Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 444542 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2004, 08:33:14 AM »

I'm so hyped up I just had to post about it! It's been eight fucking years since the last time I was at a Metallica show, they're like one of my top 5 favourite bands of all time along with GNR, Iron Maiden and AC/DC. Tomorrow They're playing at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki, Finland along with Slipknot and Lostprophets. From what I've heard and seen on tv and some recent bootlegs, they're playing better than they have in years! Tomorrows the big day, the best fucking show of the year!RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy smoking beer

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2004, 09:31:27 AM »

So do i!  beer

Though i?ve never been a huge Metallica fan, but i?m sure tomorrow will be awesome!!

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Evolution
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2004, 05:28:09 PM »

my friend gonna see them at Download.sound be great for the 2 of yas!any ideas of their set? have a great time!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2004, 02:29:56 AM »

I'm sorry.... hihi  j/k

I saw them 12 yrs ago and they were great.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2004, 06:33:32 AM »

My friend called me last night and offered me a ticket. Earlier I thought I couldn't get one, and I spent all my money so I can't go now.. A little pissed off, but what are you gonna do..

Hope you have a GREAT time!!

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2004, 07:21:16 AM »

Earlier I thought I couldn't get one, and I spent all my money so I can't go now..  

I think tickets were quite expensive, 56 euros..

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2004, 03:07:16 AM »

So how was the gig?Huh
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2004, 09:11:39 AM »

It was great, i really enjoyed it, though i didn?t see much and my legs were so sore afterwards. But it was defenetly worth it!

There was 46000 people (almost 1 % of finnish population  Grin), sun were shining and everybody (including the band) were on good mood. Crowd was a bit lame in the beginning  (that?s how we finns are...) and James even said "Let?s count to ten...No? To four?....No? At least two?...Do you people understand english?"  hihi

Setlist:

Blackened
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Frantic
For Whom The Bell Tolls
I Disappear
St. Anger
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Battery
--------
Wherever I May Roam
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets
--------
One
Enter Sandman
--------
Jump In The Fire
Seek And Destroy

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2004, 10:21:56 AM »

James even said "Let?s count to ten...No? To four?....No? At least two?...Do you people understand english?"  hihi

That was just a joke, he asked "Can you count to four?", and someone from the audience yelled "I can count to two!", to which James just laughed.

The gig was nice, but they could've played a bit louder. It was hard to decide whether to use ear plugs or not. Hearing 'Jump in the Fire' live was a nice surprise..

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
joy_division
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2004, 10:54:24 AM »

Great gig. Lots of songs from the earlier albums and Jump In The Fire and Seek & Destroy as the last two songs, there isn't a better ending than that...
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2004, 05:49:12 PM »

That's great setlist!

I'm going to see them for the first time, on 27.6.
They're coming to Zagreb, and it will be the biggest metal show ever here.

And guess who is coming to Zagreb 2 days after Metallica - Adler's Appetite

I think my head will explode after these 2 shows.

hmwa, hmwa
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2004, 08:36:05 AM »

It was a fucking awesome show! It's been four dfays and I'm still all fired up! Great setlist, I wished they would have played Dyers Eve like they did in Poland, but I guess Jump In The Fire was a nice surprise too. Do you know what it's like when 46 000 people sing along with you to the song the band is playing on stage? My god, it's a RUSH! This was my third Metallica concert ever (first one was in 1993, second one 1996) but definitely not the last one. Hope they come back to Finland real soon. But to an indoor arena this time, would be better for the sound and the pyrotechnics...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
sami
Headliner

« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2004, 07:26:24 AM »

I just listened Master of the puppets from S & M and it?s fuckin?  awesome. How did they play it this time rate it in scale 4 - 10
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2004, 09:14:27 PM »

"Rock history was made today as METALLICA seized triumph from the jaws of disaster, after drummer Lars Ulrich was hospitalised with a mystery ailment, on the day of their headline performance at the second day of the Download Festival.

"Whereas lesser bands would fold in the face of such adversity, METALLICA were not going to let this little setback spoil the party.

"A frantic backstage call for arms (and sticks) rallied an impressive contingent of troops from other artists on today's line-up, all ready and willing to do their bit for the 'TALLICA, and a secret spur-of-the-moment rehearsal/audition was held in the band's dressing room to decide a set-list!

"The crowd were not informed of the crisis unfolding backstage, and patience was beginning to wear thin after the band had failed to appear, more than an hour after their due time, evoking the festive chant of 'You're shit!'

"At around 10pm, the 'Ecstacy of Gold' intro music kicked in, and the boos became frenzied cheers. These soon faded, as the three emerging band members walked solemnly to the front of the stage. Singer James Hetfield was quick to get to the point.

" 'We would like to apologise for being so late to start, but only three of us made it down here to Donington today. Unfortunately our drummer, Lars, is in hospital. We don't know what's wrong, but we wish him all the best. Some friends of ours are gonna help us out, so we're going to make rock history tonight!'

"First in the hot seat was SLAYER's Dave Lombardo, much to the crowd's obvious delight, as the band kicked off with an apprehensive 'Battery', and just about pulled it off, with a lot of nodding from Hetfield and bassist Rob Trujillo. Next up was SLIPKNOT's Joey Jordison, and then something magical happened. Surging into 'For Whom the Bell Tolls', the remaining band members were unable to contain their smiles as it quickly became apparent that the small, demure figure behind the kit was not so much their salvation, as their hero of the day.

"As his confidence grew, Jodison began to add his own flavour, improvising thundering fills over 'Creeping Death' and 'Seek and Destroy', much to the glee of beaming guitarist Kirk Hammett. After a brief and not-entirely-successful attempt by drum tech Flemming to cover on a ropey 'Fade to Black', plans to bring on LIFE OF AGONY's Sal Abruscato and bring back Lombardo and Flemming were swiftly aborted. METALLICA had found their drummer for the night!

"After what will long be remembered as a truly legendary performance, a clearly shell-shocked Jordison staggered off-stage to an emotional reunion with his unmasked SLIPKNOT bandmates, proclaiming 'You just made rock history, dude!' He just did."

01. Battery (w/ Lombardo)
02. The Four Horsemen (w/ Lombardo)
03. For Whom The Bell Tolls (w/ Jordison)
04. Creeping Death (w/ Jordison)
05. Seek And Destroy (w/ Jordison)
06. Fade To Black (w/ Lars' drum tech Flemming Larsen)
07. Wherever I May Roam (w/ Jordison)
08. Last Caress (w/ Jordison)
09. Sad But True (w/ Jordison)
10. Nothing Else Matters (w/ Jordison)
11. Enter Sandman (w/ Jordison)

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
SLCPUNK
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2004, 02:47:28 AM »

Wow that is a cool story. I would love to see a DVD of that !!! beer
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2004, 04:45:37 AM »

Whatever anyone says about Slipknot Joey Jordison is a kick ass drummer!!!!

Wahooooo...go Joey!

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2004, 05:14:29 AM »

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/gallery/gallery.cfm#

For those who find it hard to believe!?!

Heres a picture!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 05:15:36 AM by Slither-ing-Arron » Logged
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2004, 06:10:01 AM »

Actually, I think the anti nu-metal aura in music today is what drives Slipknot and other bands. I don't like their product, but I'm not a nu-metal fan.

The minute nu-metal becomes popular, another genre will become more driven, and eventually take over. All we have to do is pretend to like nu-metal until that happens.

Go Slipknot!  rofl
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2004, 06:33:34 AM »

Hehehe.  That must have been one heck of a concert experience!  I hope that Lars is on the road to recovery.  
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2004, 07:57:35 AM »

Again - why couldn't someone have gone out straight away and told the crowd there was a problem? Why did it take an hour?

I just don't understand these bands - i think they'd find their audience very understanding if they showed them the slightest respect - you don't just leave 30 thousand people hanging around.

I hope Lars recovers quickly - and maybe while he's in the hospital they can cure him of that terrible fever he had that made him say St Anger was 'the most complete musical statement we've ever made' Tongue
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 07:58:20 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: