALLICA appears to have finally begun the mixing process for its long-awaited follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic" album, tentatively due before the end of the year.

The band's studio progress was revealed last week by Dan Nykolayko, a member of the METALLICA staff who interviewed frontman James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich for a Metallica.com article on the 20th anniversary of the group's "Load" LP.

In the article, which was posted on June 9, Nykolayko wrote: "I managed to corner Lars and James at HQ before they locked themselves in the control room with Greg Fidelman to start mixing the new album."

It is not clear when the interview with James and Lars actually took place.

Ulrich said in a recent interview with Metal Forces that June will be a decisive month for the band's long-awaited tenth studio album. He revealed: "We're now coming towards the end of the musical creative process and we're starting to look ahead and the process of how we're gonna share this record with the universe. The month of June is basically when we're gonna sit down and figure what we're gonna do with it all; what we're gonna call it and what's gonna be on it."

Ulrich cautioned fans, however, that he is not sure if it will actually be released this year. He explained: "If the record doesn't come out this year, then it won't be because it's not done. It will be because there's some sort of cosmic reason that it would be smarter to hold onto it until next year. But the record will be done this summer."

The group has been recording at METALLICA headquarters in San Rafael, California with Greg Fidelman, who was the engineeer on "Death Magnetic".

The band has one live date on its schedule at the moment, at the new U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on August 20. That concert, at which METALLICA will be joined by AVENGED SEVENFOLD and VOLBEAT, sold out all 66,000 tickets in less than ten minutes back in March.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2704 on: September 11, 2016, 12:37:25 PM »

Cant believe how dead this bad obsession thread is....Anyone heard Metallica's new tune? thoughts? lyrics seemed cheesy while music was great...Will see them live for sure

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #2705 on: October 02, 2016, 01:29:59 AM »

Yeah this section is so dead.. Im loving the new Tallica tunes. Love hardwired and the new single is even better with a cool guitar solo as well Smiley

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2706 on: November 18, 2016, 01:20:40 AM »

New record rocks!!  peace
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2707 on: November 18, 2016, 10:45:44 AM »

New record rocks!!  peace

It really does..Havent heard a bad song yet

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2708 on: November 19, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »

Just watched all the videos on their website. Great fucking album. Not a bad song on the album.
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #2709 on: November 22, 2016, 11:16:26 PM »

Solid album. Long live 6 + min Metallica songs  beer
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:59:26 AM by Maxi Fisher » Logged
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #2710 on: November 28, 2016, 06:13:41 PM »

Good album. Some tunes are fucking amazing, especially Atlas, Rise, which IMO would fit on any Metallica album of the 80's. The only downside about this tune is Lars' extremely annoying and repetitive drum work.

Some tunes sound too much like Load/Reload, though. It's not that they're bad, but I don't think they rank up with Hardwired, Atlas Rise, Moth Into Flame and Spit out The Bone.

Solid effort for sure. If they'd gone with just like 8 songs, instead of a double album, this could've been a classic.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #2711 on: November 29, 2016, 07:54:58 PM »

I used to drive all over the metro Detroit area (Cruising as it was known; especially Hines Drive) back in the mid/late 80's jamming to Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, & Kill 'Em All.

This is by far the best all around album since Master of Puppets. I never got into the direction Metallica took after Cliff's death (...And Justice For All & beyond)

Other than ManUNkind, Here Comes Savage, & Murder One, I LOVE all studio tracks on Hardwired, including the tribute to Ronnie James Dio, and the Deep Purple & Iron Maiden covers.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2712 on: December 05, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »

Great album some really hard heavy hitters on this one here especially love spit out the bone, easily the most megadeth sounding song ever headbanger

....yeah I said it, what?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2713 on: February 13, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

METALLICA Announces 'WorldWired' North American Tour With AVENGED SEVENFOLD And VOLBEAT

METALLICA today announced their "WorldWired" 2017 North American tour in support of their new album "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct". The "WorldWired" 2017 tour is produced by Live Nation and kicks off on May 10 in Baltimore, Maryland at M&T Bank Stadium. The tour will crisscross its way across North America into the summer, marking the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees and Grammy Award-winning band's first proper North American tour since 2009. AVENGED SEVENFOLD and VOLBEAT will be the main support acts for the tour run. See below for a list of all confirmed dates.

Presale tickets will be available to Legacy Fan Club members beginning on Tuesday, February 14 at 9:00 a.m. local time, with presale tickets available to all Met Club members beginning on Tuesday, February 14 at 11:00 a.m. local time. Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning this Friday, February 17 at 10:00 a.m. local time. Each ticket purchased will come with a copy of the "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct" album, available as a physical CD or a digital download.

Citi is the official credit card of the "WorldWired" 2017 North American tour. Citi cardmembers can take advantage of a special presale opportunity for all show dates in the U.S. beginning on Tuesday, February 14 at 11:00 a.m. local time.

Every ticket purchased through official outlets includes your choice of a standard physical or standard digital copy of "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct". Fans should expect to receive information from Warner Music Artist Services on how to redeem their albums within 14 business days after their purchase. Full details of how you can gift the album, should you have already purchased, will be given on the redemption page.

METALLICA has partnered with CID Entertainment to offer four options of special enhanced experiences on this tour, including premium tickets and amenities, including: early access to the venue, a visit to the "Memory Remains" exhibit of memorabilia, and meet-and-greets.

Additionally, METALLICA has announced the formation of their All Within My Hands Foundation, which will raise funds to support a cross-section of national, local and Bay Area charities that the individual band members support, along with continuing to donate to music education programs and local food banks. Through a collaboration with Crowdrise, the band encourages fans to make a donation when purchasing tickets to the upcoming shows.

Tour dates:

May 10 - Baltimore, MD - M&T Bank Stadium*^
May 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field*^
May 14 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium*^
May 17 - Uniondale, NY - New Coliseum^
May 19 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium ^
May 21 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range Festival (SOLD OUT)
June 04 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium^
June 07 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field*^
June 11 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium*^
June 14 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome*
June 16 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium*
June 18 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field*
July 05 - Orlando, FL - Camping World Stadium*^
July 07 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium*^
July 09 - Atlanta, GA - Suntrust Park*^
July 12 - Detroit, MI - Comercia Park*^
July 14 - Quebec City, QC- Festival D'Ete
July 16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre*^
July 19 - Montreal, QB - Parc Jean-Drapeau*^
July 29 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl*+
August 04 - Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium*+
August 06 - San Diego, CA - Petco Park*+
August 09 - Seattle, WA - Centurylink Field*+
August 14 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place*+
August 16 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium*+

*With AVENGED SEVENFOLD
^With VOLBEAT
+With GOJIRA

METALLICA has not done a full-length U.S. tour in more than seven years, but lead guitarist Kirk Hammett recently promised that the band will end that dry spell in 2017. Speaking with Billboard, Hammett said that the band's home country will finally get the trek it deserves. "We're very excited about it because it's been a long, long time since we've done a proper American tour," he said. "I mean, we've done European tours, Asian tours, South American tours, but we have not done a proper American tour as of late. So we're very, very excited about it, and we're very excited to be able to do it bringing new material to all our fans out there."

METALLICA will be touring in support of its tenth studio album, "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct", the band's first all-new studio effort in eight years.

The album went to No. 1 in 58 countries, including the U.S., where it topped The Billboard 200 album chart.

Hammett also hinted at METALLICA bringing out a "special stage" for the tour, adding, "It's gonna be really cool, really fun and very METALLICA."

METALLICA frontman James Hetfield recently said on the Nerdist podcast that the band will cap its live schedule starting in 2017 at around fifty shows a year. He explained: "My body has told me to tell these guys that fifty shows a year is kind of what we can do, so make the best of those."

Drummer Lars Ulrich told The Pulse Of Radio a while back how METALLICA has changed the way it tours. "The old days of a year and a half on the road, I mean, that's not going to happen again," he said. "If our success has bought us anything, it's the freedom to do these things the way we want to do them, on our own agenda, on our own time frame. We don't really even need to have, like they say in the business, a 'product' out there. We can just sort of go out and tour if we wake up one morning and feel like it."

METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo told The Pulse Of Radio that the band is looking forward to getting back on the road in the U.S. "Oh yeah, it's exciting, you know," he said. "We haven't spent enough time in the States in recent years and it's been a while, so rather than going and hanging out in Europe and spending a lot of time there before we come to the States, we're actually hitting the States first. And that's something that I'm really excited about, because it's been a while. It seems like people are hungry for METALLICA again and they've been waiting a long time."

METALLICA played three shows in Copenhagen, Denmark last week and performed at the 59th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday (February 12) in Los Angeles. The band also played an intimate concert for around 3,000 or so fans at the Hollywood Palladium that same night.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2714 on: June 20, 2017, 03:18:55 PM »

LARS ULRICH Says METALLICA 'Very Cautiously Decided' To Offer 'Enhanced Experiences' To Fans On Tour

Widely considered to be one of the most fan-friendly bands in popular music, METALLICA recently began offering "enhanced-experience options" designed to provide super-fans with a wide array of unique experiences at concerts and events around the globe.

According to Rolling Stone, the opening show of the North American leg of METALLICA's "WorldWired" tour on May 10 in Baltimore, Maryland saw a dozen or so fans pay $2,499 each for the opportunity to get a photo with the band and autographs and ask the musicians whatever is on their mind. They also got access to the "Memory Remains" exhibit of memorabilia, a mini traveling Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame that shows off the group's clothes, handwritten lyrics, original album art for "Ride The Lightning" and "Master Of Puppets", cassette collections and actual instruments.

"We very cautiously decided to do experiences," METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told Rolling Stone. " We spent a lot of time seeing what everybody was else doing. 'What's BLACK SABBATH doing? What's GUNS N' ROSES doing? What happens in the pop world?' It felt foreign to us and, dare I say, a little hokey. So we just had to sort of get to a place where we would get comfortable with that."

Paid meet-and-greets are becoming staples of the touring circuit and are seen by some artists as a necessary evil to survive nowadays. Other musicians object to meet-and-greets on moral grounds, believing they favor richer fans over poorer ones. Similarly, many people view the fact that groups charge fans to meet them as completely exploitative, since artists are usually aware that young admirers are prepared to pay any amount of money to see their favorite band, sometimes at their parents' expense.

Former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted called the paid-meet-and-greet practice "bullshit" in a 2012 interview. He explained: "My guys had been talking to me about doing those things, and they talk about KISS making money for this meet-and-greet. People will pay it, but that's not the point. I don't want to take money like that. If they want to buy a t-shirt and have something to show for it, that's what we do. You can't download a t-shirt.

"There are certain things that make sense to me. I have never charged for my autograph up until [I launched my own] web site. That is my first time in my thirty-year career that I have charged for my autograph, and I have signed for hundreds of thousands of people.

"I don't feel comfortable with charging people to meet me; I don't feel comfortable with charging people to get me to sign something when they are standing with me. If they buy it off the Internet and want an 8x10 or an autograph CD, they have that momentum. That's fine, but I'm not going to charge people to meet me. I just don't feel that's right. I'll pay to meet one of my old sports heroes, or something like one of the cats from the 1970s Orioles. I'll pay a couple of bucks for something, but I'm not going to pay for Gene Simmons. It's ridiculous; that's not what it's about."

BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #2715 on: March 08, 2020, 05:55:14 AM »

Currently listening to the ReLoad album properly for probably the first time since it was released, enjoying it!

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2716 on: May 04, 2020, 11:12:45 PM »

Amazing that this thread was started 18 years ago.  Shocked
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2717 on: May 05, 2020, 12:18:30 AM »

Metallica
Here’s a little something we cooked up over the last few days.  Hope you’re all safe & sound.  Have a great weekend.

Metallica: Blackened 2020 https://youtu.be/P_yeICLSDOQ
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2718 on: May 05, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »

Metallica
Filmed at House of Vans in London, England on November 18, 2016. https://youtu.be/rVgJSL29Jm8
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #2719 on: June 05, 2020, 02:16:32 PM »

Amazing that this thread was started 18 years ago.  Shocked

Right?

I hadn't realized I had been on and off this board a few times under different member names for nearly 18 years.

I posted as kidrock on the first page with my song/album rankings back in 2001.

Time flies

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: