Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 09:54:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228071 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl mention on Stern....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl mention on Stern....  (Read 9812 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 12:45:58 PM »

there's a video from MTV when GNR and metallica went on tour togather, and duff gives MTV a tour around the back stage, and when they pass by Axls room, he says no smooking allowed, because of o2 tanks.

P.S. o2 isnt good for your health. it makes you older.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 12:48:02 PM »

I love it how in the picture he's got an oxygen mask on, and a cigarette and ashtray sitting on the table.   hihi

Yea that is pretty funny.

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »

Stern just mentioned that on this new tour, a member of the Gn'R crew said that Axl has "a hyperbolic oxygen chamber" on tour with him, that he "needs to lay in for two hours before each show."?

By the way - he wasn't joking.? This was reported as something he seriously heard.

He had an oxygen tent, reportedly, backstage during the '02 tour.

Again, I say reportedly.....which isn't to say the report was correct.

Anyone hear if this was ever debunked?

Isn't oxygen good for you? Cripes, if I could sleep in an oxygen chamber, I would. I'm all for the Axl-on-his-own-planet thing, but in this case, it doesn't seem too weird. You ever see guys sucking in oxygen at football games? It's not that weird. It's a safe health tonic, as far as I can see. 

I've seen enough.
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 12:53:41 PM »

An oxygen tent is used for top sport stars to recover from injuries quicker although there is no scientific proof. The theory is that it tricks the body in creating more red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body. The fitter you are, the more red blood cells you have put very simply. Instead of suppying more oxygen into the air, the tent takes it away to push the body to create more cells to deal with the lack of oxygen. Altitude training is the more main stream way of increasing cell production quickly.

However I cant see how two hours in the tent will help Axl, unless its rigged up differently. You really need to be sleeping in it too get results!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 12:55:39 PM »

The funny thing is that when Axl uses this he's cool and everybody's like what's the big deal, but when Micheal Jackson did the same thing everybody calls him a freek for using it ?hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »

Isn't oxygen good for you? Cripes, if I could sleep in an oxygen chamber, I would. I'm all for the Axl-on-his-own-planet thing, but in this case, it doesn't seem too weird. You ever see guys sucking in oxygen at football games? It's not that weird. It's a safe health tonic, as far as I can see.?

Oh, I'm not saying it's weird, at all. ?It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, given how much he runs around the stage.

My point wasn't that it was weird, or that I doubted it was true. ?It was that I didn't have any first hand knowledge and had only seen a couple of reports that it was true. ?I wasn't sure if anyone had heard differently, or if the reports had been proven untrue (as they often are in the GnR world).

So I asked...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

The funny thing is that when Axl uses this he's cool and everybody's like what's the big deal, but when Micheal Jackson did the same thing everybody calls him a freek for using it ?hihi

Well, I don't think the oxygen chamber in his house was the ONLY reason people thought he was a freak.   rofl

But seriously, I think there is a difference between using one before a show or a tent during a show and sleeping in one very night (which was the rumor surrounding MJ).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 01:06:05 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it. The guy is 44 and has been performing for years. He knows better than anyone what he needs on a night in night out basis to pull off a great show. It could be far worse, like... Axl running off stage and shooting heorin or sniffing lines to "recover" between songs...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

I wouldnt be to surprised if a majority of Frontmen use this, especially the older ones. Tyler, Jagger etc.

When Im Gone.............
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 01:25:46 PM »

I was always under the impression that most singers use Oxygen to helptheir vocals.  I don't think it's weird.  I think I saw a special on the NFL Network where Tiki Barber sleeps in one every night.

Wake up. . . .time to die
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

Yup, seen that exact same thing.

When Im Gone.............
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 01:49:55 PM »

Jerome Bettis needed one in the locker room from what I remember. He suffers from asthma and after long hard runs would go to the sidelines and hit oxygen due to it. If it was bad enough they had one back in the locker room from what an old Steeler fan told me.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »

An oxygen tent is used for top sport stars to recover from injuries quicker although there is no scientific proof. The theory is that it tricks the body in creating more red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body. The fitter you are, the more red blood cells you have put very simply. Instead of suppying more oxygen into the air, the tent takes it away to push the body to create more cells to deal with the lack of oxygen. Altitude training is the more main stream way of increasing cell production quickly.

However I cant see how two hours in the tent will help Axl, unless its rigged up differently. You really need to be sleeping in it too get results!

axl actually breathed pure oxygen between the songs (and prior to the show...) i think ok

I wouldn't worry about it. The guy is 44 and has been performing for years. He knows better than anyone what he needs on a night in night out basis to pull off a great show. It could be far worse, like... Axl running off stage and shooting heorin or sniffing lines to "recover" between songs...

hihi     i know someone........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 03:14:47 PM »

Michael Jackson SLEPT in a coffin sized oxygen chamber.. Axl simply has an oxygen tank/tent (which is it, because the TENT is pretty wierd)

But you are right in a way, I think T.O. (Terrell Owens, football player) sleeps in one (coffin sized).
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 03:19:55 PM »

I think its pretty critical whether its a tank of oxygen (which would be totally logical) or a tent (which wouldnt help at all if its the sporting version!). I really hope its just a tank because it would be really uncool if he had a tent!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 03:22:06 PM »

like darth vader !

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »

like darth vader !
I DO NOT !

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »

Stern just mentioned that on this new tour, a member of the Gn'R crew said that Axl has "a hyperbolic oxygen chamber" on tour with him, that he "needs to lay in for two hours before each show." 

By the way - he wasn't joking.  This was reported as something he seriously heard.

He had an oxygen tent, reportedly, backstage during the '02 tour.

Again, I say reportedly.....which isn't to say the report was correct.

Anyone hear if this was ever debunked?

he did have one on the UYI tour, Duff showed it to the camera on some documentary Ive seen from back then.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 04:08:53 PM »

Speaking of Axl on Stern...I was just listening to an Axl/Sebastian Bach call-in to Howard Stern from maybe 89 or so, & it's soooo funny - Baz has not changed one iota.  I love it!  peace
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 04:34:19 PM »

Here's the GNR- Metallica special  where Duff refers to Axl's oxygen tank    it's on the 1st part  . I went ahead and put all 4 parts for you guys to see anyway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2lyTyzCgqN4&search=guns%20n%27%20roses     part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aklEVO3Uur0&search=guns%20n%27%20roses     part2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BP4yvifB_g&search=guns%20n%27%20roses      part 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4v132Y7NV0g&search=guns%20n%27%20roses    part 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: