Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 444572 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »

Best albums:

Kill 'em all
Ride the lightning
Master of Puppets
And justice for all

(Thats the only albums I like)

Songs:

The Mechanix (do I sound like a megadeth fan ??   drool)
Disposable Heroes
For whom the bell tolls
One
fade to black

peace

Great album order dude i agree totally to me Kill 'em All is underated i look at is as Metallica's Appetite For Destruction
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2003, 11:36:51 AM »

Kill em all is an amazing album (apart from the awful bass solo....which is sheer torture)

And justice for all is a surprisingly weak album but still better than the newer suff

Quick! To the bandwagon!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2003, 06:10:06 PM »

I like all metallica songs
Danilo
Rocker

Make Trade Fair

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2003, 08:42:17 PM »

the best song it's The Unforgiven

just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2003, 03:53:52 PM »

I'd probably credit that as being the best Metallica song of the 90s, but songs like 'Seek And Destroy', 'Ride The Lightning' & 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' wipe the floor with it
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2003, 03:41:40 PM »

I'd probably credit that as being the best Metallica song of the 90s, but songs like 'Seek And Destroy', 'Ride The Lightning' & 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' wipe the floor with it

Amen on that!, I don't know why people like more the black album over the Kill'em all or Ride the Lightning, even if Black album is better on Production stuff but musicly talking Kill and Ride are way Better!, anyway that's I think any thoughts on that??  ok

No man can be my equal
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2004, 02:14:38 AM »

Posted by Inter Sandman @ Monday, March 1, 2004 05:17 PM EST

Live Metallica is a new official Metallica website that will bring you live soundboard quality Metallica concert downloads (.mp3 or .flac) from the bands current tour within a few days of the show. It looks like each show will cost about $10 for .mp3 or $13 for .flac with the option of printing out custom CD artwork.

"This is the next logical step in a process that began back in 1991 when we first implemented the "Taper Section" at our shows, where our fans were encouraged to bring in their own gear to record the show, and then take home their very own "bootleg" of the concert they had just seen. This technology will enable our fans to get the best possible recording of the show, without having to hold a microphone in the air for the entire night! --Lars"

We're hoping this doesn't go the way of the Metallica Vault.

http://www.livemetallica.com/
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2004, 05:36:11 PM »

$10?  What's the point?  Why don't they just let you have it for free, I mean, it's not as if they haven't got enough money.  Ok, I can understand there are costs involved in putting up a website with all this stuff for download, but it can't possibly cost as much as they will make from this.

If they really gave a shit about their fans, they wouldn't make a profit from this.  I mean, we've bought the albums, bought the tickets to your shows, bought the t-shirts, and now they wanna just squeeze a little bit more money out of us?

I wouldn't care so much if they hadn't brought down napster then released St. Anger.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2004, 11:53:03 PM »

WHY should they give YOU or ANYBODY else OFFICAL realeases for free? is $10 bucks or $13 that terrible and all the costs involved are gonna be a lot more then you think
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2004, 02:49:35 PM »

If they weren't making money out of it, they wouldn't be doing it.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2004, 02:57:55 PM »

WHY should they give YOU or ANYBODY else OFFICAL realeases for free? is $10 bucks or $13 that terrible and all the costs involved are gonna be a lot more then you think

Why?

They are official bootlegs from concerts, they said themselves they have been doing this since the early days so it cant really cost that much to turn the tracks from Audio to MP3, hell i can do that on my computer for free.

And then charging people for the download is fucking stupid....

Have they not made enough money over 21 years?

Countless albums, countless sell out stadium shows where they make millions every tour....

Fuck that site.

Id rather strum on a banjo!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2004, 03:06:12 PM »

Pearl Jam offered unmastered mp3s the day after the show to the people who ordered the cd.  love

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2004, 07:46:36 PM »

I think is a great idea but I hope shows include the crowd sounds because the shows in Metallica Vault are so cold without all that crowd noise... it doesn't sound real... is just not good.

//JK
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2004, 08:14:07 PM »

yeah i agree bootlegs that have no crowd sound really stupid especially when they have the crowd sing a part and you hear dead air
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2004, 08:17:22 PM »

Why?

do you even realize what the bandwith costs for this site alone will be? what about the ppl they have to pay that are recording the shows? and the software costs to clean up the tracks and the webservers?
They are official bootlegs from concerts, they said themselves they have been doing this since the early days so it cant really cost that much to turn the tracks from Audio to MP3, hell i can do that on my computer for free.

And then charging people for the download is fucking stupid....

Have they not made enough money over 21 years?

Countless albums, countless sell out stadium shows where they make millions every tour....

Fuck that site.

Id rather strum on a banjo!

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2004, 07:17:35 AM »

Why would they need to clean up the tracks?

Its a soundboard recording of a live gig, i dunno about the rest of the people out there but i prefer actual boots to original band boots as you get a feel for the atmosphere created by the band, when things are cleaned up it just doesnt sound "right".

I doubt the bandwidth costs will be high as no one will be downloading them, i certainly wont and i love Metallica as much as the next person.

The people who record the shows will be people there anyway, its a soundboard recording, they dont send different sets of people into the crowd to record the shows.

Even though that would be better.

The bottom line is this, Metallica have enough money, they bought down Napster, then to contradict that they released the Metallica Vault offering...wait a minute....Mp3's and live show recordings!! Shock Horror!!

And Now this.....$10.00 for a live show of mp3's - which lets face it arent the truest and best quality you can get

or

$13.00 for the real music files.

Super doopa, im gonna get every single one!!!

Metallica Rule, their business and musical ethics do not!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2004, 04:18:11 PM »

Charging fans is geh

I have all their albums and ain't about to pay that just for songs i already have - or could download of kazaa.

They should just do it for free - people that really like the songs will buy the albums, they ain't gonna lose out and it would be a good way to say thank you after 80 million album sales.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2004, 05:20:40 PM »

yeah i agree bootlegs that have no crowd sound really stupid especially when they have the crowd sing a part and you hear dead air

Sounds preeetty stupid !

//JK
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2004, 05:50:19 PM »

GNR has a lot to learn from Metallica and Pearls Jam about this relation with their fans (I agree Metallica is too greed).. All the Metallica sites.. On Tour is great !!, Metclub and now this Metallica live !

//JK
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2004, 06:47:35 PM »

Charging fans is geh

I have all their albums and ain't about to pay that just for songs i already have - or could download of kazaa.

They should just do it for free - people that really like the songs will buy the albums, they ain't gonna lose out and it would be a good way to say thank you after 80 million album sales.

Amen Brother!

Im gonna change my signature now!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: