Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 444489 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2004, 07:10:52 AM »

Geh = gay, kind of some weird phonetic way of saying it, i suppose its a bit like 'meh' - doesn't mean anything but the idea does.....in theory

Quick! To the bandwagon!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2004, 01:51:25 PM »

I think it's totally rip off. what more can you say with those prices..it's a damn joke..and still we have these fans buying some live gig recordings with the price 10? wow, metallica has truly turn cashing to an art.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2004, 06:04:21 PM »

the best song it's The Unforgiven
I'd probably credit that as being the best Metallica song of the 90s, but songs like 'Seek And Destroy', 'Ride The Lightning' & 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' wipe the floor with it

Amen on that!, I don't know why people like more the black album over the Kill'em all or Ride the Lightning, even if Black album is better on Production stuff but musicly talking Kill and Ride are way Better!, anyway that's I think any thoughts on that??  ok

Well once again im bored so ill give my thoughts on that (i'm only about 4 months late)..........I would say the Black album is so popular because it is when Metallica went all out on commercial front before this album they had only had 1 music video. There were at least 4 off this album, the music lost it's edge it was 'smoothed' over, much more accessable for everyone out there.......better though.....nope.  Now with St.Anger they are trying to please fans old and new they are trying to be commercial but look like they are going back to their roots.........well i think they must have forgotten that guitar solo's were in those roots are theirs......maybe they will discover them for their next album
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2004, 02:47:46 PM »

I'm a few years late .. but so what?

I think the guy who suggested starting with The Black Album knew what he was talking about.

I was introduced to Metallica with stuff from Black. Of course, then I heard stuff from Master, Ride, and Kill .. and Black was suddenly the last thing on my mind ... I heard Justice last .. and it joined my list ..

I still listen to Black now and then .. but not so often ..

There are a few good songs on the other albums .. but my suggestion to any wannabe 'tallica fan is ..

Buy Albums no. 1 - 5 ... D/l the rest ..

No.
MCT
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2004, 02:55:44 PM »

St Anger is an okay album.....but compared with the first three albums it is dog poo and an utter travesty.

.......... rofl........that some funny shit...........you always seem to have the perfect balance between eloquent phrases and street-level talk.......combined of course to create.............FUNNY SHIT.......

oh btw.........you have me in agreement Wag......ster....

Now gimme a paw.........
sandman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2004, 08:38:08 PM »

all metallica's music is awesome. if you look at their 20 years of work, you can see how they are always evolving.

go to livemetallica.com and download a recent show. they are playing a great variety of songs from throughout their entire career.

IMO, the album are ranked like this:
1. master of puppets
2. kill em all
3. ride the lightening
4. justice
5. st. anger
6. metallica
7. re-load
8. load

the load albums get shit on by people alot, but they are great albums. several great songs including: bleeding me, king nothing, fuel, hero of the day, ain't my bitch, memory remains.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2004, 12:05:13 AM »

In oRder of priority.:

Master of puppets
Ride the lightning
And Justice for all
Kill Em All
Black Album
Load
REload
St. anger

I  dont really understand certain people who call themselves  "fans" and never have heard the entire metallica discography.
how can certain people dont like Load or REload even if they havent listened to it?Huh?  drool
I dont mean those albums are the best, but you CAN'T criticize what you dont know! you CAN'T criticize what you dont understand !  no
Load has great songs ,great lyrics,great guitar solos, if you people  havent had the time to listen to it, do yourself a favor then ,and crank up the fuckin stereo!!!!  Angry

It might sound stupid but every person i ask why dont you like Load or Re load....and they say " because they changed their directions"  Roll Eyes WOW !! thats the most stupid thing i've ever heard, why?Huh? Becuase every fuckin band change their directions,if you havent notice that in other bands, you know shit about music then Wink

But then again its cool you can hate Metalllica, You can love Metallica But you can never ignore Metallica, and thats why Metallica is so monumental. yes

If the world would end today... Wink
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2004, 12:33:40 AM »

Favorite album/ Ride The Lightning

Fav songs/ One, creeping death

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2004, 12:11:03 PM »

best album-the black album
best song-until it sleeps or tuesdays gone (cover)

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
MCT
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2004, 01:13:52 PM »

I  dont really understand certain people who call themselves  "fans" and never have heard the entire metallica discography.
how can certain people dont like Load or REload even if they havent listened to it?Huh?

Ah...........why would someone say that they either like or don't an album if they havent listened to it?............huh?

But then again its cool you can hate Metalllica, You can love Metallica But you can never ignore Metallica, and thats why Metallica is so monumental. yes

I take it you're a fan?
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2004, 12:02:38 AM »

how can certain people dont like Load or REload even if they havent listened to it?Huh?

Ah...........why would someone say that they either like or don't an album if they havent listened to it?............huh?

I take it you're a fan?

Im a fuckin fan, and believe it or not people give their opinions without even listen to a record, at least where i live its that way. unfortunatley  Cry

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2004, 01:24:16 AM »

The Black Album of course. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2004, 09:07:14 AM »

every Metallica album kicks ass in it's own way ok beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
MCT
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2004, 02:42:28 PM »

Im a fuckin fan, and believe it or not people give their opinions without even listen to a record, at least where i live its that way. unfortunatley  Cry

Do you live here?
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2004, 12:12:27 AM »

Do you live here?

I live in Ecuador ,  South America

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2004, 10:47:16 AM »

Currently there best song for me is 'I disappear', kick ass!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2004, 10:54:48 AM »

Currently there best song for me is 'I disappear', kick ass!

Definately it is one of the few Metallica songs of recent years that shows they are still possible of greatness
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2004, 11:03:50 AM »

Metallica are the classic case of a band hanging around for two long....nothing they have done since the black album (with the exception of whiskey in the jar, S&m's Master of Puppets and I disappear) have been worth the wait

Album no#11 needs some real inspiration

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2004, 11:20:41 AM »

Metallica are the classic case of a band hanging around for two long....nothing they have done since the black album (with the exception of whiskey in the jar, S&m's Master of Puppets and I disappear) have been worth the wait

What about Fuel? Until It Sleeps? The Memory Remains?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2004, 02:42:42 PM »

What about Fuel? Until It Sleeps? The Memory Remains?

Like i said not worth the wait

I still haven't listened all the way through of either Load or Reload in all the years i have owned them - they were such shite i just switched 'em off and buried them into the depths of my cd collection never to emerge again....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: